Mturk Suite Thread

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm running HIT Notifier in a Chrome tab, but not the "front" or "active" tab (and I know I'm not using the correct terminology here). Went to that tab and it dinged about thirty times with HITs that it had already logged (and which I obviously missed). So what's going on?

After 1.5 hours PE = 0

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The Firefox version, every time I restart the browser Suite disappear (no button or way to add button) until I reinstall. Tested it with a clean profile too
Firefox version is the red headed stepchild since I do ALL my testing in Chrome. I'll look into it, thanks for reporting.
Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Can we also add Requester ID to HC to catch HITs? Currently it just says to add:

Thanks!

Nytmair @Nytmair
There is not and here is why. I personally don't believe this should have ever been released on PC (or anything for that matter). But now it is already out there so who knows, I'll probably cave eventually. If/when I add it there won't be any setting change since I can just detect if its a rid or gid.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm running HIT Notifier in a Chrome tab, but not the "front" or "active" tab (and I know I'm not using the correct terminology here). Went to that tab and it dinged about thirty times with HITs that it had already logged (and which I obviously missed). So what's going on?

After 1.5 hours PE = 0
Its because it isn't in a front tab so the browser suspends stuff and then fires it all when you go back and activate that tab. Just keep it in its own window (doesn't have to be visible so you can hide it behind other windows).

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Firefox version is the red headed stepchild since I do ALL my testing in Chrome. I'll look into it, thanks for reporting.

There is not and here is why. I personally don't believe this should have ever been released on PC (or anything for that matter). But now it is already out there so who knows, I'll probably cave eventually. If/when I add it there won't be any setting change since I can just detect if its a rid or gid.
Thanks, I had a feeling that we couldn't search that way. I appreciate the explanation. :)

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks, I had a feeling that we couldn't search that way. I appreciate the explanation. :)
Np. I'll more than likely add it since its already in PC and I don't want my ideology to hold back MTS but 100% would never have released such a thing first.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score

After 1.5 hours PE = 0
Chris--
I used to run Hit Notifier, but it doesn't do a better job than any of the panda programs. The hits are too random, and MTForum isn't on the list.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris--
I used to run Hit Notifier, but it doesn't do a better job than any of the panda programs. The hits are too random, and MTForum isn't on the list.
My experience has been a bit different. There are times when I have no luck with PC but can still catch HITs from Notifier (and I can use all the help I can get). I will admit, however, that I'm not adept (yet) with the likes of MTS HIT Catcher. Not familiar with MTForum. Thanks for the input, and I figured out my "problem" with Notifier.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Notifier lists hits posted at several forums, but it skips MTForum, so you're not getting the whole list.

You don't have to do much in HitCatcher, Finder does most of it. If you don't get the 2 orange panda boxes on top, right-click the hit name, and navigate down to "MTSuite-Panda" or "once."

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Not letting me edit.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I keep picturing you as George Marshall.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Why is there no "edit" button on this forum?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Why is there no "edit" button on this forum?
Look just under where the signatures are, to the left of the report and bookmark button.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
testing

got it, under tools. Thanx

Reactions: Kadauchi

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi Is there a way to reset Tracker?
I guess I need to add a delete database button. Yes and it is kinda complicated but also not.
  1. Open HIT Tracker
  2. Press F12
  3. On the menu that popped up, navigate to the "Application" tab
  4. On the left side, expand "IndexedDB"
  5. Select "hitTrackerDB"
  6. On the right, click "Delete database"
  7. After you delete the database, turn MTS off then on

D

Deleted member 481

Maybe, idk just a though, down the road, HF could have an option to have the same look as it used to? The text was so much easier to read. Loved that design, miss it. If not, maybe the entire row of a hit could be color coded into green, yellow, red to make it easier to determine the to score?

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
I switched over to MTS from TM + PC this afternoon. Do Like.

It might be a dumb question, but do the new HITs that pop up (with the beep) always appear at the top of the Found HITs list in HIT Finder?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Yes, but if someone grabs them quickly, they move to the top of "Logged Hits." And there's ALWAYS someone out there with a faster internet connection than you and me. I get about 1/2 my work by panda'ing hits that have been grabbed and then thrown back into the pool.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi I was wondering about something.
The TO
when you hover and click into the TO2, it opens a fresh review, as expected.

by contrast, when you use the [official] TO2 script, it will prefill in some of the data for you - hit title, incentive amount are both filled in for you. This results in being able to leave a TO2 report quickly, by merely filling in the time it took you to complete it.

is there anyway to add this ability to the mts version of TO2/add review?