Not open for further replies.

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
up to PE $4.65... bah

Reactions: GTR

PandaThief

Reaction score
That is possible and at the very least Michael Jackson was a very weird guy but that story doesn't sell me that's for sure.
Why do you think the 93 case was settled for $20M ? The kid accurately described MJ's penis. No innocent person would payoff a family 20M for something they weren't guilty of. I'll leave it at that

Reactions: Liz and GemStone

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will say this - there are also very compelling defenses of Jackson presented by people who are far more informed and have spent far more time going down these rabbitholes than I ever care to go. They also tend to dispense with the over the top melodrama and are very point by point; allegation by allegation. In terms of presentation and substance, the defenses I've seen have always been better assembled than the attacks, which tend to rely on inferences. And I've yet to see anything that attempts to come at it from the middle.

And when you have a bizarre billionaire involved, it's virtually impossible to get in that person's shoes and try to relate to decisions he made and ways he behaves. And I don't mean that to say "we can't understand what compels a rich weirdo to want to !@#$ boys" but rather "we can't understand why someone would pay 5% of a year's earnings and .5% of his net worth to someone just to make an allegation go away..." Because we hear '$20 million' and get in a tizzy over it. Michael Jackson hears '$20 million' and thinks - 'well shit...do y'all take personal checks? I only carry $5 million in petty cash in my suitcase"

And the guy was just as socially awkward as they come and because of that (and what is probably a lifetime of insecurity) he was also far more beholden to the decisions of his legal team and business manager than others.

I've watched some stuff on both sides of this discussion and I truly wouldn't feel comfortable making the call either way. But what I will say is that in a weird way, I almost hope he did it. Because if he didn't, society broke down and eventually killed one of the greatest philanthropists of all time on a whim. If he was guilty, then he was a carefully constructed, conniving sociopath. If he wasn't, then he was one of the truly caring, misunderstood, incredible human beings of the century.

Reactions: coffee.cup and GTR

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
That is possible and at the very least Michael Jackson was a very weird guy but that story doesn't sell me that's for sure.
I haven't watched the doc yet, but I'd need to know a lot more about the people who made it to consider the story they're selling. I don't hold any particular reverence for MJ either; was never a fan of his music, but I do know he was investigated by the FBI twice, and they found nothing substantial. It's as plausable to me that he molested kids as it is plausable to me that he was just an eccentric person who had unusual and unhealthy relationships with kids that had shitty parents.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The guy did give a handjob....I'll be honest I laughed so hard at that part.
I couldn't believe it. I was like "this is fake" Oh it's not...that guy picked the perfect people to play.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't watched the doc yet, but I'd need to know a lot more about the people who made it to consider the story they're selling. I don't hold any particular reverence for MJ either; was never a fan of his music, but I do know he was investigated by the FBI twice, and they found nothing substantial. It's as plausable to me that he molested kids as it is plausable to me that he was just an eccentric person who had unusual and unhealthy relationships with kids that had shitty parents.
It didn't help that the way he was raised fucked up his head. He was given no child hood so he wanted to be a kid all the time.

Reactions: barny and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
It didn't help that the way he was raised fucked up his head. He was given no child hood so he wanted to be a kid all the time.
he definitely had Peter Pan syndrome, which was caused by the greed of his father and never letting him just be a kid

Reactions: barny and GemStone

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Well... Good day. Wish I could find some great batches that are mobile friendly. Been on the road since noon yesterday and have anther 6 hours to go.

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Yeah, there's definitely that. That of course doesn't excuse MJ from any misconduct if it occured, but from a psychological standpoint it would be a valid explaination.

I'm not super curious about the documentary; I'm actually way more curious about the people who made it and the people who funded it, and their particular motivations.

Reactions: GTR

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, there's definitely that. That of course doesn't excuse MJ from any misconduct if it occured, but from a psychological standpoint it would be a valid explaination.

I'm not super curious about the documentary; I'm actually way more curious about the people who made it and the people who funded it, and their particular motivations.
That's always the big question, who is behind this? Honestly I'm not sure who made it but it seems hit piecy.

Reactions: barny
Status
Not open for further replies.