11/07 - Trail Mix Thursday!

Do you like the new mTurk payment schedule coming soon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Sexual Crimes - Juror Decision Making. WARNING: This HIIT may contain adult content. Discretion advs(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sarah [A1MA4Q7HV89I7L] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.06] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.68] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=25] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 0
Description: You will read a description of a court case dealing with a sexual crime and answer questions as if you were a juror in that case.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: Blakkat

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
okay, the quotes I was getting were probably just ridiculous then, because they were saying like $200 a MONTH or I just read it wrong
I'm not sure how much it might affect the rate ($200 does sound a bit too high), but you've gotten your license pretty recently, haven't you? In some states, they charge inexperienced drivers higher rates until you get a little experience under your belt.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Despite not doing much today, and having my hotel qual revoked, I'm having my best money week on turk ever.
I was out of town until yesterday evening. You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: aveline and savvy

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I think our cats secretly hate us and are constantly planning our deaths. They just tolerate us because we feed them and clean out the litter box.
1000 years of tiger DNA.

I doubt the Archie McPhee cat gags work well because I could imagine that cat I used to have would shake that thing off in a few moments.

Reactions: LucyO

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much it might affect the rate ($200 does sound a bit too high), but you've gotten your license pretty recently, haven't you? In some states, they charge inexperienced drivers higher rates until you get a little experience under your belt.
Oh, that makes sense. Yeah I got my license monday so that could explain it >.> One quote said $230 and that's $15 higher than my car payment, so I'm hoping that it'll be lower when I go talk to Boyfriend's dad's insurance place tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: LucyO and TotalBabe

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This sounds entirely possible. Thank FSM I've never lived in California - might be something for people who are from there to be aware of/plan for. :/ (ugh, sorry, Yatagarasu @Yatagarasu)
Was already in my plans tbh as I've been struggling to regularly meet goal since August. Main issue with working is the cost of childcare (i.e., high af) so Mturk was a good way not to have to worry about that.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
yay! That's good to hear! Can I ask a random question, how's the insurance? The quotes I was getting seemed awfully high, but I didn't really look very hard.
I pay $400/6 months but then again I live in the car theft capital of the world and only 7 cops to enforce traffic laws so there are a lot of accidents too with no police to keep people driving better.

I suppose if your area doesn't have a lot of accidents or car thefts, your rates could be a hundred or two cheaper.

I've found GEICO to have the best rates. It never hurts to get quotes from all the biggies and then again at 6 months or whenever you renew just to make sure you are still getting a decent deal. I was with state farm forever but then decided to get quotes from others and GEICO saved me $200 per 6 months over what State Farm was charging me for the first year I was with GEICO. Two years later and GEICO still saves me money but it's only about $50 over State Farm now.

Reactions: Jaded and LucyO

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Was already in my plans tbh as I've been struggling to regularly meet goal since August. Main issue with working is the cost of childcare (i.e., high af) so Mturk was a good way not to have to worry about that.
What is "not worrying?"
...I don't even have kids and I ask this. :/
But yeah, the idea that Turk and related things were going to make it so I didn't actually have to spend student loans on living expenses went out the window months ago. Best of luck to you, it's scary out there.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm predicting California user accounts will be suspended from the turk system when the gig minimum wage thing goes into effect -- assuming the law is even legal for online things. I imagine it's easier for turk to suspend them from the system than have to figure out a way to make HITs pay the equivalent of minimum wage.
I doubt it. similar things have been passed that were supposed to kill amazon affiliate programs etc... in the past, and they usually find a way to exempt amazon (or negotiate with them).

Reactions: LucyO

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
okay, the quotes I was getting were probably just ridiculous then, because they were saying like $200 a MONTH or I just read it wrong
If it's truly $200/month, it might because you are 16 ❤ or you are a inexperienced driver that has higher odds of getting into an accident. It should get better as you add safe driving years and you start to get better rates for being accident-free.

Reactions: Jaded and LucyO

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I doubt Amazon will change their minds, but everyone that has issues with the upcoming changes should send an email to the one provided (
mturk-worker-support@amazon.com )

When the weekly emails with our activity were removed they at least made a massive overhaul to the dashboard; I dunno if that was the plan from the get go or if the feedback impacted that change, but either way maybe they can compromise a bit, like offering a 3-day withdrawal.
I'll send a mail on behalf of the 3-dayers. 7 days is what I do (and it's fine to me post-change to stay that way) but if I can pretend like I"m a 3-dayer to see if they can add that shorter option, it's worth it for you guys.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I doubt it. similar things have been passed that were supposed to kill amazon affiliate programs etc... in the past, and they usually find a way to exempt amazon (or negotiate with them).
I'm going out on a limb and say California overextended themselves in the virtual world as I have to think an internet regulation can't be created by a state such as making turk have minimum wage paying HITs. Then again, there are now online sales tax collections so maybe states have some right to regulate an internet-related thing.

Reactions: cb456

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Provide feedback on customer communications | Accept
Requester: Symend [A21IAIKDLLAQJ8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: You will be shown messages and asked multiple choice and free response questions. This task should take about 8 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.