03/08 - Funkytown Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemStone

Contributor
Reaction score
That's always the big question, who is behind this? Honestly I'm not sure who made it but it seems hit piecy.
On the Oprah part they talked about it a little. The guy who made it was on stage but he really didn't talk that much. He said he was just documenting what had happened. I can't remember if he said who bankrolled it though.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To kind of finish up on all the Jackson stuff I wanted to add.

A basic rule of thumb is that, as a general rule, the more salacious (and detailed) something is, the less likely it is to be accurate.

I mean c'mon - when something starts to sound like a South Park episode, maybe some skepticism is needed.

Again - I can't launch any kind of real defense of him; it's simply not a road I've ever felt compelled to go down. But others have and those kinds of documentaries are also available and are generally well done.

But to believe he was that fucking nutty is to believe that he was that nutty for 20 years without getting pinned to the wall for it. And remember - when you catch an employee stealing, it's not the first time that employee stole, it was just the first time you saw it.

Beyond that, you have to believe that this person, who was genuinely unhinged in many ways, was able to be a serial predator of children (in evidently gruesome ways) despite being about 3 dimes short of a dollar pretty much his entire adult life. It's akin to the ridiculousness of the same people believing that George Bush couldn't tie his own tie yet was the mastermind behind the 9/11 coverup.

It simply strains the boundaries of credulity at times and when these documentaries go pushing ever more salacious details, you really do have to view that with a jaundiced eye. It's funny how the ones that come later in time always seem to just stumble upon worse and worse stuff. I mean it's almost as though they're simply trying to one-up each other to get you interested in a story that's been told a dozen times already...

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Task Interleaving Study | PANDA
Requester: ETH DeSciL [A13FVLMLUTH7ND] (Req TV): $23.77/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.52] [Fair: 4.93] [Comm: 4.65] [Fast: 4.90]
Description:
You will interleave small tasks like solving simple equations or reading a text.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Descil-E-7C97D6A7 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
Love me some ETH!
Edit: There is up to a $5 bonus. I got all $5.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Online Food Ordering ($0.60)(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Yan Huang [AXIX2QQH7XF3L] (Req TV): $13.44/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 2.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 1.00]
Description:
An Online Food Ordering company would like to test its new website
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Exc: [275142893-132991] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;
3 minutes, Chrome only, sound required, easy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Complete a series of surveys that ask about personality traits and various behaviors. | PANDA
Requester: Colin Vize [A26V47XSQ377L4] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will complete a series of questionnaires on an online platform that ask about yourself, your personality, and specific behaviors in which you may or may not have engaged. You may choose to skip any questions that you don’t feel comfortable answering.
Time: 2 hour(s)
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
Bubble Hell

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
My sister lives 0.07 miles too close to the school and the bus has decided to stop picking her up .-.

edit: I felt y'all needed to know that. Enjoy.

Last edited:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Complete a series of surveys that ask about personality traits and various behaviors. | PANDA
Requester: Colin Vize [A26V47XSQ377L4] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will complete a series of questionnaires on an online platform that ask about yourself, your personality, and specific behaviors in which you may or may not have engaged. You may choose to skip any questions that you don’t feel comfortable answering.
Time: 2 hour(s)
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
Bubble Hell
I'm re watching the Game of Thrones all the way through again and I read bubble hell as "Seven Hells!" :hilarious:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
My sister lives 0.07 miles too close to the school and the bus has decided to stop picking her up .-.

edit: I felt y'all needed to know that. Enjoy.
Nope, sounds like BS to me. Time to burst through a door and make demands. :love:

Reactions: Jaded

TabethaC

Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of and emotions about groups(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Social Emotions Lab [A2VGTS3GSGPTVJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.69] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.67] [Pen=1.00] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer a survey about your emotions and opinions of groups you belong to
Qualifications: Exc: [-1753688342-122533] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50; TP Panel: -564112512 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.