Welcome to MTurk Crowd
Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!Sign Up
MTurk Crowd Guidelines
This is a Positive Place for Public Discussion
Please treat our forum with respect. Treat others as you would like to be treated. We are a community resource and place to share our skills, knowledge, and information as well as continue to learn and grow. Treat our forum the same way you would treat a public place in your community.
The guidelines here act as community norms to help keep our forum a helpful and positive place. It’s pretty simple.
• Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech. Don’t post anything sexually explicit or meant for shock value.
• Respect each other. Don’t harass anyone, impersonate other people, or share anyone’s private information or links to their private information, including photos and email addresses.
• Do not share the contents of private messages (PMs) sent using this forum without the explicit permission of all parties involved.
• Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or damage the forum.
• If conversations become heated or controversial, you may be asked by the moderation team to stop the conversation or take it to private messages.
These are not concrete terms or precise definitions. Keep in mind that this is a public forum and search engines index these discussions. Remember that each member acts as a representative of our broader community.
Improve Our Discussions
Help us continue to build and grow our forum by contributing to discussions, adding your own content, and asking well-thought out questions, even if you’re just starting out. Remember to think over what you say. If you’re not ready to post following our guidelines, it’s okay to step away and come back later. In respect of everyone’s time, please spend some time searching and browsing before asking questions.
You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio) or for breaking any other law. Our discussions here are useful and important to us. Be respectful of the conversations and the people discussing them, even if you find yourself disagreeing with others.
Your Participation is Important
The discussions we have on our forum set the culture and tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in conversations that make this forum an interesting and helpful place to be — and avoiding those that do not. Use likes, flags, and replies appropriately. If you find a member you have problems with and you can’t work it out, use the ignore link on their profile page. Using our forum tools will improve your experience.
Our Forum’s Unique Perspective
This is a forum for Workers, Requesters, and those interested in Amazon Mechanical Turk. Because of our specialized focus, we do have some specific things we need to keep in mind when using our forum.
• Keep content of surveys, qualification tests, and known answers in HITs confidential. Read more information about survey content.
• Include context if you share previewandaccept (PANDA) links.
• Don't post scripts that automatically submit HITs.
• Only work if you’re in a sober state of mind. You’re welcome to talk about your favorite intoxicants, but make sure it’s not while you’re working.
• Maintain integrity when working on HITs. Follow Requester instructions and abide by the MTurk Terms of Service.
The Role of Our Moderation Team
Our moderation team is responsible for the forum, but nothing works without the support and participation of our members. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators and keep things running smoothly. It is not our intention to act as janitors or police.
When you see questionable or offensive behavior, don’t reply to it. This encourages the behavior by acknowledging it, it consumes your energy, and it wastes everyone’s time. Just click ‘report’ to flag it. This sends notification to our moderation team to come take a look. Don’t hesitate to contact our moderation team if you have concerns about the forum, but keep these discussions in the Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread or in private messages to keep our Daily Work threads on track.
Moderators reserve the right to move or remove content and close member accounts for any reason, at any time. Moderators do not pre-approve of new posts or content from our community members. The moderators and site operators take no responsibility for content posted by the community.