02/21 - Tomato Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
developers want to build high rise million dollar condos, also the mall was the place to be growing up in the 70s to 90s
best place to check out girls get gag gifts, incense and posters at Spencer's, eat with many different choices of places and drink Orange Julius or strawberry which was my favorite :)
I forgot about Spencers! A few years ago I worked at a jewelry store in the mall and it was across the hall from Spencers. It would be so dead during the summer months that we would play frisbee and hacky sack across the hall with the employees at Spencers.

Reactions: Kennedy and GTR

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The mall theory plays right in line with GameStop dying aswell...everyone just buys shit digitally now.

We as a society are using technology to be even lazier than before...fuck driving 5 minutes down the road just order it! I'll buy things digitally if they are cheaper, but I'll go to the store for a deal also.

Reactions: GTR and Kliq

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
The mall theory plays right in line with GameStop dying aswell...everyone just buys shit digitally now.

We as a society are using technology to be even lazier than before...fuck driving 5 minutes down the road just order it! I'll buy things digitally if they are cheaper, but I'll go to the store for a deal also.
My boyfriend loves going to gamestop. He has the elite player card and everything. It's a whole experience for him.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That particular writing survey was actually super fun. 10/10 would do again.

Yeah, I know, right!?! It is run by a little old lady like the one that runs the craft store in Bob's Burgers...I never see anyone in there....
Ok well now that sounds amazing and I want to go bother her about quilts and stuff.

I've seen TWO WILD BIRD STORES since being out here in mid-west land and was blown away by that. Wild Birds UNLIMITED, Quilting stores, my old Doctors wife had a YARN SHOP in NJ (didn't last long, no surprises) WHAT WILL WE THINK OF NEXT?

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My boyfriend loves going to gamestop. He has the elite player card and everything. It's a whole experience for him.
LOL, I have one of those...be aware though if you've built up a lot of points use them in the next 2 years, GameStop is dying and there is no saving it because 50% of game buyers just buy stuff over ps plus, xbox live or the nintendo eshop now.

Reactions: savvy and LucyO

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll throw out another theory...

On top of online/digital giving people the super convenience of being lazy and never leaving the house...the other thing that has hurt malls is Joe Walmart. Walmart is really the only store doing well because it's cheap...and people go there to buy all their crap instead of going anywhere else.

I made a joke one day that in 20 years the only things that will exist are online shopping and Walmart.

Reactions: Despairagus and GTR

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning!

You've received a bonus from psyml for work.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Pretty sure I got $1.00 bonus for something else.
So that's a pretty good start to my day since I've mostly just been drinking coffee and watching Dumplin' so far.

GTR

Reaction score
some of you youngins will not recall this, but, back in the day, we use to actually go outside and play, with real people, in the Sun, and the rain and the snow.
we actually got to touch someone when we played football and basketball... this is a true story.

Last edited:

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
That particular writing survey was actually super fun. 10/10 would do again.

Ok well now that sounds amazing and I want to go bother her about quilts and stuff.

I've seen TWO WILD BIRD STORES since being out here in mid-west land and was blown away by that. Wild Birds UNLIMITED, Quilting stores, my old Doctors wife had a YARN SHOP in NJ (didn't last long, no surprises) WHAT WILL WE THINK OF NEXT?
In one of our smaller malls, most of the big stores have left and we are getting a lot of stores that sell specialty items, like the ones you see in downtown areas. It's actually kind of cool. I don't live far from Asheville NC, and I love their hippie/natural/artsy vibe down there and I can only hope that is what we will eventually turn into.

Reactions: Despairagus and GTR

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
some of you youngins will not recall this, but, back in the day, we use to actually go outside and play, with real people, in the Sun, and the rain and the snow.
we actually got to touch someone when we play football and basketball... this is a true story.
Man I actually remember playing catch with kids on the street....and if you actually got to go in another kids house to play genesis or SNES it was rare and lasted maybe an hour before they told you to go back outside.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
LOL, I have one of those...be aware though if you've built up a lot of points use them in the next 2 years, GameStop is dying and there is no saving it because 50% of game buyers just buy stuff over ps plus, xbox live or the nintendo eshop now.
I will inform him of that. We just bought a switch, two games, and extra controllers on Saturday. that probably got some points...

Reactions: Despairagus

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
TurkerView has a contact requester link. That is what I use.
Super small QoL thing, but I added the normal profile buttons (copy rid, mturk profile link, contact requester) to search results for those who use TV to get in touch w/ requesters on MTurk:

Should save a click if you're over there specifically trying to hunt someone down to get in touch with :)

Requester search is much faster but you can also search HITs if no one has reviewed a requester & it will (99% chance) bring up the requester you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.