12/21 - Fantastic Voyage Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
those implausible stories got complicated

I took a literature class in college (English was my minor). There was a woman who argued with someone else in the class about whether or not Jewel's book of poetry, "A Night Without Armor," was one of the best books of poetry written. Apparently, she thought it was a pretty profound collection of poetry.

After that incident, I was under the impression that this woman was very stupid.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I took a literature class in college (English was my minor). There was a woman who argued with someone else in the class about whether or not Jewel's book of poetry, "A Night Without Armor" was one of the best books of poetry written. Apparently, she thought it was a pretty profound collection of poetry.

After that incident, I was under the impression that this woman was very stupid.
God I would love to fix her teeth.

Reactions: TotalBabe and cb456

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
I took a literature class in college (English was my minor). There was a woman who argued with someone else in the class about whether or not Jewel's book of poetry, "A Night Without Armor" was one of the best books of poetry written. Apparently, she thought it was a pretty profound collection of poetry.

after reading this I had to investigate, and after reading one page of the kindle preview, I would have to agree with you...that was some straight up cheesy dollar store romance novel stuff right there.

Reactions: cb456 and TotalBabe

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score

I hear you there. Have you actually read that book? I own it. And my bachelor's is in English Writing, with an emphasis in Poetry (look forward to grammar and spelling mistakes....)

I was surprised at how good Jewel's writing is. And I saw her in concert, with Tracy Chapman, Indigo Girls, and Sarah McLachlan during Lilith Fair, the first year, in Oregon. I have an old newsgroup friend who does IT (they're an Apple shop) for Nettwerk (sp?) label music (Sarah's label), so I have every Sarah CD made...

Jewel's affect really bugs me, and she has a few decent songs. Although - that book... it's pretty damn good. I actually have a few lines she's written memorized, from that book.

As a poet - it's really difficult to make a living at it. Usually, like Angela Walker, or Jewel - they get poetry books published, if indulged.

What are your faves?

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody else use Turkernator here that can't log in after update?

keladry2009

Reaction score
:wave2:

I'm just here eatin' some christmas cookies
my family and i made christmas cookies and i threw away the last few because i decided it was a good idea to cut sugar out cold turkey and i regret it >_< sugar withdrawls are real
vote again? https://allauthor.com/cover-of-the-month/3197/

If I get 30 someodd votes I'll make it into round three which would be neat.

edit: something something htis mturk
i read some of the preview! i really like your writing style!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sondi and Jaded

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey (9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: staguchi [AI5WNQF9CZZN0] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 9:00
Available: 1
Description: Please read the scenario and answer the following questions.
Qualifications: Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3:09 min | $19.05/hr[/td][/tr]

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I hear you there. Have you actually read that book? I own it. And my bachelor's is in English Writing, with an emphasis in Poetry (look forward to grammar and spelling mistakes....)

I was surprised at how good Jewel's writing is. And I saw her in concert, with Tracy Chapman, Indigo Girls, and Sarah McLachlan during Lilith Fair, the first year, in Oregon. I have an old newsgroup friend who does IT (they're an Apple shop) for Nettwerk (sp?) label music (Sarah's label), so I have every Sarah CD made...

Jewel's affect really bugs me, and she has a few decent songs. Although - that book... it's pretty damn good. I actually have a few lines she's written memorized, from that book.

As a poet - it's really difficult to make a living at it. Usually, like Angela Walker, or Jewel - they get poetry books published, if indulged.

What are your faves?
I think I read a couple of her poems after the incident in that class and couldn't stomach more than that.

It's difficult for me to pick a favorite poet. If I really think about it, I don't think anyone could top Shakespeare's sonnets (just my opinion, of course). I do like Elizabeth Barrett Browning, William Blake, and Robert Frost as well. I'm sure there are many others that are not popping into my head at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: cb456

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Social Conversation | Accept
Requester: Social Chat [A2B53MDQ38S5NH] Contact
TO: [Pay=1.50] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=2.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 30
Description: Chat with another person. (I:eek: dataset_collection_1545443441)
Qualifications: Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
THEY HAVE CHANGED THE RULES OF SUBMISSION FOR DISCONNECTION DURING A CHAT! NOW THE LITTLE BOX SAYS YOU MUST HAVE GONE 7 ROUNDS TO SUBMIT OR SPENT 25 MINUTES BETWEEN WAITING AND DOING OR RISK AUTOMATIC REJECTION.[/td][/tr]

Last edited:

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey (less than 5') about eco-friendly behavior change in hospitality. | Accept
Requester: Do The Khoa [A3FPETQ9UA5BHI] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Give your rating on several statements based on a hypothetical situation.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1:29 min | $12.13/hr[/td][/tr]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
What specifically is the issue? I put this up super recently so I don't expect anyone to have seen it yet.

https://turkernator.netlify.com/early-access
I was using it all evening, then got message to update. After I did that, it prompted to imput password and email. Did that, and now it says "There is no user record corresponding to this identifier. The user may have been deleted."

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was using it all evening, then got message to update. After I did that, it prompted to imput password and email. Did that, and now it says "There is no user record corresponding to this identifier. The user may have been deleted."
You should be able to untick the "have an account" checkbox and then sign up to continue. You'd be creating an account for Turkernator (so not your mturk login or paypal). There's a video in that link earlier that quickly shows how to go through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.