09/25 - T-Rex Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR

Reaction score
I am gonna stay up until i get to TC Rank 110/110

LisaPisa

Reaction score
Title: You will complete self-report questionnaires about thoughts and feelings. | Accept
Requester: HINL [A372VF8C4PEU98] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.98] [Pay=4.25] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.98] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=4.00] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=99] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.98] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 1800
Available: 204
Description: The task should take approximately 3 minutes, but you will have 30 to complete it. You will receive $0.30 for your time.
Qualifications: hinl_comp DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

charlie

Reaction score
well now that y'all are up i need to go to bed. 5:15 alarm yay me. gnight all!

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have this really bad habit where I stay up way past my bed time, and end up getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep before work. In other words, tonight.
Staying up late is fun. During summer vacation when I was in high school, I thought the perfect summer night was staying up really late and watching things I liked on TV. So quiet.

It catches up with me sometimes now, though. :angry2:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Staying up late is fun. During summer vacation when I was in high school, I thought the perfect summer night was staying up really late and watching things I liked on TV. So quiet.

It catches up with me sometimes now, though. :angry2:
I have no problem staying up at night. It's all those pesky day time activities that tend to catch up with me.:D

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Under 6 mins.

Title: Hotel survey | Accept
Requester: lauren [A1A0U1RUUXYWX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.55] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.44] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about a hotel and environmentally friendly practices
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

FireMonkey

Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami Are you still watching The First on Hulu? I've been trying to get into it but so far it hasn't grabbed me, in spite of Mr. Penn's fine acting and newly developed muscles.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami Are you still watching The First on Hulu? I've been trying to get into it but so far it hasn't grabbed me, in spite of Mr. Penn's fine acting and newly developed muscles.
I couldn't get into it either. That said, I just finished the last episode 14 minutes ago.:facepalm: It was okay. Well written, cinematically flawless, great cast, well developed characters, the soundtrack was a nice compliment to the visuals and wasn't distracting or, detracting.

It only had one problem. It was soooooo boooooring. It was even well paced, for a book, just dull.

As Mr. Anchovy would say...

I had to skip through the last episode, just to finish it. I wouldn't have been able to watch the last 4 episodes, if I wasn't also doing something else. The whole thing would have made an amazing 2 hour pilot episode. But, the season feels like an prologue. I've found that a good amount of new shows that are released in bulk, for bingeing, seem to end before the story really starts. It's a new way for them to get you to watch an entire season and HAVE to watch the second because you feel like you invested 8-10 hours getting to know these people and their entire back-story but, you have no idea what the outcome of the arc is. That's my opinion. They do it so that people are champing at the bit for season 2 and would be furious if it didn't happen, after watching 8 hours of them trying to put humans on Mars, and they barely escape our gravity in the last 5 minutes. It could have started there and covered everything else in flashback.

Then again, if you look at it as a drama, and remove the space stuff, I bet it's very good. Like, if he was a long haul trucker instead of an astronaut, I wouldn't care what happens when he gets in his rig and drives off into the sunset. That's a good ending for anything. Except an astronaut show. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FireMonkey

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the cap on those James Block hits?

FireMonkey

Reaction score
I couldn't get into it either. That said, I just finished the last episode 14 minutes ago.:facepalm: It was okay. Well written, cinematically flawless, great cast, well developed characters, the soundtrack was a nice compliment to to visuals and wasn't distracting or, detracting.

It only had one problem. It was soooooo boooooring. It was even well paced, for a book, just dull.

As Mr. Anchovy would say...

I had to skip through the last episode, just to finish it. I wouldn't have been able to watch the last 4 episodes, if I wasn't also doing something else. The whole thing would have made an amazing 2 hour pilot episode. But, the whole thing feels like an prologue. I've found that a good amount of new shows that are released in bulk, for bingeing, seem to end before the story really starts. It's a new way for them to get you to watch an entire season and HAVE to watch the second because you feel like you invested 8-10 hours getting to know these people and their entire back-story but, you have no idea what the outcome of the arc is. That's my opinion. They do it so that people are champing at the bit for season 2 and would be furious if it didn't happen, after watching 8 hours of them trying to put humans on mars, and they barely escape our gravity in the last 5 minutes. It could have started there and covered everything else in flashback.

Then again, if you look at it as a drama, and remove the space stuff, I bet it's very good. Like, if he was a long haul trucker instead of an astronaut, I wouldn't care what happens when he gets in his rig and drives off into the sunset. That's a good ending for anything. Except an astronaut show. :)
Well put! I'm amazed you made it through the whole thing. I really WANT to like it but it is truly dull, dull, DULL, deadly dull, and tedious, in spite of it's many fine qualities!

Reactions: Jerami

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate the these captions for humor | $2 | ~15min | PANDA
Requester: ESClabs [A1U8RL0GPUGR86] (Req TV): $16.19/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.81] [Fair: 4.74] [Comm: 3.59] [Fast: 4.46]
Description:
Take part in a psychological study on humor
Time: 8 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; 2/18 DT & CT_ratings and measures DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

~7 mins

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well put! I'm amazed you made it through the whole thing. I really WANT to like it but it is truly dull, dull, DULL, deadly dull, and tedious, in spite of it's many fine qualities!
If I weren't reading pretty steadily on another screen, I wouldn't have made it through the last 4. If I sat back to watch it, it would have been a good show to sleep to. :p
The last 15 minutes were simultaneously the best and worst bit of the series. It was space, finally but, it was in realtime. Things that are dull on Earth are slow AND dull in space. Especially when there are no malfunctions. Space is tranquil but, tranquil isn't always good tv, imo. There's not much to see until the last episode so, you could listen to it while doing other things. Then you could watch the last episode. But, even then, there's no huge payoff, just a premature one at the end, which is the end of the beginning. And, if they don't do a second season, you'll never get that payoff. May want to wait until season 2 is announced and almost to air. Then you could binge season 1 with a clear goal of being prepped for season 2. Otherwise, there may be no point, other than the last half episode. Unless you are really into one of the actors and a huge drama fan. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.