08/27 - Shirobako & Sakurasou Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas The Turk Engine

Island of Sodor
Reaction score
If when I did his hit it had a part where you had to enter your full name and e-mail address, it would be against the TOS though right? Because basically thats what will happen if I reply to this e-mail, he will have my name, e-mail, my mturk ID, DOB, sex, etc. I guess thats just why I haven't replied, seems kinda shady...

Reactions: <Gucci>

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
If when I did his hit it had a part where you had to enter your full name and e-mail address, it would be against the TOS though right? Because basically thats what will happen if I reply to this e-mail, he will have my name, e-mail, my mturk ID, DOB, sex, etc. I guess thats just why I haven't replied, seems kinda shady...
Right, a requester can't require you provide your name or email address in a HIT. That is a TOS violation.

If you reply to his email, he will have your name, email, and whatever demographics you provide. It sounds like he just screwed up in his HIT and forgot to ask for the demographics in the HIT itself and is now trying to fix it.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
although that's a really high amount for speed some areas just suck for coverage. If he's willing to let you try it out for free for a month i'd say go for it. i think you'll be able to make up the difference and then some provided that you're properly pandaing stuff and not leaving the timers too long
Ya: "Proper panading." Insightful and absolutely correct [ OW!!!! F***ing s***. ................... Pardon me - I just about burned my balls off with cigarette ashes ] That is a skill I've not mastered ("pandain," not bur .... ).

Thanks again, Drwho10 @Drwho10 And no need to reply, sir. I don't want you to feel like you're in an endless loop. :)

Reactions: Drwho10
D

Deleted member 481

55k a9s still?!? Thought you masters would have it knocked out already :p

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There are no HITs available for you at this time. Please try again tomorrow.

Great... now wtf do I do for the rest of the night. :/

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Right, a requester can't require you provide your name or email address in a HIT. That is a TOS violation.

If you reply to his email, he will have your name, email, and whatever demographics you provide. It sounds like he just screwed up in his HIT and forgot to ask for the demographics in the HIT itself and is now trying to fix it.
That's exactly what happened to the special Veterans HIT of a few days or a week ago. I just eMailed the guy the info he needed ( ... but he did bonus us a dime, which was nice of him).

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Ya: "Proper panading." Insightful and absolutely correct [ OW!!!! F***ing s***. ................... Pardon me - I just about burned my balls off with cigarette ashes ] That is a skill I've not mastered ("pandain," not bur .... ).

Thanks again, Drwho10 @Drwho10 And no need to reply, sir. I don't want you to feel like you're in an endless loop. :)
:eek: careful don't want to burn the house down

Reactions: ChristopherASA
Status
Not open for further replies.