Coloring, Drawing, Painting

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So I know this isn't the typical kind of painting but I'm not really sure where else to ask and I really want to do this.

I recently acquired a cheap particle-board steamer trunk (from the dumpster :D). It's chipboard/particle board (not sure exactly what it's called; it's all kind of splinters of wood machine-pressed together). It's painted black and has some kind of thin lacquer. I want to paint some stencils on it, but I've never sanded anything in my life and I don't want to have to repaint the whole thing. Can I get away with not sanding it and have the paint still be somewhat durable? Also, what kind of paint would work best?

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

I think I finally finished all my half way done ones. I don't like the waterfall. Something is off about it. I tried to fix it by adding halfass shadows but I didn't really know what I was doing so I don't think it worked.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
that's badass! Are those watercolor pencils or did you blend?
Thank you! :D

It's the prismacolor premier pencils blended with a Copic colorless blender marker. For some reason the blue and the purple were really easy to blend and sort of bled everywhere (Which turned out really neat looking I think) The pink just sort of stayed where it was.

Reactions: themildone

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Can't focus on work, writing, or gaming worth shit this week but I sure as hell can focus on coloring >.>

My first copic blender marker already ran out so I just used hand sanitizer again. So not quite as smooth a blend but I still think it looks okay.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Can't focus on work, writing, or gaming worth shit this week but I sure as hell can focus on coloring >.>

My first copic blender marker already ran out so I just used hand sanitizer again. So not quite as smooth a blend but I still think it looks okay.
That looks amazing. I love the sky! I didn't realize you could use hand sanitizer to do that.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
That looks amazing. I love the sky! I didn't realize you could use hand sanitizer to do that.

It's more or less the same ingredients as the blender markers! I don't know exactly how it works, I believe the alcohol in it sort of breaks down the color and lets you move it around. I'm guessing plain alcohol might work too but I didn't have any to try.

Reactions: themildone

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Painted this last week before vacation. It's growing on me. A pencil case for my Prismacolors will eventually be here today. I haven't used them yet but am excited to get them organized.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I recently found Recolor (I feel like I heard about it from someone here, but I don't remember) and it's enjoyable for when I'm not at home/somewhere I can color for real.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I recently found Recolor (I feel like I heard about it from someone here, but I don't remember) and it's enjoyable for when I'm not at home/somewhere I can color for real.
that's what actually got me back into coloring! a friend suggested I try it and it made me want to actually color again