12/20 - Thriller Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmolAliens

Reaction score
It is common, and even guaranteed, in most of the rest of the world.

Time to play catch-up America. We're behind again.:(
Man, that's depressing. My employer offers paid days off but since we aren't closed on any of the holidays, they incentivize us to come in by paying the holiday pay on top of your hourly wage. And since this industry is notorious for bad wages, we all fall for it.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
We're basically the worst. lol. I'm just surprised by the casual acceptance of it by the citizens of the US. With the job market the way it is(businesses having to close due to lack of employees/more jobs than people) now would be the time when employees have as much control as they ever will.
I don't accept it. I get very angry, all the time. But I'm too poor to fight it

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Man, that's depressing. My employer offers paid days off but since we aren't closed on any of the holidays, they incentivize us to come in by paying the holiday pay on top of your hourly wage. And since this industry is notorious for bad wages, we all fall for it.
I would 110% work every single holiday if they allowed me double pay. My park rangers get to.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I used to work at an assisted living place that was so expensive they didn't accept insurance. It was pretty ritzy. But I didn't get a raise the whole year I was there despite excellent reviews, no paid days off, and you couldn't start earning UTO until you'd been there for a year.

Kliq

Reaction score
Title: Decision-making study(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Economic Decision-Making [A2TT91ICGAXWF7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$28.20] [Pay=4.74] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.60] [Fast=4.57] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.48] [Pen=0.79 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 45:00
Available: 20
Description: Participate in a study on decision-making
Qualifications: Exc: [-315100363-121040] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Some pretty good bonus opps here

SmolAliens

Reaction score
I used to work at an assisted living place that was so expensive they didn't accept insurance. It was pretty ritzy. But I didn't get a raise the whole year I was there despite excellent reviews, no paid days off, and you couldn't start earning UTO until you'd been there for a year.
My company is massive, we are a subsidiary, but we're one of the top-performing divisions, so the company is investing major $$$ into us...but we only decided to raise starting wages next year because our main competitor (who are unionized) did it. Even the $15 an hour people have been fighting for is a subsistence wage here in Orlando thanks to our ridiculously crappy housing market, which is worse than most other major cities since half the 'housing' is literally just service employees living in motels.

Check out 'The Florida Project' if you haven't already, it's dramatized but it's honestly a super accurate portrayal of life out here lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What a joke. (I'm sorry)That mentality lacks any semblance of forethought. I bet their turn-over rate is way up there. How would you expect the face of your company, the ambassadors that interact with your clients, to be polite and keep smiling when faced with the reality of the situation in which they find themselves? It's such a complete shock when you go to places where the staff don't have to be ordered to smile. Like the difference between Dunkin' and your favourite local coffee shop.

Last edited:

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Shittiest job I ever had was working as an inspector in a facility that made aerospace parts for the space shuttle program. I was certified to run over 80 different machines, audit the equipment, and inspect every part made. Had classified clearance from the US government and was paid $8.50 an hour with no vacation time and medical insurance that had a $10,000 year deductible. This was from 2004 to 2008.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What a joke. (I'm sorry)That mentality lacks any semblance of forethought. I bet their turn-over rate is way up there. How would you expect the face of your company, the ambassadors that interact with your clients, to be polite and keep smiling when faced with the reality of the situation they find themselves in? It's such a complete shock when you go to places where the staff don't have to be ordered to smile. Like the difference between Dunkin' and your favourite local coffee shop.
oh definitely a high turn-over. Most people lasted 2-3 months, mainly because management would demand they start doing things they literally weren't certified to do (like cleaning human waste). They'd only do that with the new people though because the people who had been there a while knew they legally did not have to do it. It was disgusting. A lot of the residents knew what was going on, and even though we weren't supposed to accept gifts they'd give gift cards at holidays and you're damn straight we took them. lol.

TabethaC

Reaction score
Morning all! Excited because the game I play, Bee Swarm Simulator, had a small Christmas update this morning. Really want to play it now but forcing myself to get some work done first. Also excited because tonight is the 2-episode finale for my favorite show, Timeless.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning all! Excited because the game I play, Bee Swarm Simulator, had a small Christmas update this morning. Really want to play it now but forcing myself to get some work done first. Also excited because tonight is the 2-episode finale for my favorite show, Timeless.
Bee Swarm Simulator looks like adorable and silly fun

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I found a Candy Cane on Shattered Pixel Dungeon this morning. Never seen it before but, haven't updated either. Guessing it may be date based? Someone hit a pole down the road from my house so, I had no power. That's the only time I play games on my phone.:D

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I found a Candy Cane on Shattered Pixel Dungeon this morning. Never seen it before but, haven't updated either. Guessing it may be date based? Someone hit a pole down the road from my house so, I had no power. That's the only time I play games on my phone.:D
:o it's a phone game?

Reactions: Jerami

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
you keep talking about it and now I want to try it. lol. Don't you have to pay for roblox though?

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
google chrome wasn't doing this auto translate for me last night. Using a completely separate translator would make it take way longer than worthwhile.
As you land on websites in different languages a pop up will ask you if you want to translate the website. Click yes, and then it should ask if you always want to translate “German” or whichever language. If it doesn’t I think you can reload the website and it should trigger the prompt again.

Status
Not open for further replies.