11/24 - Selling Saturday!

Do you like whipped cream as a food topping?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
  • [MU003ND] Perform some tasks on social media and share your experience Copy
    Hosted by MeasuringU Research
    £3.35•25 minutes•£8.04/hr•13/100
  • Asymmetry 2018 Study au s3
    Hosted by Brandon Stewart
    £0.70•7 minutes•£6.00/hr•35/200
That is funny, I returned the first as I found it terrible. YMMV obviously.

Reactions: Merovign

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That is funny, I returned the first as I found it terrible. YMMV obviously.
Measuring U are usually good for me. So, I'll do a few so-so ones for them because, on average, I do well with them.:)

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I need to save up enough for more RAM and a couple more monitors for this rig. Would be a lot easier to keep things running continuously with 4. I'd need to build another computer to run 6 (and probably buy a cheap Radeon card with EyeFinity, easier to run 6+).

I have a Geforce 750Ti in a box on the shelf, with DisplayPort monitors I can run 4 on that.
Luckily when i got into Mturking i already had a 3 monitor rig, because i use every bit of those 3 monitors doing this. I don't plan on getting anymore because i don't have anywhere to put more but 4 would be nice.

Reactions: Merovign and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Have seen none today. Also, Prolific tends to break with an internal 500 error a lot, so half the time I look at it I have to relog.
That Measuring U one is up now but, I think you had to do the qualifier for them that I posted a few days ago. I'm actually hoping that MeasuringU posts a lot more on PA.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Luckily when i got into Mturking i already had a 3 monitor rig, because i use every bit of those 3 monitors doing this. I don't plan on getting anymore because i don't have anywhere to put more but 4 would be nice.
Oh, I *have* one, I just didn't want to set up my main machine as a Turking machine, and I have a spare desk in my bedroom.

My main machine doesn't need extra scipts, my browser tends to have 40 tabs open, and I have all kinds of adblocking and security lockdowns that would mess with Turking/Prolific/etc.

And I had spare monitors and computers.

*And* the fact that I do it at a different desk in a different room allows me to kind of "go to work" and "go home," sort of.

I have like 30 computers, but relatively few of them are modern.

Reactions: C to the J

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I know early morning PST is the "best" time, but that's just not going to happen regularly. Not only do I have frequent and terrible insomnia, but I'm pretty useless for a couple hours after I was up because of medication for my heart problems.
You do the best you can. I am a certified (certifiable?) night owl and have made peace with the tradeoff of fewer HITs in exchange for a freer schedule. Always be qualing.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
That Measuring U one is up now but, I think you had to do the qualifier for them that I posted a few days ago. I'm actually hoping that MeasuringU posts a lot more on PA.
See now I need notifications for the thread as well!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, I *have* one, I just didn't want to set up my main machine as a Turking machine, and I have a spare desk in my bedroom.

My main machine doesn't need extra scipts, my browser tends to have 40 tabs open, and I have all kinds of adblocking and security lockdowns that would mess with Turking/Prolific/etc.

And I had spare monitors and computers.

*And* the fact that I do it at a different desk in a different room allows me to kind of "go to work" and "go home," sort of.

I have like 30 computers, but relatively few of them are modern.
When I first started turking, I had 3 monitors. I also had 3 computers to accomplish this feat. You should try that with input director to use one keyboard and mouse. Then, when you have Inquisit, it doesn't take over your whole operation. I still have 3 monitors but, only 2 PCs

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Measuring U are usually good for me. So, I'll do a few so-so ones for them because, on average, I do well with them.:)
Oh me too, but I got half way through this and simply didn't know how to do something. I'm a Luddite.

Reactions: jan and Jerami

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
When I first started turking, I had 3 monitors. I also had 3 computers to accomplish this feat. You should try that with input director to use one keyboard and mouse. Then, when you have Inquisit, it doesn't take over your whole operation. I still have 3 monitors but, only 2 PCs
I have a Dell Optiplex 790 Ultra Small computer. Actually I have 3 of them. I might well use 2 in one place, it would be a way to get to 6 screens (I *really* prefer not to have to handle and switch tabs and windows around if I can avoid it.

And that way I could keep the thread open and not miss qual posts!

Also, because reality intrudes, I am generally for minimal regulation but I want leaf blowers banned, burned, and buried.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex 790 Ultra Small computer. Actually I have 3 of them. I might well use 2 in one place, it would be a way to get to 6 screens (I *really* prefer not to have to handle and switch tabs and windows around if I can avoid it.

And that way I could keep the thread open and not miss qual posts!

Also, because reality intrudes, I am generally for minimal regulation but I want leaf blowers banned, burned, and buried.
790? That's fancy. I use a 380 for one task only, completing HITs. Then I run all the other stuff on an optiplex x32, with multiple monitors, since it came with DisplayPort outs.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
790? That's fancy. I use a 380 for one task only, completing HITs. Then I run all the other stuff on an optiplex x32, with multiple monitors, since it came with DisplayPort outs.
They were $40 each on craigslist. :) They have DP but most of my monitors are older. I might have to get some more new monitors.

Technically each one has a DisplayPort 1.2 port, so they in theory can do 4 monitors, but I'm not sure the i3 has that much horsepower. They could definitely do 2 each.

I have a 40" Vizio 1080p that I got for free, I was thinking of using that as well, maybe, if I can figure out where to put it. It would help with these 1" high pics in the A9's I'm doing. :)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
They were $40 each on craigslist. :) They have DP but most of my monitors are older. I might have to get some more new monitors.

Technically each one has a DisplayPort 1.2 port, so they in theory can do 4 monitors, but I'm not sure the i3 has that much horsepower. They could definitely do 2 each.

I have a 40" Vizio 1080p that I got for free, I was thinking of using that as well, maybe, if I can figure out where to put it. It would help with these 1" high pics in the A9's I'm doing. :)
AmazonBasics DP to VGA adapters for the old monitors, DP to HDMI for the tv. That's what I did. My monitors are so old they're nearly square. Works fine when you get a bunch of them.:)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I run a Magnum TA CPU with a fourteen core proccessor and 12 terabits of ram.

I actually don't even know how to use a computer.
I got one of those Magnum PI things too. I just don't want to take it out of the box.

I also have a rocket ship buried in my back yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.