Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Mturk Suite Thread

Discussion in 'Userscripts, Extensions, and Software' started by Kadauchi, Jan 25, 2017.

1. xqyzt

xqyzt
    Expand Collapse

Kind of a soft question, I guess, but is there an optimal or maximum number of watchers to add in Hit Catcher? It seems to get "clogged" when I have too many watchers and I end up not catching as much if I had fewer. However, I don't really know what a good optimal number for speed and quantity would be. Looking for some input on those who have more experience.

2. TSolo315

TSolo315
    Expand Collapse
    SnapNCrackle

You get around a maximum of 2 requests to MTurk a second. All of your scripts share a common pool of these requests -- so HC, HF, PC, HS, whatever else you use all share the same pool (along with whatever you are doing manually, clicking HITs, returning HIT, refreshing a page, etc.) If you go over the limit, the request will result in a PRE, or "Page Request Error," -- this is probably what you mean by "clogged." Watchers/pandas make requests repeatedly based on what you have the timer set to. So if the timer is set to 2, it will make a request every two seconds (HC does stagger requests so this isn't entirely true, but it's good enough to make a judgement with.) Your goal should be to have few enough watchers with long enough timers not to be triggering PREs very often. HC has a PRE counter so it is easy to tell when they are getting triggered.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    xqyzt likes this.
  3. Wgeo

Wgeo
    Expand Collapse

Question about the new update - I don't have an account with TV in order to get an API - can I continue to use MTS without signing up with TV? I see that I can sign up and get a free month, but I already know I won't be paying a monthly fee and I'd rather not add another account unnecessarily. Thanks

4. Kadauchi

Kadauchi
    Expand Collapse

• Crowd Pleaser
    • Master Pleaser
    Yep, you should be able to just disable TV in the options and continue on like nothing else has happened.

Wgeo likes this.
  5. nmelssx

nmelssx
    Expand Collapse

The new TV, TO1, TO2 thingy aren't working in HITs Completed.

6. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk
    Expand Collapse

You mean like on this page? https://worker.mturk.com/status_details/2019-02-01

I wasn't aware they used to be there, if they aren't there anymore that's my fault, I'll get them added back. It looks like fixing one bug (MTS would add 2x requester icons to some smaller viewports) killed them from there.. Fix one, create another haha.

Just let me know if I'm understanding it right so I can make sure I'm correcting the right thing :)

7. nmelssx

nmelssx
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. They used to be there as well.