02/09 - Tales of Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kind of nervous about some results I got, so I feel pretty scattered right now. But SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff was nice enough to reach out and message me.
Oh I'm sorry! I hope everything is ok. I can relate. And sorry I am being too flippant tonight. I need to stop. I don't think I've ever said flippant before.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Buzzfeed actually has a surprisingly decent investigative reporting division behind the fluff. More accurately, the use all the bullshit fluff you'd normally associate with Buzzfeed to fund their serious journalism.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bigstories
Yeah... they do have a pretty good investigative division, but it isn't serious journalism because they fail at the most important aspect of journalism... the unbiased presentation of what has been investigated.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry! I hope everything is ok. I can relate. And sorry I am being too flippant tonight. I need to stop. I don't think I've ever said flippant before.
No, don't worry about it at all! I could see the humor. :) And SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff helped ease some of my fears, I just need to definitely go over some stuff with my gyno. I wouldn't mind if anyone felt like throwing some good vibes my way.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah... they do have a pretty good investigative division, but it isn't serious journalism because they fail at the most important aspect of journalism... the unbiased presentation of what has been investigated.
Does anyone actually present an unbiased story anymore? The cynical part of me wonders if they ever did, or we just look at past journalism with rose colored glasses.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if anyone felt like throwing some good vibes my way.
Well, Never done this before but, I'm going to think about good things for you for 2 whole minutes, to myself. I don't know if it'll help but, I'm willing to give it a shot:) I also hope that everything goes okay when you talk to the people that you need to talk to. Good wishes!:glomp:
If you need to vent, I'm here for you.:D

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Banana bread in the oven. Can't. Wait.

Now I need a good recipe to use up a bunch of carrots. Oh and butternut squash. My kitchen runneth over with produce.
Carrot cake!

Reactions: Kerek and tricker

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, Never done this before but, I'm going to think about good things for you for 2 whole minutes, to myself. I don't know if it'll help but, I'm willing to give it a shot:) I also hope that everything goes okay when you talk to the people that you need to talk to. Good wishes!:glomp:
If you need to vent, I'm here for you.:D
Thank you. I'm probably just being paranoid right now, but good thoughts never hurt. :)

Reactions: Jerami

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone actually present an unbiased story anymore? The cynical part of me wonders if they ever did, or we just look at past journalism with rose colored glasses.
Very few sources these days. American journalism is a failed profession. Unfortunately that's the trend. Instead of presenting information for people to process and draw their own conclusions... they instead file into their preferred echo chamber to be told what to think.
I think that's why you see so many people on the internet with such extreme sets of belief... I think they immerse themselves fully into these echo chambers about the topics they are most interested in without exposing themselves to dissenting points of view or alternative stances until their perception of reality becomes entirely warped. Tumblr feminists and the red pill gang are two groups that spring to mind readily.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Good idea!

Or carrot muffins. I need some baked goods I can freeze for a little bit and reheat over the next month or so.
Squash pie! Like pumpkin only, different.:)mmm

Reactions: tricker

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Very few sources these days. American journalism is a failed profession. Unfortunately that's the trend. Instead of presenting information for people to process and draw their own conclusions... they instead file into their preferred echo chamber to be told what to think.
I think that's why you see so many people on the internet with such extreme sets of belief... I think they immerse themselves fully into these echo chambers about the topics they are most interested in without exposing themselves to dissenting points of view or alternative stances until their perception of reality becomes entirely warped. Tumblr feminists and the red pill gang are two groups that spring to mind readily.
I also find that people are more and more unwilling to even entertain an opposing viewpoint ... as if there is only one valid opinion to be held. The days of debates, discussion and learning don't feel as robust as they once did in a general sense.

Reactions: TotalBabe and Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.