02/09 - Tales of Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I started taking the Autism spectrum survey before realizing you were supposed to be diagnosed with it to take it.
Should I worry that I related to way to much of what was asked?
:tinfoil:
No. More people than you would think fall on the spectrum somewhere. And, most everyone will present with at least a few of the "symptoms" or characteristics. Plus, Autistic people are pretty cool. So, you shouldn't worry at all. You're in good company.:)

Reactions: T. Leela and Blue

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $63.40
I don't know if Sergey is going to post again but I'm tired. See you all tomorrow. :)

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
No. More people than you would think, fall on the spectrum somewhere. And, most everyone will present with at least a few of the "symptoms" or characteristics. Plus, Autistic people are pretty cool. So, you shouldn't worry at all. You're in good company.:)
Most everyone presents with characteristics of every mental disorder that has been defined. That's one of the reasons it's dangerous and silly to self diagnose based on internet articles instead of seeking a professional. I'm looking at you faux legion of trypophobes and internet ocd.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Most everyone presents with characteristics of every mental disorder that has been defined. That's one of the reasons it's dangerous and silly to self diagnose based on internet articles instead of seeking a professional. I'm looking at you faux legion of trypophobes and internet ocd.
I admit that I can get pretty irritated sometimes when people joke about having OCD because of their little quirks.

Edited for typo.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that the Buzzfeed quiz I took lied to me when it said that I was a giant fireball breathing turtle?

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that the Buzzfeed quiz I took lied to me when it said that I was a giant fireball breathing turtle?
Pretty much everything you have ever read on buzzfeed was hyperbolic bullshit.

Reactions: Kerek and Jerami

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Tfw all the jokes you ever wrote don't even matter anymore because somewhere along the way you became a one-trick pony and you don't have enough courage to change that.

Embrace your niche!

Reactions: Pleco

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Workplace Fun Social Conversations (~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Hannah Leverson [A35EC3BSGZC3ZV] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.67] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Read about a workplace interaction, and say what you think about it! It's fun and simple!
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [1590197104-33141] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 83; Location is one of: US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.5.0

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That's what I was saying.:) If you read long enough, you'll have everything. Plus, if you do have some sort of mental disability, you'll be doing your research from a skewed perspective anyway. That's "crazy.":p
I admit that I can get pretty irritated sometimes when people joke about having OCD because of their little quirks.

Edited for typo.
I get the same way, lol.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
But where will all the armchair psychiatrists go now?

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Buzzfeed actually has a surprisingly decent investigative reporting division behind the fluff. More accurately, the use all the bullshit fluff you'd normally associate with Buzzfeed to fund their serious journalism.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bigstories

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Disregarding it's definition, I love the word "Hyperbolic."

Reactions: Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.