09/25 - T-Rex Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkinusa

Reaction score
Yeah but it's better than being killed via extreme acupuncture so
true
I admittedly do it for fun, but I don't like video games and it's like I constantly need something for "filler" time or I get myself in trouble. And I'm too lazy for sports. :D
strongly disagree lol

BskiCHI

Reaction score
Requesters don't see it that way. The solution that they chose was to add more work to their hits, whether through captchas or additional pages of screeners, without improving pay. Or they just stopped posting altogether.

There's not much of a thing that could be done to convince them to be discerning in a way that benefits legitimate workers.
That's their problem. Not mine.

Reactions: Despairagus

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I admittedly do it for fun, but I don't like video games and it's like I constantly need something for "filler" time or I get myself in trouble. And I'm too lazy for sports. :D
I kind f
true

strongly disagree lol
I find it like a deranged Sudoku puzzle or something. But, if it was my full time job and I HAD to do I am sure I would not like mturk very much.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
i had trouble with a tool partner once, so...
I'd probably have trouble with my tool partner to if he came to work with no pants. No, I'd die laughing and never get any work done.

Reactions: Despairagus and GTR

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I kind f

I find it like a deranged Sudoku puzzle or something. But, if it was my full time job and I HAD to do I am sure I would not like mturk very much.
It's like cheap ramen noodles. They are okay when you choose to eat them every six months, but when it's all you have for every meal...

Last edited:

LisaPisa

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about personal finances | Accept
Requester: Cristy Rowley [A286M0W3SPP6W3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.01
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: We are interested in learning more about your personal financial situation. Respondents should be 18-35 and currently employed.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

GTR

Reaction score
It's like cheap ramen noodles. They are okay when you choose to eat them every six months, but when it's all you have for every meal...
not many turkers have never had to do this i would believe, i know i did for months for a while.

Reactions: Jaded

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
requesters adding work to already underpaid tasks, while adding checks that are just designed to detect bots, are only going to find that more & more of their jobs are getting done by sweatshop turkers in india spoofing their ips

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
requesters adding work to already underpaid tasks, while adding checks that are just designed to detect bots, are only going to find that more & more of their jobs are getting done by sweatshop turkers in india spoofing their ips
Unless, as has been reported by scholars (and an occasional requester on AMT, Siddharth Suri), the online labor market is "inelastic" and turkers will continue to do work for lower wages:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ompetitive-they-arent/?utm_term=.c636632cf701
But what am I saying this to you for?!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
:nod:

Ramen is great and I'm slowly killing myself by eating it too much and overdosing on sodium but I'm kind of okay with it.
I feel like there's an awful 'salty' joke in here somewhere but I can't quite connect it.

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless, as has been reported by scholars (and an occasional requester on AMT, Siddharth Suri), the online labor market is "inelastic" and turkers will continue to do work for lower wages:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ompetitive-they-arent/?utm_term=.c636632cf701
But what am I saying this to you for?!
thanks for the link! i'll take a look when i get a chance
i was just reasoning from the logic that good hits (like... ours????) get snapped up fast and are generally done by people who are motivated, while the shitty ones are left for the people who aren't

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the link! i'll take a look when i get a chance
i was just reasoning from the logic that good hits (like... ours????) get snapped up fast and are generally done by people who are motivated, while the shitty ones are left for the people who aren't
Roger that. Glad you're not (because you're definitely not) putting shitty hits out into the turkosphere. :)

Last edited:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I really hope this is true and that it turns the tide eventually.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Unrelated: If you did that John Murray qualification hit yesterday or the day before, the two followup hits are up.
2nd unrelated: My fish tastes like metal and I don't like it.

Reactions: Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.