12/21 - Fantastic Voyage Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
IP addresses aren't really "tied" to a computer. Often if you just unplug your modem for a few hours they get reset. That's a really weird threat coming from what I guess was your IP, who should know that shit.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 15-16 minute survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Cocolab at Princeton [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
We're interested in your judgment
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 42
Reward: $2.15
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US; AM R DoesNotExist ;

Reactions: Starslip

keladry2009

Reaction score
IP addresses aren't really "tied" to a computer. Often if you just unplug your modem for a few hours they get reset. That's a really weird threat coming from what I guess was your IP, who should know that shit.
well im sure it was just a scare tactic, that TOTALLY worked, and i was ferociously googling and didn't find much help in weather or not the threats were valid... but good to know for when i get actual internet! :D

Reactions: esprit-hyperdoux

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
well im sure it was just a scare tactic, that TOTALLY worked, and i was ferociously googling and didn't find much help in weather or not the threats were valid... but good to know for when i get actual internet! :D
That being said they can totally tell if someone from your network is torrenting, they just won't be able to tie it to a single computer.

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
That being said they can totally tell if someone from your network is torrenting, they just won't be able to tie it to a single computer.
If it's Verizon's HotSpot, it might be possible for them to see which computer is connected by MAC address. The threat might have been empty, but who knows what data they collect from their devices.

Reactions: Starslip
Status
Not open for further replies.