11/24 - Selling Saturday!

Do you like whipped cream as a food topping?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDee85

Reaction score
Frequent lurker, never poster but as of today I have 1000 approved hits and another 1746 pending! I was hoping that would open up some new hits but it is slim pickings today. Everything I have come across is a zillion pieces of information for 3 cents.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
This was quite the PM...

Person messaged asking how to do 5s more efficiently. I asked them about their setup, etc. and the conversation slowly lead to how they were doing the hits. Turns out, they're scamming them.. I'm just surprised they're pulling that shit on a more desirable qual.
Well, I'm sure that will make things better for everyone.

I've been staying away from custom scripts so far because it seems counter to the spirit of having people instead of machines do things, but I'm sure there's *some* level of automation that's okay... I mean, I use Panda Crazy Helper (smacks PCH upside the head to wake it up).

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This was quite the PM...

Person messaged asking how to do 5s more efficiently. I asked them about their setup, etc. and the conversation slowly lead to how they were doing the hits. Turns out, they're scamming them.. I'm just surprised they're pulling that shit on a more desirable qual.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Frequent lurker, never poster but as of today I have 1000 approved hits and another 1746 pending! I was hoping that would open up some new hits but it is slim pickings today. Everything I have come across is a zillion pieces of information for 3 cents.
Well for one thing, I noticed that I found things gradually and not all at once, and for another thing, there will be more Monday than today. Maybe Tuesday, I don't keep track of everyone and they're Holiday Proliferation.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
This was quite the PM...

This is why we can't have nice things.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I found a more noticeable difference at 5k. Well done.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's a myth that more things open up at 1000.
At least to a certain extent......I mean some people think bam I'll start making a ton of money now.

But like Merovign @Merovign was saying it's more of a gradual thing....in the sense that a lot of surveys will use the over 1000 approved qualification.
Of course when it's a Saturday and there are no worthwhile surveys do in the first place you're not going to notice it.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This was quite the PM...

lol We'll have to have a class on what a mentor is for.

Mentors are here to answer techinical questions about how MTurk, and related extensions and scripts work, ethically inside of the Amazon Mechanical Turk system, while abiding all Terms of Service. Sometimes this helps to make more money. But, if those 2 points conflict, we will revert to rule one.

That would have made me angry.
At least to a certain extent......I mean some people think bam I'll start making a ton of money now.

But like Merovign @Merovign was saying it's more of a gradual thing....in the sense that a lot of surveys will use the over 1000 approved qualification.
Of course when it's a Saturday and there are no worthwhile surveys do in the first place you're not going to notice it.
Too true.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
lol We'll have to have a class on what a mentor is for.

Mentors are here to answer techinical questions about how MTurk, and related extensions and scripts work, ethically inside of the Amazon Mechanical Turk system, while abiding all Terms of Service. Sometimes this helps to make more money. But, if those 2 points conflict, we will revert to rule one.

That would have made me angry.

Too true.
I'm definitely looking forward to the PM I'll get in two weeks asking how to get the qual back.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score

I think learning to find things, getting quals, and becoming more Turk Proficient all have a bigger effect than 1k, 5k, 10k, etc. Though each opens up some options.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
This was quite the PM...

who was the poster

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea but that didn't happen the moment I crossed 1000.
Took some struggling and a lot of PI Search.
If I can average $35/day I'll be okay, especially if I can do it in half a day.

I had high hopes for Prolific, but after a good first day (and like 8 surveys), I've only had 4 since (week and a half?), and one of those broke.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I had high hopes for Prolific, but after a good first day (and like 8 surveys), I've only had 4 since (week and a half?), and one of those broke.
I've only done 1 survey for them ever because it was like $4/2min.

Everything they email me about seems pretty mediocre.

Reactions: EverfreeTree

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score

I have yet to do a single Prolific survey, as they have spit out an error every time I try to start them, and when I requested help, I got a generic copy-paste email, stating the things the FAQ already says, and that my ISP may not be supported/trusted/whatever.
So yeah, I had to give up, there. Otherwise I'd be doing Prolific often.

Reactions: C to the J

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I've only done 1 survey for them ever because it was like $4/2min.

Everything they email me about seems pretty mediocre.
Some people say they get $5 a day in surveys from them, I suspect these people game their profile to make them look like a really interesting (and rich) demographic, but that could just be wild imaginings.

Status
Not open for further replies.