11/07 - Trail Mix Thursday!

Do you like the new mTurk payment schedule coming soon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Haha, I hope! I'm quitting one of the best jobs I've ever had to move out of the state. No real plan, no job lined up, just want to get out.
You sound like a Californian. They are fleeing the state like rats to where I live and now my city is getting a california vibe.

Reactions: XWarrior

chrisd6

Reaction score
Hey guys, quitting my job soon because I'm an idiot. I do mturk at nights for extra income, but since I might be thrown into this boat soon:

For any of you full-timers, what's your average per day if you don't mind? Just trying to make sure I can survive over here.

chrisd6

Reaction score
You sound like a Californian. They are fleeing the state like rats to where I live and now my city is getting a california vibe.
Hah! I couldn't be further actually! I live in Georgia, moving to Alabama.. weird i know

Reactions: C to the J

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
Hey guys, quitting my job soon because I'm an idiot. I do mturk at nights for extra income, but since I might be thrown into this boat soon:

For any of you full-timers, what's your average per day if you don't mind? Just trying to make sure I can survive over here.
Most full timers have a slew of quals, experience, and workflow customizations built up that allow them to do it full time. Just hearing someone does 100/day is not something I'd put a lot of stock in w/o all that already squared away.

This might also be the worst time of year to try and pull this off, just FYI. Not sure if the quittin' is already done but man I'd be a super wary of doing that so close to the holidays. There is usually some work you can scrounge up around summer.. Holidays are holidays for most everyone.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Hah! I couldn't be further actually! I live in Georgia, moving to Alabama.. weird i know
a move to for a lower cost of living?

Is the girlfriend mad because she'll miss UGA ? and you haven't convinced her you can go to Crimson Tide games and trade some paint/get some dents/go flying at Talladega?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The 2yo may have killed my laptop.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I was worried my computer died today. I went to make a sandwhich and when I came back it had mysteriously turned off. Power button was unresponsive, anxiety jumped to solid 9/10.

Jiggled power cord and it turned on just fine.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Speech animation comparison (about 15 mins) | Accept
Requester: Yuki Shiba [A1Q8UD9YUMDOVL] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 25:00
Available: 6
Description: It will take about 12~15 mins to finish. In this survey, there are about 30 pairs of facial animation videos. For each pair, pick one better than the other.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was worried my computer died today. I went to make a sandwhich and when I came back it had mysteriously turned off. Power button was unresponsive, anxiety jumped to solid 9/10.

Jiggled power cord and it turned on just fine.
Still on edge while the mister looks at it :twitchy:

Reactions: TSolo315

chrisd6

Reaction score
Most full timers have a slew of quals, experience, and workflow customizations built up that allow them to do it full time. Just hearing someone does 100/day is not something I'd put a lot of stock in w/o all that already squared away.

This might also be the worst time of year to try and pull this off, just FYI. Not sure if the quittin' is already done but man I'd be a super wary of doing that so close to the holidays. There is usually some work you can scrounge up around summer.. Holidays are holidays for most everyone.
Thank you for this! I've been turking for a few years, just never been active around here.. so that's not exactly a concern of mine. I guess I was just looking for a baseline of what to expect to plan my budget out. I have jobs I can take, but none are exciting at the moment, so I was starting to wonder if full-time turking would beat a bad part-timer kind of thing.

chrisd6

Reaction score
a move to for a lower cost of living?

Is the girlfriend mad because she'll miss UGA ? and you haven't convinced her you can go to Crimson Tide games and trade some paint/get some dents/go flying at Talladega?
Haha, oh the irony! We're both Auburn fans actually. Guessing you're a UGA fan? This saturday should be some fun. My girlfriend will be at the game!

XWarrior

Reaction score
I'm predicting California user accounts will be suspended from the turk system when the gig minimum wage thing goes into effect -- assuming the law is even legal for online things. I imagine it's easier for turk to suspend them from the system than have to figure out a way to make HITs pay the equivalent of minimum wage.
If you think about it, regulating the payment structure moves them closer to "employer," it just adds another function that traditional employers do (which will matter in the pending and new cases filed) Leave it to California and agenda driven policy, in every case they hurt regular people, no wonder why it is in dire straights. I wonder how many people in California are Mturk dependent.

Reactions: alk69 and rsmath

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Haha, oh the irony! We're both Auburn fans actually. Guessing you're a UGA fan? This saturday should be some
nope. I'm a fan here in the west, so it's my alma mater UNM (:bag: for football). I also like other teams out west here in both football and basketball.

The only CFB I'm looking forward to this weekend is LSU/Alabama. My dad is a brainwashed LSU fan (his voice coach went to LSU and brainwashed him into caring about LSU football). My big sport I"m looking forward to is NASCAR Phoenix where the final four drivers for the title will be locked in and hopefully some disappointing last-second finishes that make people miss the top 4.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

XWarrior

Reaction score
Title: Judging Faces | Accept
Requester: Peter E Mende-Siedlecki [A2KYE7EDH884YK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.88] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.51] [Fast=4.44] [Comm=3.33] [Fair=4.53] [Reviews=47] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.75
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 1
Description: Rate a series of faces on several different dimensions.
Qualifications: Qualification D DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US

~ 25 minutes, up now.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: 30 second task for $1 | Accept
Requester: colab11 [A309FAXL9YP3F5] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Quick task of using app for 30 secons for $1
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.