08/27 - Minty Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raisinpaw

Reaction score
I'm new here, and to mturk! Started earlier this month. I just returned a hit because I have no idea what was expected of me. I can't post any links because I don't have 3 posts yet, but its rewriting sentences/questions for a chatbot, from requester Kasisto - Primary. The goal is to rewrite the question in my own words, that would receive the same answer. Seems easy enough. Except then I'm given 3 redundant questions, each with a capitalized word, and the sentence needs to work as a substitute for all 3 questions, AND my sentence must include all the capitalized words! "I want to know about EVERY ONE of them" "Can you tell me about ALL three of them?" and "the T D SIMPLE one"... Very easy to rewrite the sentence and keep the meaning, but I'm completely lost on how I was supposed to incorporate all "ALL, EVERY ONE, and T D SIMPLE" (what the heck does T D SIMPLE mean?" it looked pretty darn straight forward before i clicked accept! I tried to submit using only one of the keywords but it gave me an error. So, returned.

JDWFM

Reaction score
"You'll be getting a $8.366666666666667 bonus within 48 hours! Press any key to complete the experiment."

Good guy round up.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm new here, and to mturk! Started earlier this month. I just returned a hit because I have no idea what was expected of me. I can't post any links because I don't have 3 posts yet, but its rewriting sentences/questions for a chatbot, from requester Kasisto - Primary. The goal is to rewrite the question in my own words, that would receive the same answer. Seems easy enough. Except then I'm given 3 redundant questions, each with a capitalized word, and the sentence needs to work as a substitute for all 3 questions, AND my sentence must include all the capitalized words! "I want to know about EVERY ONE of them" "Can you tell me about ALL three of them?" and "the T D SIMPLE one"... Very easy to rewrite the sentence and keep the meaning, but I'm completely lost on how I was supposed to incorporate all "ALL, EVERY ONE, and T D SIMPLE" (what the heck does T D SIMPLE mean?" it looked pretty darn straight forward before i clicked accept! I tried to submit using only one of the keywords but it gave me an error. So, returned.
Kasistos have seemed broken/wonky lately, it's usually a simple rewrite task with no keywords that need to be included, or only a single keyword. These ones lately make no sense, it's not just you.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I emailed them and sat it aside. Do you know what this numbers hit is called, the game?
Good luck!

Title: New EASIER Whack-a-number game! BONUS up to $7! Headphones required. | Accept
Requester: bfm_res [A2DBP0Z0FTUI0Q] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=2.85] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.64] [Reviews=19] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 3300
Available: 1
Description: Easy BONUS up to $7 depending on performance! 20-30 minutes total. Simple game but requires endurance (~25 mins of alertness for best bonus). Timeout in 45.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought they were odd -- the ones that were too complicated, like three keywords, I returned.

charlie

Reaction score
contrary to the instructions, each of the kasisto hits requires that all the keywords be used which means at times you will end up summarizing all three 3 sample sentences/combining into one single statement or question.. grammatically the questions or statements you end up writing may be a bit weird to see but they're actually not difficult once you get the hang of it.

charlie

Reaction score
contrary to the instructions, each of the kasisto hits requires that all the keywords be used which means at times you will end up summarizing all three 3 sample sentences/combining into one single statement or question.. grammatically the questions or statements you end up writing may be a bit weird to see but they're actually not difficult once you get the hang of it.
oh also, welcome to our little group!

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
how many hours have you turked today?

Jerami @Jerami

Reactions: Jerami

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
you're the veteran here lol. I'm the newbie compared to you :D
I'm not that old of a member here -- I've only been here like 5 months longer than you. and 6 months longer with my previous user (I think it was 6 months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
All-ish. I took a break for an hour. Probably zoned out for another. Maybe even a third wasted on the forum.
Oh, and half an hour on coffee and 15 on breakfast.
EDIT I also shopped for about 45. So, the whole day minus like 4 hours.

DBL EDIT But, I just emptied(finished) my queue. So, I think a bit of a break is due.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.