11/13 - Transitions Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4195

I've been doing them for years, and I'm pretty efficient with them. What you see the vets achieve isn't what the new people are going to achieve any time soon. You'll be dealing with a lot of throttling and server lag, its always been like that regardless of new people. Its really a toss up, I mean I'm not going to sell you on the batch or anything. A lot of people give up because o of the throttling or because they can't get good at them. Which is the primary reason I'm not concerned about the horde of new people. Some will get decent at them, others will get their qual ripped, some will get burnt out, some can't stand the throttling. Not trying to be a dick about it.
Thanks. Yeah, if how long it took tonight to submit is normal, I will be severely disappointed. We shall see.

Reactions: Metallica

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Metallica, do you have multiple tabs open or other strategies like that? Or do you just ride the throttle wave?
More tabs, really, just makes it worse on everyone overall. I mean no ill will to you or anyone else by saying this, but I think Victoria made a really dumb decision by giving out the quals in such a big amount. Whenever she posts a batch during peak hours, it's going to be really tough to make a decent wage on them. The servers she uses have always been bad.. but with so many people on them now, yeah...

D

Deleted member 4195

More tabs, really, just makes it worse on everyone overall. I mean no ill will to you or anyone else by saying this, but I think Victoria made a really dumb decision by giving out the quals in such a big amount. Whenever she posts a batch during peak hours, it's going to be really tough to make a decent wage on them. The servers she uses have always been bad.. but with so many people on them now, yeah...
I'd feel the same way if I had the qual for a long time and then so many ppl got it lol.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd feel the same way if I had the qual for a long time and then so many ppl got it lol.
Yeah, me too. Thanks for the information. I'm sure things will regress to the mean. Entropy etc

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I did like 400 of them tonight, and I'd forgotten how much I dislike them. :wink:

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been doing them for years, and I'm pretty efficient with them. What you see the vets achieve isn't what the new people are going to achieve any time soon. You'll be dealing with a lot of throttling and server lag, its always been like that regardless of new people. Its really a toss up, I mean I'm not going to sell you on the batch or anything. A lot of people give up because o of the throttling or because they can't get good at them. Which is the primary reason I'm not concerned about the horde of new people. Some will get decent at them, others will get their qual ripped, some will get burnt out, some can't stand the throttling. Not trying to be a dick about it.
They only lagged on rare occasions back in the day. You could multitab with impunity.

I didn't like them very much back then either.

Reactions: TotalBabe

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Under 1.5 mins.

Title: Answer questions about a recent time you were under the weather | Accept
Requester: 98point6 Data Science [A2AXZG12B2BBBI] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.09] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: Please answer some questions about a recent minor condition, illness, or injury of your own where you could have spoken with a healthcare provider or taken off work.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location In US

Reactions: turkleton

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, did my first longish transcript.

"There was a problem submitting your results for this HIT."

I'm starting to develop an attitude.

Edit: Aaaaaand while trying to get over to Firefox to try it there, I lost the contents I'd written to a reload.

I guess you have to learn to love disappointment a little, right?

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I need a quick $3 hit to make up for the $2.32 I just lost to a technical error.

Why are you all laughing?

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, did my first longish transcript.

"There was a problem submitting your results for this HIT."

I'm starting to develop an attitude.

Edit: Aaaaaand while trying to get over to Firefox to try it there, I lost the contents I'd written to a reload.

I guess you have to learn to love disappointment a little, right?
No, but you do learn to do long writing tasks in a notepad or something and then to copy and paste.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
No, but you do learn to do long writing tasks in a notepad or something and then to copy and paste.
Well, actually, I *thought* I had lost it, but I hadn't. Still couldn't submit it in either browser. Sent a message but the transcript was way too long to include through the system. ( thought I had close notepad without saving, didn't remember saving it but there it is )

The hit is missing, I think Turk gave it to someone else while I was working on it.

Last edited:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Title: After a pre-screen survey, you will be asked your opinion on current news events(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] (Req TV): $11.49/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.39] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 4.61]
Description:
We are conducting an academic survey about your impressions of current news events. First, you will complete a screening survey to determine if you are eligible for the main survey. (1) If you are not eligible for the survey and do not complete it, you will not be able to receive payment for your HIT. Please return incomplete HITs rather than submitting them. You have the right to discontinue the survey at any point, without penalty. By accepting this HIT, you consent to these terms. (2) If you are eligible, you will be asked to give your opinions. This HIT takes most people about 15 minutes. Follow the link below to complete the pre-screen survey. At the end of the main survey, you will receive a code to paste into the box below to receive credit for taking our survey. Some of the topics discussed in this study are potentially sensitive. Participants are reminded they are free to discontinue participation at any moment and are allowed to skip any question that causes discomfort.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 20
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Exc: [3700048-115332] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I like how the Amazon contact page specifically doesn't have a support link for workers.

I'm getting a lot of pages this evening saying there are none o fthese hits available yet the hit is right there, or there are no more of the group when there are.

Reactions: jklmnop
Status
Not open for further replies.