08/27 - Shirobako & Sakurasou Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Great. Thank you all. Will be looking into creating some surveys in order to build a portfolio for getting entry into big data or market research. There's still so much for me to learn about survey creation.
Semi-related: I was browsing classes on Coursera today and saw quite a few big data and market research related courses, if you haven't already checked that out.

SamBurger

Reaction score
Semi-related: I was browsing classes on Coursera today and saw quite a few big data and market research related courses, if you haven't already checked that out.
Thank you I'll be sure to check those out. I've been checking out some courses on Udacity for Data Scientist by Google. Their nanodegree program looks pretty good, except I don't have $200/month to pay for that as of right now. I can still access all the material even without officially taking the program however.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Great. Thank you all. Will be looking into creating some surveys in order to build a portfolio for getting entry into big data or market research. There's still so much for me to learn about survey creation.
The main thing: Pay good. well. a lot. And give us first crack.

Reactions: Cmoney

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you I'll be sure to check those out. I've been checking out some courses on Udacity for Data Scientist by Google. Their nanodegree program looks pretty good, except I don't have $200/month to pay for that as of right now. I can still access all the material even without officially taking the program however.
Send out a qual for MTC forum members only. :p

SamBurger

Reaction score
The main thing: Pay good. well. a lot. And give us first crack.
Oh I know, I've been a turker for awhile now. Better to have great reviews on turkopticon than to scam workers for a few pennies. Only been recently looking into becoming a requester so I can try to develop a career utilizing my degree with mturk.

Reactions: T. Leela

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

SamBurger

Reaction score
Coursera started charging now? I remember it used to be free.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
I really hope when the color a9's get sorted at the mothership they remember that every monitor has a slightly different profile & etc
I was thinking about that. My guess is they have the same sets rated many times and use the answer people give most.

Reactions: Dutchy

Thomas The Turk Engine

Island of Sodor
Reaction score
Did anyone else get an e-mail from Kraemer Lab about the $5 Image comparison hit? Saying he forgot to add a demographics section to the hit and wants you to fill in the info and reply to the e-mail? It was the hit comparing like door handles to bridges and electric towers and stuff like that. Should I reply or is this unsafe? He has sent me three e-mails now, the last one is saying I can reply through mturk if im concerned about using my personal e-mail, but from what I've read messaging a requester through mturk shows your e-mail, name, etc. The hit is still pending approval, just wondering what I should do.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else get an e-mail from Kraemer Lab about the $5 Image comparison hit? Saying he forgot to add a demographics section to the hit and wants you to fill in the info and reply to the e-mail? It was the hit comparing like door handles to bridges and electric towers and stuff like that. Should I reply or is this unsafe? He has sent me three e-mails now, the last one is saying I can reply through mturk if im concerned about using my personal e-mail, but from what I've read messaging a requester through mturk shows your e-mail, name, etc. The hit is still pending approval, just wondering what I should do.
If you reply to him then yes, it will show your email and your name. There's no way to send message to a requester without revealing that. You could reply and ask him to post a second HIT for people who did that first HIT, where the workers can provide their demographics and then he can match up the worker IDs between the two HITs.

Status
Not open for further replies.