12/20 - Thriller Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Hotel rooms are pretty easy, Google Chrome is auto-translating the websites for me.

Are y'all counting standard hotel rooms as 1-bed or studios?
I was wondering how yall were doing the translations. I tried doing them last night but I was so tired I threw three back because I couldn't figure them out. The hit seems different than the qual test to me and I'm frustrated.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was wondering how yall were doing the translations. I tried doing them last night but I was so tired I threw three back because I couldn't figure them out. The hit seems different than the qual test to me and I'm frustrated.
I was also afraid, but I just did 2 of them and they're not all that bad.

Google translates automatically and also Babelfish is a thing I Think?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I was also afraid, but I just did 2 of them and they're not all that bad.

Google translates automatically and also Babelfish is a thing I Think?
google chrome wasn't doing this auto translate for me last night. Using a completely separate translator would make it take way longer than worthwhile.

Reactions: Despairagus

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
For anyone using Prolific(cashout info)...
"Over the holiday period we will run payments on 21st December, 28th December & 2nd January." :(

SmolAliens

Reaction score
I think it's a studio if there are things other than a bed in them?
Well, guess we'll see if they approve the few I did, and I'll wait to do any new ones lol. My thought was that if a standard hotel room only has a couple of chairs/small table in it, it's not technically a 'living area', so the whole room is still a bedroom. That's how the rooms are classified at the hotels near my workplace.

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
google chrome wasn't doing this auto translate for me last night. Using a completely separate translator would make it take way longer than worthwhile.
If you right click on the browser, there should be a translate option towards the middle bottom

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
For anyone using Prolific(cashout info)...
"Over the holiday period we will run payments on 21st December, 28th December & 2nd January." :(
yeah, I saw they posted the same info on their social media pages a couple of days ago. Sucks a bit if we need support but it's because they are giving all their employees a couple weeks off for the holidays - which is a pretty bad ass thing to do for your employees.

SmolAliens

Reaction score
yeah, I saw they posted the same info on their social media pages a couple of days ago. Sucks a bit if we need support but it's because they are giving all their employees a couple weeks off for the holidays - which is a pretty bad ass thing to do for your employees.
Yeah, this seems super common in Europe (I work with a lot of vendors out there at my desk job), and I am thoroughly jealous. Meanwhile, I'm working Mon/Tues because I need that sweet, sweet holiday pay xD

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Decision-making study(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Economic Decision-Making [A2TT91ICGAXWF7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$28.20] [Pay=4.74] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.60] [Fast=4.57] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.48] [Pen=0.79 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 45:00
Available: 20
Description: Participate in a study on decision-making
Qualifications: Exc: [-315100363-121040] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Meh, I'm not too worried. Think I've needed to contact them once in the entire time I've used Prolific. Time off is important. Work/life balance is something that other countries value more than we do. It shows in the performance and loyalty of their employees.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I literally hate these hotel hits. Taking me almost 3+ minutes per hit
def filler hits. Which is fine since it's not a hugely massive batch. I'd be sad if they were really great ones with how small the batch is lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, this seems super common in Europe (I work with a lot of vendors out there at my desk job), and I am thoroughly jealous. xD
It is common, and even guaranteed, in most of the rest of the world.

Time to play catch-up America. We're behind again.:(

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
wow. I knew we were behind, didn't realize it was that bad.
We're basically the worst. lol. I'm just surprised by the casual acceptance of it by the citizens of the US. With the job market the way it is(businesses having to close due to lack of employees/more jobs than people) now would be the time when employees have as much control as they ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.