09/30 - Farquhar Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Website Evaluation | PANDA
Requester: Project Endor (Zoltar) [A2ZRMA7YDNF5RJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 2.22 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.71 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.50 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.79 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 38
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: -
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.12
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US
???????????????????????????????
Really Zs? I've been asking you to post later for us west coast peeps, but I didn't mean during Friday Night Happy Hour(s)!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
The word stupor isn't used nearly enough these days.
I know, it's a great word.

Given a post apocalyptic situation, I think I would be willing to break out of my stupor and use the extra booze as payment for the services and goods offered by other folks.

Excellent point, but it would probably turn into murder pretty quick like and I'd rather be drunk when I was murdered.

Reactions: tricker

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to be a bit of a worrier about stuff like this.

Then my kid grew into being a massive worrier. And I had to become Zen Mommy or our house would be in chaos.

I also now drink a lot. It helps. :wine:
I don't know when my anxiety developed, but it sucks. lol In a way, I wish I knew nothing about the Juan De Fuca.

Reactions: tricker and Pleco

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
There was an earthquake once when I lived in west virginia I thought i just had a dizzy spell. It wasn't very exciting.

Reactions: Pleco

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know when my anxiety developed, but it sucks. lol In a way, I wish I knew nothing about the Juan De Fuca.
I don't know what that is, and I'm not going to Google it. If it's bad and my kit sees it he will flip. (and then go play video games and forget...that's his alcohol).

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what that is, and I'm not going to Google it. If it's bad and my kit sees it he will flip. (and then go play video games and forget...that's his alcohol).
tricker @tricker Where do you live? But yes, it's bad, so don't look into it, especially around your kid. They basically expect Portland to be completely leveled when our Big One goes off.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
tricker @tricker Where do you live? But yes, it's bad, so don't look into it, especially around your kid. They basically expect Portland to be completely leveled when our Big One goes off.
I now live in the Central Valley of CA. So I'd be beachfront property!

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There was an earthquake once when I lived in west virginia I thought i just had a dizzy spell. It wasn't very exciting.
There was a strong-ish earthquake once a couple of years ago, I was laying down on the couch when I saw pictures and mirrors starting to sway. I immediately ran to the aquarium to hold it steady so the water wouldn't slosh around and maybe fracture the glass.

I remembered about my family once the earthquake passed. Priorities.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I now live in the Central Valley of CA. So I'd be beachfront property!
Ah, okay. Well, there, you're at least safe from Juan De Fuca. Someday, if you want to read about the expected horrors that will stem from it, it makes for a very excitable read, to say the least. lol

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, okay. Well, there, you're at least safe from Juan De Fuca. Someday, if you want to read about the expected horrors that will stem from it, it makes for a very excitable read, to say the least. lol
Having lived in the SF Bay Area most of my life, I'm pretty sure I know what this is.

However, from what I remember, it was debunked a while ago. So I'm just gunna go with that. I worked in SF for many years, made it through many earthquakes there (and across the bay where I lived cuz it was cheaper).

dammmit. now I'm gunna go google it.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
There was a strong-ish earthquake once a couple of years ago, I was laying down on the couch when I saw pictures and mirrors starting to sway. I immediately ran to the aquarium to hold it steady so the water wouldn't slosh around and maybe fracture the glass.

I remembered about my family once the earthquake passed. Priorities.
who's better equipped to protect themselves? sounds like you had it right.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Having lived in the SF Bay Area most of my life, I'm pretty sure I know what this is.

However, from what I remember, it was debunked a while ago. So I'm just gunna go with that. I worked in SF for many years, made it through many earthquakes there (and across the bay where I lived cuz it was cheaper).

dammmit. now I'm gunna go google it.
Oh, no. The Big One for Juan De Fuca is only a matter of time. lol They didn't even know about it a long time ago.

psminty

Reaction score
Hurricane Matthew needs to go East..not West. Didn't get a generator yet... :shifty:

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I know, it's a great word.

Excellent point, but it would probably turn into murder pretty quick like and I'd rather be drunk when I was murdered.
OK, I've thought about this a great deal. We have have a lot of weapons, and a fair amount of ammunition. The thing that I think is more valuable, given the same post apocalyptic sitch, it all the seeds.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.