Mturk Suite Thread

xqyzt

Reaction score
Kind of a soft question, I guess, but is there an optimal or maximum number of watchers to add in Hit Catcher? It seems to get "clogged" when I have too many watchers and I end up not catching as much if I had fewer. However, I don't really know what a good optimal number for speed and quantity would be. Looking for some input on those who have more experience.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Kind of a soft question, I guess, but is there an optimal or maximum number of watchers to add in Hit Catcher? It seems to get "clogged" when I have too many watchers and I end up not catching as much if I had fewer. However, I don't really know what a good optimal number for speed and quantity would be. Looking for some input on those who have more experience.
You get around a maximum of 2 requests to MTurk a second. All of your scripts share a common pool of these requests -- so HC, HF, PC, HS, whatever else you use all share the same pool (along with whatever you are doing manually, clicking HITs, returning HIT, refreshing a page, etc.) If you go over the limit, the request will result in a PRE, or "Page Request Error," -- this is probably what you mean by "clogged." Watchers/pandas make requests repeatedly based on what you have the timer set to. So if the timer is set to 2, it will make a request every two seconds (HC does stagger requests so this isn't entirely true, but it's good enough to make a judgement with.) Your goal should be to have few enough watchers with long enough timers not to be triggering PREs very often. HC has a PRE counter so it is easy to tell when they are getting triggered.

Reactions: xqyzt

Wgeo

Reaction score
Question about the new update - I don't have an account with TV in order to get an API - can I continue to use MTS without signing up with TV? I see that I can sign up and get a free month, but I already know I won't be paying a monthly fee and I'd rather not add another account unnecessarily. Thanks

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yep, you should be able to just disable TV in the options and continue on like nothing else has happened.

Reactions: Wgeo

nmelssx

Reaction score
The new TV, TO1, TO2 thingy aren't working in HITs Completed.

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
The new TV, TO1, TO2 thingy aren't working in HITs Completed.
You mean like on this page? https://worker.mturk.com/status_details/2019-02-01

I wasn't aware they used to be there, if they aren't there anymore that's my fault, I'll get them added back. It looks like fixing one bug (MTS would add 2x requester icons to some smaller viewports) killed them from there.. Fix one, create another haha.

Just let me know if I'm understanding it right so I can make sure I'm correcting the right thing :)

nmelssx

Reaction score
You mean like on this page? https://worker.mturk.com/status_details/2019-02-01

I wasn't aware they used to be there, if they aren't there anymore that's my fault, I'll get them added back. It looks like fixing one bug (MTS would add 2x requester icons to some smaller viewports) killed them from there.. Fix one, create another haha.

Just let me know if I'm understanding it right so I can make sure I'm correcting the right thing :)
Yeah. They used to be there as well.

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
Is there a crash course for dummies for MTS? I just downloaded it today and I have no clue what I'm doing. I feel like I'm not finding as much as if I were just on the site.

Reactions: scrmcasey

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Is there a crash course for dummies for MTS? I just downloaded it today and I have no clue what I'm doing. I feel like I'm not finding as much as if I were just on the site.
Try going to this site - it has sections on the right that you might be able to get further insight. It may be slightly outdated, I'm not sure. MTS has a lot of awesome features so this will give you a place to start.

https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite/wiki

SandraL

Reaction score
Can anyone help with this? I haven't used MTS in several months and I just reinstalled it. I used to get little popups in the bottom right-hand corner of my screen from the HIT catcher, but now I'm not getting them and I'm missing HITs constantly. How do I enable those popups? Thanks!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Can anyone help with this? I haven't used MTS in several months and I just reinstalled it. I used to get little popups in the bottom right-hand corner of my screen from the HIT catcher, but now I'm not getting them and I'm missing HITs constantly. How do I enable those popups? Thanks!
I'm not sure if Hit Catcher displays the pop up or not, I couldn't find a setting for it when I was playing around with it just now.

Panda Crazy gives you the notifications though. You would click on Options, General, and then make sure Disable Desktop Notifications is set to false.

Reactions: SandraL

Laser

Reaction score
Is there some way to default Hit Catcher to be launched with all the HITs i am watching selected to "Catch"?

Its a pain to have to keep enabling each of them one at a time at startup or when I have to refresh the page because it has become too slow.

Also, what does "Pre:"mean in each catcher box?

Thank you

Last edited:

mak1skav

Reaction score
I am not sure about the 1st quetion but "Pre:" Page read errors.

mak1skav

Reaction score
I have MTS installed in Chrome and today I got a message that MTS is updated. Looks like it is working but I have a couple of things that bother me.

When I load the Dashboard page I get a message about "Update HIT Tracker" but when I click the button next to it that says "Update HIT Tracker" when I try to refresh the page I get the same message again.

Also in the previous version there was a "Total earnings" option at the top that I could click on it an trace my earnings but now I don't see that feature any more. Is there a way to enable it again?

Reaction score
Umm is it just me or no? When I click on hits in the daily thread, usually I can panda them in HTC. Today it's not coming up with the buttons

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
I could very well be blind, but I'm not seeing a way to save HIT Finder settings. Every restart I have to set minimum amount, reward, page size, etc. Has anyone figured out how to save the settings?

Strappy

Reaction score
Is Panda Crazy still a thing? I'm trying to find the Panda Crazy to use with Hit Forker, but I can only find Jr Mturk Panda Crazy which says "This script is no longer supported." Here is the link I found

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy

Does anyone know where to find the working Panda Crazy script? I appreciate the help! I've always used MTS, but the print is too small now and it's not on their list of fixes so I'm looking for other options. Thanks!

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
3.2.1 is pending review in the Chrome store as of this post.

I have MTS installed in Chrome and today I got a message that MTS is updated. Looks like it is working but I have a couple of things that bother me.

When I load the Dashboard page I get a message about "Update HIT Tracker" but when I click the button next to it that says "Update HIT Tracker" when I try to refresh the page I get the same message again.

Also in the previous version there was a "Total earnings" option at the top that I could click on it an trace my earnings but now I don't see that feature any more. Is there a way to enable it again?
Update HIT Tracker has been fixed in 3.2.1

MTS now updates the daily goal bars up top instead of creating the numbers next to the worker id. This is going through some usability testing to see what direction this is going (changing the goal bar styles or w/e).

You would have to just manually open HIT Tracker instead of clicking that link. I'll come up with something for this in a near update.

Umm is it just me or no? When I click on hits in the daily thread, usually I can panda them in HTC. Today it's not coming up with the buttons
Fixed in 3.2.1

i just want my darkly theme back
Coming back in a future update.

I could very well be blind, but I'm not seeing a way to save HIT Finder settings. Every restart I have to set minimum amount, reward, page size, etc. Has anyone figured out how to save the settings?
How are you opening HIT Finder? If you created a bookmark be sure to save the bookmark after you change the settings. The settings are save in the URL, so if you have a plain link to HIT Finder it will use the default settings.

Is Panda Crazy still a thing? I'm trying to find the Panda Crazy to use with Hit Forker, but I can only find Jr Mturk Panda Crazy which says "This script is no longer supported." Here is the link I found

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy

Does anyone know where to find the working Panda Crazy script? I appreciate the help! I've always used MTS, but the print is too small now and it's not on their list of fixes so I'm looking for other options. Thanks!
That script should still be usable, its just not being updated anymore because he made it an extension. I'm not sure if it will work with HIT Forker.

Font size is not on the list (the reddit list I'm guessing) but its on my internal list. This should make it in 3.2.2.