Never Ending Chat

Favorite animals:

• Total voters

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
TobyF @TobyF I agree, it sounds like rest is what you need most right now. Glad you're okay, though.
Are y'all only allowed to drink Cheerwine?
What I wouldn't give to have some of that right now, or one of the Cheerwine cakes from the gas stations..

The only way I could forgive NC for having Mr. Pibb instead of Dr. Pepper was because that sweet red nectar existed.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I forgot my credit card so I couldn't buy anything .-.

feel better soon TobyF @TobyF

Reactions: TobyF

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
TobyF @TobyF I agree, it sounds like rest is what you need most right now. Glad you're okay, though.

What I wouldn't give to have some of that right now, or one of the Cheerwine cakes from the gas stations..

The only way I could forgive NC for having Mr. Pibb instead of Dr. Pepper was because that sweet red nectar existed.
Wait, what cheerwine cake? If you're nice I'll send you a cheerwine care package.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
What is cheerwine? I thought all wine was cheer wine.

Reactions: minkyboodle

Li0ness

Ferocity, stubbornness and sass
Reaction score
It's sort of like cherry coke, but not and kind of like cherry pepsi, but not.
It's very, very minimal cola to cherry flavor. I can only drink a little of it at a time, but it tastes like childhood to me.

Also, if anyone is needing a vote for Survivor, I will accept a bottle of Cheerwine, and one of these legendary Cheerwine cakes as a bribe. (Full disclosure: I didn't have the time to campaign this week, so if I'm not sufficiently bribed, I'll be casting my vote at the last minute aimed to cause maximum chaos.)

Last edited:

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Wait, what cheerwine cake? If you're nice I'll send you a cheerwine care package.
Sorry, got lost in the pics from my travels while looking for the pic I took of my snacks for the trip back home..

It was a tasty little crumb cake I got at a gas station in Statesville, NC. I hate that I lived in NC for like a year, and didn't find out that the cakes existed until the day I left. Also, I am totally nice (ask Jaded @Jaded ) and would love you forever if you ever sent me a Cheerwine care package.
What is cheerwine? I thought all wine was cheer wine.
Haha! That was my exact response when I was told about it. It goes wonderfully with all the sweet potato fries out there.
(I didn't know that sweet potato fries were a thing until NC either, but now I'm hooked on them too.)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, got lost in the pics from my travels while looking for the pic I took of my snacks for the trip back home..

It was a tasty little crumb cake I got at a gas station in Statesville, NC. I hate that I lived in NC for like a year, and didn't find out that the cakes existed until the day I left. Also, I am totally nice (ask Jaded @Jaded ) and would love you forever if you ever sent me a Cheerwine care package.

Haha! That was my exact response when I was told about it. It goes wonderfully with all the sweet potato fries out there.
(I didn't know that sweet potato fries were a thing until NC either, but now I'm hooked on them too.)
It's true. minkyboodle @minkyboodle is one of the nicest people here.

Li0ness

Ferocity, stubbornness and sass
Reaction score

Aw, Statesville. I went to Nerd Camp in Davidson for two summers. There was a really good seafood place up by Lake Norman.

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's true. minkyboodle @minkyboodle is one of the nicest people here.

Aw, Statesville. I went to Nerd Camp in Davidson for two summers. There was a really good seafood place up by Lake Norman.
I only got to see it for a moment when the bus pulled in there for a bit to pick up more passengers, but it seems a cute little area. Not sure where Davidson is, though. I lived in Winston-Salem while I was there and never really got to explore outside of there much. Though I explored the crap out of Winston. They thought I was weird for walking everywhere, but you can't walk like that in OKC, and I was excited to be able to trek from end to end. Also, the "bad sections of town" that they warned me about were laughable, after what I've seen here.

Reactions: Jaded