Reaction score
Title: Job offer (decoding task) | Accept
Requester: Yunshil Cha [A15M060KBW5ZQA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Decoding task, incentive compensation, a raffle
Qualifications: Employee2 Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
export test[/td][/tr]

keladry2009

Reaction score
So, if we pay for things to help us turk (tvjs, Turknator, whatever) can we claim that as a work expense on taxes? Yes, right?
id assume so. my husband was an independent contractor last year (which is basically what we are?) and he got to write off all his tools he bought at home depot and stuff! tools of the trade baby! :p i wonder if we could buy ourselves new computers too! :D new rigs for all!

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
id assume so. my husband was an independent contractor last year (which is basically what we are?) and he got to write off all his tools he bought at home depot and stuff! tools of the trade baby! :p i wonder if we could buy ourselves new computers too! :D new rigs for all!
pretty sure unless you have over then 12k in deductions you can't claim shit

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, if we pay for things to help us turk (tvjs, Turknator, whatever) can we claim that as a work expense on taxes? Yes, right?
I am not a tax person, but maybe. Same thing as a carpenter writing off a hammer I would assume. I think there might be limits or something but again, I'm NOT a tax person.

I think you can only do a % of the total price every year or something? It also has to be 100% for work only or something too iirc.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
pretty sure unless you have over then 12k in deductions you can't claim shit
huh? I claim a percentage of my internet bill, I claimed my new work computer when I first got it, and I'm going to claim my computer repair bills for this year. There isn't a minimum.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am not a tax person, but maybe. Same thing as a carpenter writing off a hammer I would assume. I think there might be limits or something but again, I'm NOT a tax person.

I think you can only do a % of the total price every year or something? It also has to be 100% for work only or something too iirc.
you can do a percentage of it if it isn't 100% for work. Like my internet, I use for work about 70% of the time, so I claim 70% of my internet expenses.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
technically if you have a dedicated space in which you work, yes, you can deduct the % square footage that you use. its also how you get the attention of the tax man.
my living room (largest in the apt) is now my dedicated working space. Nothing else may be done here but work...

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
technically if you have a dedicated space in which you work, yes, you can deduct the % square footage that you use. its also how you get the attention of the tax man.
Home office deduction went away with the tax reform I believe, I could be remembering incorrectly though.
Scratch that it's still viable for self employment, just not employees.

Last edited:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I can be pretty crafty... I mean I work from home so rent counts, right? /s
you can claim a home office deduction if you have a room dedicated solely to work. if you're just set up in your living room, then no.

edit: as of last year.

Reactions: Despairagus

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
huh? I claim a percentage of my internet bill, I claimed my new work computer when I first got it, and I'm going to claim my computer repair bills for this year. There isn't a minimum.
my tax lady told me i could claim 85% of the internet bill, any computer parts or repairs, and any mileage traveling to get those parts or repairs (the nearest good computer store is a hour away from here)

keladry2009

Reaction score
im sure different states have different rules as well though in california you can also claim your workspace and youll get money back for rent!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
im sure different states have different rules as well though in california you can also claim your workspace and youll get money back for rent!
Oh, I wasn't even thinking about different states. oops. I thought it depended on federal laws, not state. I'm dumb. :sofa:

Reactions: Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.