Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Survivor Season 2 Challenge Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by TQueen, Aug 7, 2016.

1. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    MerryLou's 5/5 Survey Answers ​

1. What was your least favorite challenge and why?

[​IMG]

The challenge was called :knife: :knife: :knife:, but by the end of part one we all wanted to take the :knife: to our own wrists. THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE. Some kind of torturous monotony that no one in their right mind would choose to play. AND THE WINDOWS….. WHY? Show me a carpenter that just fucking swings the glass around wildly and then waits for the perfect moment for it to match in place with the frame? The second half of this challenge was a really fun, strategic, :knife: throwing craziness and I’d do it again and again, but not like this.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. What is your favorite thing about the other contender for the Survivor crown?

[​IMG]

I completely adore coffeeowl.

Not only has she been a fierce competitor, but she’s also just a gosh darn nice person and a little bit sassy to boot. She’s also gorgeous and we share some similar tv/movie interests as well.

But my favorite thing is the same reason why I nominated her for Crowd Pleaser, she’s genuine.

We are all just a bunch of random internet strangers, come together to try and strangle some pennies from the turk machine. Many people come and go, are just here for easy dollars, or have a tendency to be :kryssyy: or rudeskis. coffeeowl has shown myself and others genuine kindness over and over again and I love that about her, because she didn’t have to be that way on the internet, but she is.

3. If you had to eat anyone on the jury, who would it be and why?

Obligatory Jaded would taste the best joke, though my tears of sadness would surely spoil the meal.

Instead I thought I would pick someone I knew less, to prevent the hurt and horror.

SG777, we barely knew ye.

Benetstasch? You left us so soon.

But THEN I thought… I mean, they don’t really deserve that, just for not really playing. Which brought me to the obvious conclusion:

I would eat Randomacts.

I wouldn’t enjoy it, but I would get it done. For us all.

[​IMG]

4. What's your favorite book or movie of all time, and why did it speak to you so much?

[​IMG]

Yep, Braveheart.

This movie came out when I was 9 and also before Mel Gibson got weird. I’m about 60% Scottish and I was right at the age where I was getting really interested in my ancestors and heritage. I know now that it’s full of historical inaccuracies, but at the time this movie SPOKE to me. It really awakened an appreciation of history and inspired a love of historical fiction in me.

I also love it because it stands the test of time. No hokey CGI to make it look dated and beautiful emotions that represent parts of each of us.

5. Tell us something nobody knows about you, some YOU trivia.

[​IMG]
    I think maybe just a few people on MTC know this about me, but I’m a classically trained cellist. Not as cool as that guy in the gif… but almost.

I started in the 4th grade and played all through high school. Since then I’ve done various solo gigs, was part of a trio for a time, and contributed to a few albums for friends and friends of friends. <I thought it would be cool to link something I worked on here but I think that would technically be against the rules.>

I love to play. It’s ingrained in my soul at this point. I’m sorely out of practice since my daughter was born, but next year I’m moving someplace with an actual adult community orchestra and I’m so excited to have a chance to be a part of that again.

6. What would you like to be written on your tombstone?

This one tripped me up for a bit.

I can’t really think of something specific or a great quote that could encapsulate my life. The classic Name and “Beloved Mother and Wife” seems really depressing. But if I really get to choose and be honest then I choose no tombstone.

I’d like to be cremated and my ashes released somewhere with meaning for me. Perhaps my children would leave something at that spot, a stone or piece of jewelry, something symbolic of me. I just really like the idea of my loved ones letting me go once I’m gone and not having this place where they go to mourn me among the dead. I would choose someplace really beautiful so that if/when they did visit they would get to have this gorgeous reminder of our Earth and feel the energy which I would then be a part of, having returned to nature.

[​IMG]

7. Are you going to play again next season?

[​IMG]

Honestly? No.

Would I play again ever? Hell yes.

If I win I don’t think that I can enter the next season. If I lose, well… I’ve been playing Survivor for the better part of this year. I didn’t get as far last season but I was playing to win then as well. To be this close to it is kinda rough. All the work put in.. You really want something to show for it at the end. I think going right back into it after a loss, well, I probably wouldn't compete as hard as I should because I'd be all Survivored out. That’s just not the competitor I want to be.

Plus I would LOVE to be on the other side of it for once. Being able to participate in the votes and different things that involve ‘the Crowd’ would be really fun.

8. What's your favorite color and why?

Purple!

I don’t have like a super symbolic reason for this but here are three things I like about purple:
    1. It’s very regal and royal and well I’m on that kick right now (being Cersei and all…)

2. Violets are the only plant I have managed to keep alive for a reasonable amount of time.

3. When I had my daughter I was so worried everything I would get would be pink, so I made it my mission to get her purple things. If I didn’t love it before, I do now from just seeking it out so much.

9. If you had to live on an uninhabited island for 30 days, what three mundane objects would you bring with you?

[​IMG]
    Ok so I’m assuming that I would already have all the life essentials I need and this is asking about additional random things I would want that can’t be crazy things like a tv or a house.

Pens and Paper: Assuming I’d be my myself, I would love to have this as an outlet to be able to ‘talk’ to someone. Journaling my time there and having a record of it all would be cool. Maybe I would finally write down that novel in my head, too.

Lotion with SPF: I also assume this to be a tropical island and therefore hot and sunny. Obviously I don’t wanna get all sunburned because that would suck. Then I think I would just feel a lot better about the whole ordeal if I was properly moisturized.

30 pieces of chocolate: I would eat one a day and use it like a “Getting off the island advent calendar.” It would be something to look forward to and then it would be good to have some sort of knowledge about how much time I have left there.

Ok, actually this sounds fun now. When can I leave?

10. Why do you deserve to win?

I covered some of my reasoning in the question about if I would play again but.. I’ve been playing this game for a while now. It all feels like one long challenge to me now. Last season, then the team leader challenges, and now this season. I’ve been in this game since the start. I feel like I’ve given it my best. I’ve played with this final moment in my eyesight at every turn.

I’ve also won many of the Challenges this year. I won’t get braggy but I earned those wins. I stayed up late, I went the extra miles, and I agonized over strategies.

And I had to make some not so nice choices. I personally sent two castaways home, NotaRobot and Heeheehahaha. Two people I had nothing against and who both played good games. Last season I didn’t strategize as far as eliminations and it got me sent home. I couldn’t risk that again and so I made what choices benefited me. I think it made me a good player, even if it didn’t feel so good at the time.

All in all, I deserve to win because I've kicked my own ass to get here. I have no regrets about the game I played. Some of it was hard and some of it was painful, but all of it was worth it and a whole lot of fun. All that is left is to try and end this crazy adventure by going out on top.

Thank you for your time reading this and for serving on the jury, and thank you for your consideration.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Krikket, Pleco, Ducky and 4 others like this.
  2. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    Wonderful submission ladies! :cry2:

I've given the Jury until the end of the day tomorrow. Sometime on Saturday I will be crowning this season's Sole Survivor.

[​IMG]

I have a special post in the works for you guys, so keep you eyes peeled.

Just a reminder, not only will you be winning a shiny new "Sole Survivor" banner, but the prize money this season will be for $100 smackers!

Since it is the season for giving, I will have a twist with the monetary prize. You can choose to take as much of the prize money as you would like and donate it to Toys for Tots.

http://www.toysfortots.org/default.aspx

Whatever amount you choose to donate from your prize, I'll be doubling myself. We will do this through private pm. Whatever you chose to keep will be set up in a HIT for you to accept.

Again ladies, fantastic job :tqueen:

#1142 TQueen, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    kryssyy, coffeeowl, Vanyanka and 4 others like this.
  3. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Ice Queen

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Activities Coordinator
    It's time...this season has officially come to an end.

[​IMG]
    I didn't know how I wanted to end this season, so I just decided to be open and tell you all how much this game has meant to me. 2016 has not been a super good year for me. This game has given me something really positive to focus on. You guys let me throw all sorts of creative and insane challenges at you. Every one of you have been eager and are all super special to me. Everyone played and pushed hard and made the hours and hours of work I put into it worth it. The final two Castaways left really truly earned it. I'm glad I didn't have to make this decision, because it would have been impossible for me to pick. You two didn't make it easy on the Jury either ;)

I just wanted to say thank you so so much everyone who participates and plays these games with me. Survivor has become a huge part of my online life, and I'm so glad there are people on here who love it and are as excited about it as I am. @MerryLou@MerryLou and @coffeeowl@coffeeowl, I have come to know both of you very well, and thank you both so much for making my world that much brighter this year.

Without further ado...

Season 2's Sole Survivor is...

:party: @MerryLou@MerryLou :party:

[​IMG]

The votes were so close. It was truly a race down to the last vote last night. You both did exceptionally well, and @coffeeowl@coffeeowl you played an amazing game. :love:

@MerryLou@MerryLou you'll be receiving your Sole Survivor banner. PM me about your sweet cash prize, and what you'd like to do with it. You earned it this season and killed every challenge. :lift:

I'm putting Survivor on hiatus for a couple months. I'll probably do sign ups again around the same time next year, in August.

I will be giving December a vacation, and in January I'm going to host a trivia night. You can sign up on a week to week basis. It'll be on Thursdays at 7 pm pst. We'll meet in an IRC channel, answer some trivia real time, and have small cash prizes every week. Bring the booze, hang out, and maybe win a buck or two.

This will be a fun way to still game with our community without a long term commitment. We'll see how it goes, and maybe it can become a regular thing. We'll start the first week on January. I'll start a thread for it at the end of this month.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :tqueen:

Ducky, Krikket, kryssyy and 3 others like this.
  4. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    aesthete

• Contributor
    Congrats @MerryLou@MerryLou!! I had a blast. Thank you @TQueen@TQueen for always being an amazing hostess and for giving us so much of your time. :love:

JenniLeigh, Krikket, kryssyy and 3 others like this.
  5. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Marshmallow Chick

• Administrator
    GGrats @MerryLou@MerryLou

And thanks @TQueen@TQueen for all the fun can't wait to bug you play again next time.

6. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    :eek::eek: OH MY GOSH

I am so excited and honored to be this season's Sole Survivor.

Thank you to @coffeeowl@coffeeowl for being such and incredible player and person. This win means so much for having competed in the final against such a worthy opponent.

Thank you to @TQueen@TQueen for hosting this wonderfully fun game and I am freaking stoked for trivia nights!

Thank you to the Jury and my previous teammates for their contributions to the game and their support.

Thank you to @Pope Pleco@Pope Pleco for saving my ass in The Button Challenge. I have no doubt that could have been the end of this game for me had it not been for your help.

Thank you to @lil queen trashmouth@lil queen trashmouth for being a Movie Trivia beast, and I hope you join some of the upcoming trivia nights!

I :heart: you all. It has all been so fun and incredibly worthwhile.

Pleco, Barbwire, JenniLeigh and 6 others like this.