09/20 - Toum Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Answer some questions about driving preferences - PLEASE DO ON COMPUTER - | Accept
Requester: Sandersan [A1SXJS0H44OFVJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: We would like you to answer some questions about different driving scenarios, complete a short computer task where we will ask you to watch a short 10s clip, followed by some more short questions. Will take about 20 mins.
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
x[/td][/tr]
9 min

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
And I think this is problem that can be 80 to 90 percent solved by Amazon, and shouldn't be burden on the requester or the the Turkers
Considering the steps they took initially to remove foreign workers due to poor quality results, I'd actually be kind of surprised if they didn't move to stop this, otherwise less people use the platform and they lose money. Though the credibility damage may have already been done and be hard to recover from.

Reactions: egryan1

GTR

Reaction score
"Our evidence suggests recent data quality problems are tied to foreign workers, not bots."

Thanks India
well they scam with the fake IRS and Microsoft support, so why not turk? SMH

Reactions: Starslip

Dragonfly

Reaction score
For those of you that have the VacationrentalAPI qual how long did it take them to give it to you? I completed the 2nd part and it was approved and paid a few days ago, but no email yet on receiving the qualification.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Starting to come to the conclusion that TV is as bad as TO, just in the opposite direction with people gaming their times to up their proficiency score and removing the possibility of negative reviews for requesters that are so bad you don't complete the HIT.
I didn't want to be a dick, and knock something I haven't spent a lot of time on. And I'm not the best turker, but it seemed to have flaws. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose for batches, and there was one glitch that exported a hit at like $1,000 an hour. Which made me realize that I could make up anything for time.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Even though he has no hand in this .I have now lost respect for The Great Khali.
I'm kind of concerned that you had respect for The Great Khali in the first place, I remember him being pretty awful

Reactions: GTR and StarfoxJ

egryan1

Reaction score
I just don't understand how everybody thought it was bots to begin with, it just wouldn't be feasible to create a bot for surveys they are so different that I don't see you could make a bot that did enough of them to make it worth while

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kind of concerned that you had respect for The Great Khali in the first place, I remember him being pretty awful
jjajaogjoagnmagnaelkearnjalrwnwaljrnlewjnelw n

shut up, puny human
love, khali

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
For those of you that have the VacationrentalAPI qual how long did it take them to give it to you? I completed the 2nd part and it was approved and paid a few days ago, but no email yet on receiving the qualification.
They still had the 2nd qualification posted through yesterday, so they'll probably be making their decision during next week now that all of the stragglers have their responses submitted.

egryan1

Reaction score
I didn't want to be a dick, and knock something I haven't spent a lot of time on. And I'm not the best turker, but it seemed to have flaws. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose for batches, and there was one glitch that exported a hit at like $1,000 an hour. Which made me realize that I could make up anything for time.
Well the idea is that even there is one or two making fake times/rates that there are enough other people putting real data to offset it. Not sure how TV comes buy its average and not very good at statistics to begin with but maybe the need to trim the outliers to get a better true average

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Any time you refresh the HIT window while the survey is open it restarts the timer, so it's really easy to accidentally (or purposely) end up with really short times. I think putting in a system that notes how much faster you are on average than other workers is just begging for people to game it, and there's one user I have to specifically look for reviews from to see if they tilted the average completion time wildly.

LisaPisa

Reaction score
From the date of the 2nd qual hit to receiving the qual it was 3 days for me, but that's not taking into account the fact I might have been early or late in the cycle of taking it, since it was up for a few days to a week?

Reactions: Dragonfly

GTR

Reaction score
Any time you refresh the HIT window while the survey is open it restarts the timer, so it's really easy to accidentally (or purposely) end up with really short times. I think putting in a system that notes how much faster you are on average than other workers is just begging for people to game it, and there's one user I have to specifically look for reviews from to see if they tilted the average completion time wildly.
I think i know this user lol

egryan1

Reaction score
I wasn't sure how the did the timer part that's interesting.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Also, Audiokites were green on TV. I mean, wtf?

I think it was Audiokites.

Status
Not open for further replies.