09/19 - Talkative Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
HOTD 4:48 watch the 15 min timer

Title: Rate these foods on different properties (see description!)Accept
Requester: NIMH LBC [A19NRNR5Q3XN8T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.72][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Good][Rej=2][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.00][Fast=3.17][Comm=2.33][Fair=3.00][Reviews=12][ToS=0]
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 00:15:00
Available: 4
Description: In this HIT, you'll see various food pictures. We want you to rate these foods based on different health properties!
Qualifications: Friends DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
18 mins. 1 min unpaid screener
Title: Experiences and beliefs about exercise(~ 20 minutes)Accept
Requester: Isaac Lipkus [AHBH5RRH72TWC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.48][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.75][Fast=4.06][Comm=3.78][Fair=3.70][Reviews=35][ToS=0]
Reward: $3.25
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This study asks for your views about exercise
Qualifications: rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-179219112-429856] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

LumosDC

Reaction score
morning everyone.

fire alarms went off about 12:20am and went off for 5 minutes, but couldn't fall back asleep as it scared my cat like always. It's the second time in a week that the alarm went off and the third in under a month. Had about 5 hours of sleep after being up for 21 hours. A friend had to take his mom to the hospital, so I was staying up to hear from him as we knew going in that it was likely sepsis or stroke based on her symptoms/health history. It was a stroke and she was being moved to the ICU as he was leaving.

It's the second time in a week that the alarm went off and the third in under a month. Not sure if it's gone off while I'm not at home. My apartment building sent an email a couple of hours ago saying that they're taking "essential next steps to resolve this ongoing issue." Based on the smell and cigarette butts in the I've seen in the stairwell, someone couldn't be bothered to go all the way outside to smoke (the building's supposed to be smoke free). It causes the fire alarms in the stairwells to think that the fire has spread from the apartments/hallways and causes the smoke alarms in every apartment to go off.

cassius

Reaction score
morning everyone.

fire alarms went off about 12:20am and went off for 5 minutes, but couldn't fall back asleep as it scared my cat like always. It's the second time in a week that the alarm went off and the third in under a month. Had about 5 hours of sleep after being up for 21 hours. A friend had to take his mom to the hospital, so I was staying up to hear from him as we knew going in that it was likely sepsis or stroke based on her symptoms/health history. It was a stroke and she was being moved to the ICU as he was leaving.

It's the second time in a week that the alarm went off and the third in under a month. Not sure if it's gone off while I'm not at home. My apartment building sent an email a couple of hours ago saying that they're taking "essential next steps to resolve this ongoing issue." Based on the smell and cigarette butts in the I've seen in the stairwell, someone couldn't be bothered to go all the way outside to smoke (the building's supposed to be smoke free). It causes the fire alarms in the stairwells to think that the fire has spread from the apartments/hallways and causes the smoke alarms in every apartment to go off.
You're going to love this day: https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/emergency-alert-warning-youll-be-getting-these-messages-on-your-phone-and-tv-in-october/

On the other side, our maintenance did come in and replace our smoke detectors with better ones that don't go off all of the time. Got tired of them going off every time i opened the BR door after a shower.

HelloHello

Reaction score
good morning all! They're doing utility repairs across street from me - air compressors going and now a power saw
They are back outside my building too (7 hours yesterday) HOWEVER they have not been running the excessively noisy equipment so far this morning (just after 8:30 am now) so either they got complaints and will start later or they are doing different tasks in the same area.

• Grimacing
Reactions: jan

HelloHello

Reaction score
They are back outside my building too (7 hours yesterday) HOWEVER they have not been running the excessively noisy equipment so far this morning (just after 8:30 am now) so either they got complaints and will start later or they are doing different tasks in the same area.
OK, now the noise starts up

Status
Not open for further replies.