02/21 - Tomato Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I forgot to pack my son's lunch. Going to eat**** breakfast, drop his lunch off, get oil changed...I just wanna be lazy and talk on Noah.

Last edited:

PandaThief

Reaction score
Since it's a slow morning I have an interesting question.

Friend of mine told me he is done with gaming. I was like wow after like 35 years you're done? And he proceeded to tell me modern gaming is shit. He is like all these games are sci fi which I don't like, I don't like these super slow games that take forever either. But then he tells me old games have bad graphics...

Do you think it's possible to just get old and not like gaming anymore or is modern gaming actually kinda shitty? I never really thought that but I still enjoy gaming.
I think you friend just realized there's more to life than staring at a tv/computer screen 6-7 hrs a day. He may have just gotten a life. And no modern gaming does not suck, but what do i know i stopped playing when controllers started getting too complicated with so many buttons

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me personally that has changed, but I get bored with games a LOT faster than I used to. I don't know if that has to do with the quality of games or if, again, it's just me that's changed. Every once and a while I'll get nostalgic and play some older games that I used to love SO much, and I'm like ehhhh these kind of suck and are boring now and I get sad because I wanted that same feeling I used to have. Only one I still love playing through is Warcraft 3. The only modern game I don't get tired of nowadays is League of Legends, but I guess it constantly changes so maybe that's why.
I think as we get older and have a lot of other things to do that plays in. Like I've been playing red dead 2 forever because I can't just put in 10 hours a day at it.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Life Study: Participate in a study - $.51 HIT for url] | [url="https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3VNGVF6XFI12I3FNX55ZKCNBHBEGCB/tasks/accept_random"]Accept

Requester: Behavioral Lab [A2YCGKXGFSIR71] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.65] [Fast=4.95] [Comm=4.69] [Fair=4.96] [Reviews=127] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.67] [Pen=0.09] [Res=null] [Rec=88] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.51
Duration: 30:00
Available: 28
Description: Most people complete this HIT about minutes, must have BOTH computer and phone available.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; b1536f2e DoesNotExist ; Exc: [-278503999-130174] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.4
[/url][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3VNGVF6XFI12I3FNX55ZKCNBHBEGCB/tasks[/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

jan

Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Study(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ipek Demirdag [A2WQ8FKGKDSRA4] Contact
TO: [Pay=2.83] [Fast=2.60] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.87] [Pen=0.58] [Res=null] [Rec=75] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 58
Description: A new survey has been posted. Hurry and sign-up - spaces are limited. The study is related to attitudes towards different “hot topics”. Please note: all participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this study. You must also be familiar with ride sharing services (e.g., Uber, Lyft) or space-sharing services (e.g., AirBnB, Couchsurfing).
Qualifications: Exc: [366870875-129855] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you friend just realized there's more to life than staring at a tv/computer screen 6-7 hrs a day. He may have just gotten a life
Actually...to be real with you...it's kind of the opposite. He's a single dude that lives with his mom and has no job. He got divorced and over the last few years I've noticed basically anything and everything he use to like he says sucks now. Then he'll say he's to busy to try new things or seek out aspects that are good when in reality...he's not doing anything.

My GF thinks he's depressed and won't admit it.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Actually...to be real with you...it's kind of the opposite. He's a single dude that lives with his mom and has no job. He got divorced and over the last few years I've noticed basically anything and everything he use to like he says sucks now. Then he'll say he's to busy to try new things or seek out aspects that are good when in reality...he's not doing anything.

My GF thinks he's depressed and won't admit it.
I hit reply to be like "Dawg he sounds depressed" when I saw your GF said the same, 100% agree. That sounds like the super sads.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
it is honestly.

play anthem for 10 hours and ask yourselves wtf bioware has been doing for the last 6 years.

nobody cares anymore because whales pay for anything and everything.
But Spider-Man is so awesome

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
back with my burrito!

As for gaming... I've always been into casual games but I have stopped playing as much as I used to because I have to think more about trade-offs in terms of what I do with my time and what I do for enjoyment than I did in high school and college. Ex: stardew valley - it's so much fun but I just don't want to invest massive amounts of time because that time is too precious/limited and I'm using most of it for music and turking (to fund the music stuff). So it's really just about priorities I guess!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judging whether words make sense - about 20 min - Scientific Study on Language Comprehension | Accept
Requester: Kaup Lab [AG7IJQDP78DTK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.63] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.33] [Pen=1.00] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: With this study, we want to investigate how we understand and process words. Your task is to read words and to judge whether they have a sensible interpretation or not..
Qualifications: Location In GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hit reply to be like "Dawg he sounds depressed" when I saw your GF said the same, 100% agree. That sounds like the super sads.
I tried to have a conversation with him about it and he's like "I'm not depressed I don't get why people keep telling me this" it's like I dunno dude you literally crap on anything and everything constantly.

GTR

Reaction score
going to an arcade back in the day was the shit, so much fun playing Galaga, Phoenix, Tempest, Asteroids, the wrestling one and Gauntlet was off the hook especially when you could get 3 others to join in, man i spent hours standing playing that

Reactions: LucyO and Sondi

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I tried to have a conversation with him about it and he's like "I'm not depressed I don't get why people keep telling me this" it's like I dunno dude you literally crap on anything and everything constantly.
Ugh that sucks. I really hope he comes around. That's the worst.

Reactions: FrenchToast

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
going to an arcade back in the day was the shit, so much fun playing Galaga, Phoenix, Tempest, Asteroids, the wrestling one and Gauntlet was off the hook especially when you could get 3 others to join in, man i spent hours standing playing that
Back in the day when the arcade games were better than anything you could play at home.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
The last arcade in our town shut down two years ago....It was there at the mall one day and the next time I went there was just a big empty hole....I think it's a quilting shop now:(

Reactions: GTR

GTR

Reaction score
The last arcade in our town shut down two years ago....It was there at the mall one day and the next time I went there was just a big empty hole....I think it's a quilting shop now:(
boo to quilting shop, should have stayed an arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.