10/14 - Seen on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemStone

Contributor
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Oct 13, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,194

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 1,006
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $17.40
- HIT reward earned: $121.74
- Total Amount earned this week: $139.14

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
- Number of HITs approved: 816
- Number of HITs rejected: -1
- Bonus reward earned: $2.89
- HIT reward earned: $292.36
- Total Amount earned this week: $295.25

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
About to go to my favorite brunch place with my best friend.

Sondi @Sondi I am linking this because I know you're a fan of breakfast foods...and omg the farmhouse is precious

https://www.beebiscuit.com/

Reactions: Sondi

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That made me hungry! I've had so many good tomato soups.... basil-heavy, sweeter, more acidic - and I like texture variations too. And then grilled cheese... the ones I made earlier in the week were gouda/havarti which made for an awesome tangy-nutty-stretchy-melty sandwich :hungry:

I'm all about ease these days so I use an onion/garlic base + san marzano tomatoes + tomato paste + broth and then change up the flavorings.
I know a lot of new non-stick pans are gimicky but, if you have a really good non-stick pan, you can make "inside-out grilled cheeses". Ever tried them? Super good, especially with tomato soup. You put the cheese on both inside and outside the bread. I use anything but American. Usually something hard(er). I'm a cheese snob. Anyway, just put cheese on the outside and cook as normal. The outside gets crispy, like frico(crispy cheese "lace"). It's great with tomato soup, especially if you do a bit of dipping. Grilled cheese stays a bit crispy when dipped, due to the fat/toast on the outside but, the acid of the tomato cuts the oil, rendering it ineffective, and then the toasted bread acts like an over dry sponge, absorbing as much soup as it can. While this is great for taste, it leaves texture a bit flat. When cooked "inside-out" the frico on the outside retains it's crispiness when dipped, giving it another layer of texture.

I make a great variation with parm reg on the outside and swiss, carmelized onions and arugula on the inside. Super tasty! Yum!:)

Last edited:

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Oct 13, 2018.

- Number of HITs submitted: 2,985

- Number of HITs approved: 2,985
- HIT reward earned: $410.57
- Total Amount earned this week: $410.57

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I know a lot of new non-stick pans are gimicky but, if you have a really good non-stick pan, you can make "inside-out grilled cheeses". Ever tried them? Super good, especially with tomato soup. You put the cheese on both inside and outside the bread. I use anything but American. Usually something hard(er). I'm a cheese snob. Anyway, just put cheese on the outside and cook as normal. The outside gets crispy, like frico(crispy cheese "lace"). It's great with tomato soup, especially if you do a bit of dipping. Grilled cheese stays a bit crispy when dipped, due to the fat/toast on the outside but, the acid of the tomato cuts the oil, rendering it ineffective, and then the toasted bread acts like an over dry sponge, absorbing as much soup as it can. While this is great for taste, it leaves texture a bit flat. When cooked "inside-out" the frico on the outside retains it's crispiness when dipped, giving it another layer of texture.

I make a great variation with parm reg on the outside and swiss, carmelized onions and arugula on the inside. Super tasty! Yum!:)
I'm going to have to try that when I get a free afternoon :eek: that sounds amazing....

About to go to my favorite brunch place with my best friend.

Sondi @Sondi I am linking this because I know you're a fan of breakfast foods...and omg the farmhouse is precious

https://www.beebiscuit.com/
That place looks great! ... I'm a lil obsessed with biscuits and gravy, too :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

I haven't eaten yet today :ROFL:

Reactions: savvy and Jerami

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

- Number of HITs submitted: 2,405

- Number of HITs approved: 863
- Number of HITs rejected: 2
- Bonus reward earned: $4.52
- HIT reward earned: $245.44
- Total Amount earned this week: $249.96

jan

Reaction score
ohh i wanna try making a roasted cauli soup soon.

I'd like to have time to make any soup actually lol
When I was working, I used the crock pot almost every day. It took just a few minutes of prep in the morning (I mean....maybe 15 or 20?) and it was all done when I got home :)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
When I was working, I used the crock pot almost every day. It took just a few minutes of prep in the morning (I mean....maybe 15 or 20?) and it was all done when I got home :)
oh i know, i'm just gone so long (6a to 8pm) that I worry about the electrical bit sitting all day

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
oh i know, i'm just gone so long (6a to 8pm) that I worry about the electrical bit sitting all day
you could also get one of those cheap timers to turn it on a few hours after you leave. As for safety, even if the liquid burned down, it's SUCH a low heat. I clear a counter so that if there is a problem, it's all by itself. But unless there's a malfunction with your electrical outlet - idk. I think it would be fine for 8-10 hours on low.

Reactions: savvy and Jerami

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,518

- Number of HITs approved: 1,790
- Bonus reward earned: $51.23
- HIT reward earned: $254.28
- Total Amount earned this week: $305.51

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
good start by the Astros last night mboone73 @mboone73. they have the pitching advantage tonight with Cole over Price. hopefully they can take another one

Reactions: Sondi and mboone73

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
went back and looked at it again and the french on the package made me laugh "plus tu cries fort, plus elles vont vite!" - like I need a toy to make my kids yell :grimace:
No, silly! That's not a "mom toy". That's an "Aunt Sondi" toy. You only buy that for kids where you want to see them open it, laugh at their laughter and screaming for a bit, then travel long distances away from said laughter.:p

EDIT Then you can chuckle to yourself every time you remember the annoyance you've inflicted on a relative.:D

DBL EDIT It's considered a win-win if you can get something the kids love and the parents can't stand, while still being within the realm of acceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sondi and jan

GemStone

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Give your opinions on a story | PANDA
Requester: anne hamby [A3B5HXC347ML6D] (Req TV): $10.55/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.65] [Fair: 4.72] [Comm: 4.33] [Fast: 4.58]
Description:
You will offer your opinions about a story
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

easy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i went to an Astros watch party at Minute Maid Park in houston last night

1) they raised drink prices even more
2) its fun watching the game with other fans
3) there’s still not much that beats watching the game in your actual living room. no traffic, no overpriced margaritas, etc
4) this was the first time ive went to a stadium to purely just watch a screen

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i went to an Astros watch party at Minute Maid Park in houston last night

1) they raised drink prices even more
2) its fun watching the game with other fans
3) there’s still not much that beats watching the game in your actual living room. no traffic, no overpriced margaritas, etc
4) this was the first time ive went to a stadium to purely just watch a screen

At Fenway, in '04, beer was $8-$9 regular season, $11 at ALDS and $13 at the World Series. Annoying.

Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
At Fenway, in '04, beer was $8-$9 regular season, $11 at ALDS and $13 at the World Series. Annoying.
i paid $17 for a margarita.
usually $15

prevented me from getting a second or third. better off just drinking before or after a event with those prices

i think beer was $12

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
in 2034 margaritas are going to cost $32 at stadiums. what kind of world is this

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i paid $17 for a margarita.
usually $15

prevented me from getting a second or third. better off just drinking before or after a event with those prices

i think beer was $12
I never touched mixed drinks because they were silly prices. If you can't catch a buzz for $50, you're doing it wrong. Whatever "it " is.

They only way it's worth it is if every time you get a drink, you get 2. Then you store the extras under your seat. When they stop serving in the 7th, or whenever, you'll start to hear cues like, "I'd pay $20 for one more drink!" Then you say, "I got you.":D

EDIT Also, that's why 'pre-gaming' is a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.