11/24 - Selling Saturday!

Do you like whipped cream as a food topping?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I need to save up enough for more RAM and a couple more monitors for this rig. Would be a lot easier to keep things running continuously with 4. I'd need to build another computer to run 6 (and probably buy a cheap Radeon card with EyeFinity, easier to run 6+).

I have a Geforce 750Ti in a box on the shelf, with DisplayPort monitors I can run 4 on that.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
who was the poster
I made what they said public as a way to hopefully get them to quit their shit, but if they PM me about it again I'll tag them.

I've only done 1 survey for them ever because it was like $4/2min.

Everything they email me about seems pretty mediocre.
Most prolific surveys really aren't too terrible. I'd say most them hover around that $12-15/hour mark. The time estimates are just as bad as they are for turk.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I made what they said public as a way to hopefully get them to quit their shit, but if they PM me about it again I'll tag them.

Most prolific surveys really aren't too terrible. I'd say most them hover around that $12-15/hour mark. The time estimates are just as bad as they are for turk.
The one that failed had a timer way too short for the survey.

Reactions: Metallica

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Some people say they get $5 a day in surveys from them, I suspect these people game their profile to make them look like a really interesting (and rich) demographic, but that could just be wild imaginings.
Prolific is feast or famine ime, just depends on what researchers are looking for. I just leave a tab up in the corner of one of my screens. It's enough to pay for random games on Steam. There is also a watcher script for the site on greasyfork.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
P.S. Re: the survey.

Everyone thinks of sweet whipped cream, technically you can make savory whipped cream as a lighter version of sour cream or flavored with herbs and use it as a topping for tacos, stews, whatever.

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Prolific is feast or famine ime, just depends on what researchers are looking for. I just leave a tab up in the corner of one of my screens. It's enough to pay for random games on Steam. There is also a watcher script for the site on greasyfork.
I have not yet taken the time to come up with something to do this, but I'd like to have a phone notification (email, some other automated thingy) that tells me when A) Prolific finds something, or B) when a particular HIT comes up.

It's been a stressful month and while I think I've made decent progress at this microtasking thing, I have a long way to go.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
P.S. Re: the survey.

Everyone thinks of sweet whipped cream, technically you can make savory whipped cream as a lighter version of sour cream or flavored with herbs and use it as a topping for tacos, stews, whatever.
unsubscribe: useless whipped cream facts

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually have a Windows phone sitting on the shelf. You can sync notifications... hmmm...

I'd probably have to upgrade my work PC to Win10, which I was going to do anyway...

Reactions: C to the J

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Some people say they get $5 a day in surveys from them, I suspect these people game their profile to make them look like a really interesting (and rich) demographic, but that could just be wild imaginings.
$5 USD per day wouldn't be hard, at all, if you had the tab open all day. I don't always keep it open but, when I do, it's worth it. My profile is the opposite of 'gamed'.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
$5 USD per day wouldn't be hard, at all, if you had the tab open all day. I don't always keep it open but, when I do, it's worth it. My profile is the opposite of 'gamed'.
I haven't seen a single one in 3 days, but it would be easy to miss as I was only at the computer maybe 15-20 hours out of 72, and even then the notification is tiny. Part of the reason I want 4 monitors is to have one split between a Prolific tab open and PCH, so I can keep an eye on both.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single one in 3 days, but it would be easy to miss as I was only at the computer maybe 15-20 hours out of 72, and even then the notification is tiny. Part of the reason I want 4 monitors is to have one split between a Prolific tab open and PCH, so I can keep an eye on both.
  • [MU003ND] Perform some tasks on social media and share your experience Copy
    Hosted by MeasuringU Research
    £3.35•25 minutes•£8.04/hr•13/100

• Asymmetry 2018 Study au s3
    Hosted by Brandon Stewart
    £0.70•7 minutes•£6.00/hr•35/200

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I have not yet taken the time to come up with something to do this, but I'd like to have a phone notification (email, some other automated thingy) that tells me when A) Prolific finds something, or B) when a particular HIT comes up.

It's been a stressful month and while I think I've made decent progress at this microtasking thing, I have a long way to go.
just wait til you start thinking about your time, all the time, in cents per minute

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
  • [MU003ND] Perform some tasks on social media and share your experience Copy
    Hosted by MeasuringU Research
    £3.35•25 minutes•£8.04/hr•13/100
  • Asymmetry 2018 Study au s3
    Hosted by Brandon Stewart
    £0.70•7 minutes•£6.00/hr•35/200
the second one was eh, it's the weekend

Reactions: Merovign and Jerami

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I know early morning PST is the "best" time, but that's just not going to happen regularly. Not only do I have frequent and terrible insomnia, but I'm pretty useless for a couple hours after I was up because of medication for my heart problems.

Reactions: C to the J
Status
Not open for further replies.