Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Survivor Season 2 Challenge Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by TQueen, Aug 7, 2016.

1. SweetiePuff

SweetiePuff
    Expand Collapse
    No Lifer

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Oh boy!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    TQueen and coffeeowl like this.
  2. Vanyanka

Vanyanka
    Expand Collapse
    Queen Aveline's Favorite Slave

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    [​IMG]

3. SweetiePuff

SweetiePuff
    Expand Collapse
    No Lifer

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Is this where we're meeting?

4. SweetiePuff

SweetiePuff
    Expand Collapse
    No Lifer

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    [​IMG]

TQueen, MerryLou, Jaded and 1 other person like this.
  5. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    What a long journey this has been! @coffeeowl@coffeeowl and @MerryLou@MerryLou are you ready to duke it out on the final challenge?

The finale will be the classic

5/5 Pay Survey

[​IMG]

Your fellow jury members will be coming up with questions for you two to answer again for the final challenge this season. I will be posting this list of questions from the jury here in the challenge thread by the end of the day tomorrow.

You will have until Thursday, December 8th at 11:59 pst to post your answers to these questions here in the challenge thread. On Friday, the Jury will get together and decide who will be our SOLE SURVIVOR.

Our Jury for this final task is composed of 13 of our past Castaways this season. I want to extend a personal thank you to all the players who have hung around for Jury and made this season awesome.

This time you will NOT be allowed to answer these verbally or with video. The only answers that will be allowed will be GRAPHICS/TEXT. Make them as special as you'd like. You can do media with anything created (such as slides/animated video) but nothing live action and no voicing.

If you have any questions of whether something will be allowed within these rules, feel free to ask questions.

On a personal note, this season has been one of the biggest pleasures for me the past couple months. It's been a great outlet for me to be creative, and I thank the two of you and everyone who joined me in these shenanigans for playing along and making a fun and creative environment for me to come up with crazy challenges.

I'm not going to get too mushy yet. I'm sure I'll be more than mushy this weekend.

:tqueen:

coffeeowl, MerryLou and Jaded like this.
  6. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    not dead

• Contributor
    Survey eh? I'm ready.

[​IMG]

Crazy we made it to the end @MerryLou@MerryLou! Best of luck and so happy to be here with you! :heart::heart::heart:

Vanyanka, TQueen, Jaded and 1 other person like this.
  7. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    You too, lady.

Bring on the feels questions, jury!

[​IMG]

8. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    @coffeeowl@coffeeowl and @MerryLou@MerryLou, here's your final task. :disrelieved:

1. What was your least favorite challenge and why?
    2. What is your favorite thing about the other contender for the Survivor crown?
    3. If you had to eat anyone on the jury, who would it be and why?
    4. What's your favorite book or movie of all time, and why did it speak to you so much?
    5. Tell us something nobody knows about you, some YOU trivia.
    6. What would you like to be written on your tombstone?
    7. Are you going to play again next season?
    8. What's your favorite color and why?
    9. If you had to live on an uninhabited island for 30 days, what three mundane objects would you bring with you?
    10. Why do you deserve to win?

Thanks again to our wonderful Jury for coming up with these questions. Ladies, we'll look forward to seeing your presentations.

MerryLou, coffeeowl and Jaded like this.
  9. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    not dead

• Contributor
    @TQueen@TQueen For #3 who is on the jury? :spaghetti1:

MerryLou, Vanyanka and TQueen like this.
  10. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    Any past Castaway from this season I'd say would be fair game for this question.

11. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    coffeeowl likes this.
  12. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    MerryLou likes this.
  13. Vanyanka

Vanyanka
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    MerryLou likes this.
  14. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Marshmallow Chick

• Administrator
    Bonus points for sass.

MerryLou and Vanyanka like this.
  15. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    Sassing up, always.

:pandashake:

coffeeowl, Jaded and Vanyanka like this.
  16. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    Today is the day ladies! :ahhh:

coffeeowl, MerryLou and Jaded like this.
  17. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    not dead

• Contributor
    :owly: Coffeeowl Presents: 5/5 Survey For The Win :owly:

1. What was your least favorite challenge and why?

My least favorite challenge was the two part :knife: :knife: :knife: Challenge where we had to play House Flip and then kill off other members. That House Flip game was one of the most irritating I have ever played! I love HGTV home shows, I love decorating my own spaces, and my father used to run a real estate business. I helped him flip houses and that game was almost as hard as the real thing. Hanging windows is tricky but not THAT tricky! All that broken glass. Don’t get me started on the tile! I spent hours playing the game to get a decent score and luckily I did well enough to survive another week.

[​IMG]

2. What is your favorite thing about the other contender for the Survivor crown?

MerryLou, MerryLou how I love thee through and through! Even though she is a fierce competitor MerryLou is always supportive and that is what I love about her most. She was an excellent Team Captain and kept us motivated during the challenges. She is also helpful and supportive to other forum members. She is always ready to help someone out who has a question. She claims to be an evil villain but her good side can’t help but shine through. She is awesome and I am so glad I have gotten to know her a bit better here.

[​IMG]

3. If you had to eat anyone on the jury, who would it be and why?

As a vegetarian but also an owl this is tricky. After a long deliberation, I have decided that my only wise choice would be fellow vegetarian and Diet Coke lover Vanyanka. She would probably have a more familiar flavor profile that I could enjoy and hopefully more vitamins. I read somewhere that vegetarians taste better too. Probably best not to dwell too long on this one. Forgive me lovely Vanyanka!

[​IMG]

4. What's your favorite book or movie of all time, and why did it speak to you so much?

My favorite book of all time is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It changed literature being the first in the genre of psychological realism which led me to study Literature at one time with a dream of becoming an English professor. The book is all about the torments we each carry within ourselves while appearing to be something else to the outside world. It is the difference between those who work hard to make themselves versus those who are born to wealth. It is about love. All of those things speak to me. Plus the scenery and time period speak to my historical fiction loving soul! I read it every year and it never gets old. The movie version with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche is lovely as well, but as usual the book wins.

[​IMG]

5. Tell us something nobody knows about you, some YOU trivia.

I was born ambidextrous. When I was learning to write I would switch from my left to right hand when one got tired. I had a horrible teacher who felt this was wrong. She would hit my hand with a ruler when she caught me and told me that all the smart students are right-handed. So naturally I favored my left for writing because I have always been a bit sassy. Today I am left-handed as a writer but do everything else with my right. I also don’t curl my hand to pull a writing tool across the page the way many left-handers do. I push the tool across the page. I have never regretted choosing my left hand but wish that I had been able to keep up the writing with both.

[​IMG]

6. What would you like to be written on your tombstone?

I don’t plan on having a tombstone as I wish to be cremated. Donate the good parts and spread my ashes over a body of water I have loved are my only wishes I have conveyed to my family. If I had to have a tombstone I would probably want something funny written on it. Cemeteries are such somber places and if I could make someone smile that would be fine. So on my tombstone it would read:

[​IMG]

7. Are you going to play again next season?

Yes! Well ok, maybe. If I am still turking full-time then absolutely! If I have been able to get another job while doing more freelance work, which is my goal, then maybe not. This is such a fun game but it does take quite a bit of time. I also have my Sister with me a few nights a week now to alleviate the burden on my Mom. Sis has some special needs and can be quite a handful. I do encourage anyone who has the time to play next season! It is a wonderful outlet that TQueen has graciously created for us and should be enjoyed by more members!

[​IMG]

8. What's your favorite color and why?

Pantone 7545 C is a steely blue gray that I return to time and time again. I have designed websites around it, painted full apartments (and single bedrooms) with it, and one day I hope to have kitchen cabinets in that color. It reminds me of the sea, of a light rain, and of the beautiful gray days of the best month, November. It immediately calms me down, makes me happy, and feels like home.

[​IMG]

9. If you had to live on an uninhabited island for 30 days, what three mundane objects would you bring with you?

I would have to have a big sunhat as I am fair. Don’t want to risk skin cancer! It could also be used as a fan to cool myself off. I would need a solar lantern as I am slightly afraid of the dark. Also, it would be useful for signaling in case I needed rescuing. Toilet paper would be my third and the most important object. I don’t mind digging a hole but I need toilet paper, gosh darn it! I’m a lady owl after all.

[​IMG]

10. Why do you deserve to win?

I have played every challenge to the best of my ability. There were some that were difficult but I stuck with them and was able to always survive my way through. That is what this game is all about: surviving. It really does feel like a reality show that has unforeseen twists and turns every week. There were times that I wasn’t sure I was going to survive and I was prepared for it because I knew that I brought my best work to the table every time. I have tried to be kind and supportive to all the fellow castaways and loved learning from all of them. I am still here after several months so must either be very lucky or worthy to win. My fate is in your hands jury. Regardless of the outcome, I know that both of us deserve to win and that this has been a wonderful experience I will not soon forget!

[​IMG]

Krikket, Not A Robot, TQueen and 3 others like this.
  18. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    not dead

• Contributor
    I have a doctor's appointment and an event tonight so posted early! :)

TQueen, Vanyanka and MerryLou like this.
  19. Vanyanka

Vanyanka
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    Awwww, you did such a great job! I would totally eat you too.

TQueen, Jaded and coffeeowl like this.
  20. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    not dead

• Contributor
    :love::love::love:

TQueen and Vanyanka like this.