09/20 - Toum Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Melatonin tends to give me and my kids nightmares\sleep terrors. It actually use to make my son have nightmares so bad he would wake up and vomit. His dr. said that when kids are under serious amounts of stress and don't know how to cope, it sometimes induces vomiting. We immediately stopped the Melatonin and havent had an issue since with his nightmares.
I have tried chamomile, but not in a long time. I have prescribed sleeping medication, but the problem is that they knock me out, HARD. So, in order to take it, I have to take it 10 hours before I need to be awake.
Maybe i should pick up some chamomile and give it a try again.
Valerian is also a sedative plant I've read about, I found it on a list of house plants safe for cats, but I've never tried it.

*takes the time to read the Valerian section of my previously mentioned herb book*

Okay it said Valerian is a smelly and unpleasant tasting thing but also definitely a sedative. So in my head, if sleep gets really rough for me again I'mma see if I can find a tea that has both chamomile and Valerian, and then drown that tea in milk and sugar.

edit: the book is 'the healing herbs' by Michael Castleman for anyone who is interested. Looks like there's an updated version I'm gonna look into later. But as for this version that I have, it has a regular single word index, a chart where you can look up herbs by what they help with (insomnia), and another chart where you can look up herbs by what you want them to do (sedative/tranquilizer). it's pretty neat and it has little stories and historys on each plant along with how to grow the plants, and any safety warnings on using the plants or essential oils. I'm a pretty big fan of this book. Jerami @Jerami because he likes details and cooking and might like it.

Last edited:

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
It's like the slogan for the new Nike AirCrackheads.:ROFL::ROFL:

Valerian is also a sedative plant I've read about, I found it on a list of house plants safe for cats, but I've never tried it.

*takes the time to read the Valerian section of my previously mentioned herb book*

Okay it said Valerian is a smelly and unpleasant tasting thing but also definitely a sedative. So in my head, if sleep gets really rough for me again I'mma see if I can find a tea that has both chamomile and Valerian, and then drown that tea in milk and sugar.
Lol. Let me know how it goes! I am interested in finding out!
It can't be any worse for you than the crap my doctor gives me.

Reactions: The Great Bread

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Lol. Let me know how it goes! I am interested in finding out!
It can't be any worse for you than the crap my doctor gives me.
You can get valerian in capsule form, where they take the ground root and put it into gelcaps. Then you don't have to deal with taste, smell(it smells of feet) or grit.:)
It's available everywhere. If you use swagbucks you could get it online and get some cash back. Also, if you get it on Walmart.com and use ibotta, you could probably double up on your cash back because they usually have a few generic "Any NatureMade supplement" or "any dietary supplement, any brand" cash back offers, and Swagbucks will give you a few % cashback for using walmart.com. So, you can save a bit combining them. Let me know if you don't use them and I can give you a referral. We both get a bonus, I believe.

Last edited:

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
You can get valerian in capsule form, where they take the ground root and put it into gelcaps. Then you don't have to deal with taste or grit.:)
It's available everywhere. If you use swagbucks you could get it online and get some cash back. Also, if you get it on Walmart.com and use ibotta, you could probably double up on your cash back because they usually have a few generic "Any NatureMade supplement" or "any dietary supplement, any brand" cash back offers, and Swagbucks will give you a few % cashback for using walmart.com. So, you can save a bit combining them. Let me know if you don't use them and I can give you a referral. We both get a bonus, I believe.
I think my husband uses all that. I will have to do some more research tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips and info! I think tomorrow is going to be a bit rough without any sleep!

Reactions: GTR and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think my husband uses all that. I will have to do some more research tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips and info! I think tomorrow is going to be a bit rough without any sleep!
If he doesn't, let me know. If he does, you should still sign up for what you can to maximize you revenue streams. Let me know if I can do anything to help.:)

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
If he doesn't, let me know. If he does, you should still sign up for what you can to maximize you revenue streams. Let me know if I can do anything to help.:)
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I will let you know either way tomorrow when I dig into it more!

Reactions: Jerami

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm always here but, feel free to PM or tag me.
Will do. Since there inst much happening on here, i might just look around the internet for a bit on that until the new forum starts. Did anyone grab dibbs yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.