09/30 - Farquhar Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, no. The Big One for Juan De Fuca is only a matter of time. lol They didn't even know about it a long time ago.
It wasn't THAT long ago, lol!

So, my dad is actually down in earthquake history. A while ago a quake happened and he is one of the only people who saw the road "tunnel" in front of him, like a groundhog, there is some name for that which had geologists are excited and wanting to talk to him. Dad loves that he can google his name and find that still (it was long before the Internet).

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
It wasn't THAT long ago, lol!

So, my dad is actually down in earthquake history. A while ago a quake happened and he is one of the only people who saw the road "tunnel" in front of him, like a groundhog, there is some name for that which had geologists are excited and wanting to talk to him. Dad loves that he can google his name and find that still (it was long before the Internet).
Haha! I just meant that scientists weren't aware of how serious the Cascadia Subduction Zone was until fairly recently. You should check out those two articles I linked. :D

Reactions: tricker

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It should be red anyway since she's Raphael/Slytherin/War

My shirt is in St. Louis.

Please make it arrive quicker.

Reactions: Kerek

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that will scare anyone living near here! Yikes!
Exactly. Which is why, before I looked at the locations of the recent quakes... I got a little scared. lol They expect three to five minutes of shaking when the Cascadia Zone goes, and if it's huge, as expected... UGH. Honestly, I'll just nope myself into oblivion over here...

Status
Not open for further replies.