Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
See I've been turking for over a year and didn't know requester ID's didn't work as well. Goes to show how much I pay attention bahaha
Much much much less effective.

Some day I'll be able to leave the Zoltars to the peasants just like you, my liege.
They used to be better.
If they still did those car lots batches I'd hop back on.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
So how to you all handle "Go Ham" for Zoltars but you'd rather catch surveys? Do you have like two catch programs running? Zoltars are ok, but I don't want to miss out on surveys.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
i've literally never caught anything of a req search, in 18months.
I guess I never realized, as I catch things with requester search all the durn time. For example, if I have IPsoft requester search going (Hamming if they pop up) I will get 10 out of 25 hits that come out. I thought that was pretty decent...but it all makes sense now. I'm apparently slow as shit to learn things lol

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You want it to be as low as possible. Wired is really the only way to achieve a 0-5ms ping.

katarina @katarina if the ping you're getting is from a wired connection.. i'd say you have an issue worthy of calling Spectrum about lol
That's a really good point you brought up... Most people don't realize that wireless routers tend to slow down their connection speeds. Run a speed test when connected wirelessly, then try plugging in your computer directly to your modem, run another speed test and compare speeds.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's a really good point you brought up... Most people don't realize that wireless routers tend to slow down their connection speeds. Run a speed test when connected wirelessly, then try plugging in your computer directly to your modem, run another speed test and compare speeds.
I noticed a MASSIVE change in what I could catch when I stopped using the wireless at home. In gaming, too.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
So how to you all handle "Go Ham" for Zoltars but you'd rather catch surveys? Do you have like two catch programs running? Zoltars are ok, but I don't want to miss out on surveys.
Click and hold the Go Ham button until it turns light blue. It will search for the hit, and 'go ham' when it finds a hit and after a bit if it does not catch any more it goes back to light blue. I am horrible at explaining this, sorry.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
You want it to be as low as possible. Wired is really the only way to achieve a 0-5ms ping.

katarina @katarina if the ping you're getting is from a wired connection.. i'd say you have an issue worthy of calling Spectrum about lol
Nah it's not a wired connection. The room the modem and stuff is in is essentially a storage room, so would be no room to put a desk in, and frankly if I had a wire running to the living room, my ass would be tripping over it constantly.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
When was the last time mturk handed out Masters? I understand that I'm probably not there yet being at 15k hits, but I haven't seen anyone speak of getting Masters since I started lurking on this forum nearly a year ago. Just curious if I missed some information.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Nah it's not a wired connection. The room the modem and stuff is in is essentially a storage room, so would be no room to put a desk in, and frankly if I had a wire running to the living room, my ass would be tripping over it constantly.
We ran a flat Ethernet wire along the ceiling (it's white so it blends in with the walls) and down behind the cabinet next to my work desk. No one trips and I get fast speeds. Idk if that would work for you but just a thought. I had no idea those things came in flat!

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
What speeds are you paying for? I know they do a $50/100 mbps plan.. so if that's the case then my suggestion wouldn't do anything, but if you're not: Spectrum routers (and really any other) offer 2 different channels to connect to - 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. If you're not already on it, and your wireless card supports it, switch your connection to the 5 GHz channel. Higher bandwidth and less interference from household devices like microwaves and landlines. You'll know if your wireless card supports it or not by watching if it actually connects or not.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
That's insane you get that off of wifi. Not too long ago I finally wired in and the difference was massive. I went from like 20Mbps to in the area of 150 now.

Reactions: katarina

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
When was the last time mturk handed out Masters? I understand that I'm probably not there yet being at 15k hits, but I haven't seen anyone speak of getting Masters since I started lurking on this forum nearly a year ago. Just curious if I missed some information.
I think there have been tiny tiny handfuls in the last couple months but not a whole lot.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
May 2017 is when I got it, then went on hiatus, but dont think they've given it out since then.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
There is no rhyme or reason to it, really. Just when they're feeling wild I guess. My husband told me last week "Don't worry, babe. You'll get the Masters Qualification soon. I know it." It was so sweet I just smiled and patted his leg doing everything I could not to fall off that couch in laughter. "Thanks, babe."

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Participate in an Experiment on Decision Making | Accept
Requester: Timothy J Brown [A2UG2PCDOEQPXS] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.54] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.75] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: This study will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kennedy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yea what Jaded @Jaded said.

There has been no mass hand out since May 2017 but it has been given out to very small groups of people from time to time.

Last mention that I'm aware of was probably a couple months ago.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
numbers don't mean shit, there was one person who got masters even before they got off probation, and another got it with an suspended account. no one knows the criteria or if they do they ain't saying. My opinion they just pull names out of a hat

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
numbers don't mean shit, there was one person who got masters even before they got off probation, and another got it with an suspended account. no one knows the criteria or if they do they ain't saying. My opinion they just pull names out of a hat
I do think that some of the worst of the newbies supposedly getting masters were making it up. Probably because I might have, at one point, gotten bored and made an account to claim I got masters after turking less than a month.

Possibly.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Facebook and impression study 3 | Accept
Requester: Jian Rui [A7VF6L9N3Z6VZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.12] [Pay=4.75] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.25] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.00] [Pen=0.08 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: You will be exposed to a hypothetical Facebook profile and answer questions about your impressions of the profile owner.
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.