08/20 - Artificial Intelligence Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If you did the survey to the very very end then you'll understand why I put it up. That's all I can say without survey content.
Yeah I got it lol

Reactions: cassius

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Your babies are still babies......
(I worked when my daughter was young - it was so hard!)
If I wait 2 years, the youngest will be in preschool, so that might be a little more realistic (I'm excited because she will LOVE preschool, whereas my son is iffy about it)... We don't need my income to pay the bills, but we want to do the whole 'financial independence' thing so a bigger cashflow would really help with that.

jan

Reaction score
I keep seeing him in my feedm just never did his hits, what are they like?
Usually rating videos or categorizing them. He's had some batches up that lasted for days (that was many moons ago, now!)

Reactions: NemoRolls

jan

Reaction score
If I wait 2 years, the youngest will be in preschool, so that might be a little more realistic (I'm excited because she will LOVE preschool, whereas my son is iffy about it)... We don't need my income to pay the bills, but we want to do the whole 'financial independence' thing so a bigger cashflow would really help with that.
and then there's college :). My daughter has some money already - so she could go to some colleges. But the high priced ones require me to get out there and get a job. I've been putting it off for over a year - mostly because I'm afraid to get back out there. And then there are niggly things about my license (have to retake a test because it expired) and my age.........
But for us it's time. The honest truth is, I LOVE working. If someone magically offered me a job tomorrow, I'd be thrilled.
It's the getting a job thing that I am scared of :(.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score

Bokamo

Reaction score
Tripping into the conversation late as usual, but that's where I am too. I've been applying for 3rd shift jobs so I can still run my kids to the bajillion and one places they have to go lol.

Bokamo

Reaction score
and then there's college :). My daughter has some money already - so she could go to some colleges. But the high priced ones require me to get out there and get a job. I've been putting it off for over a year - mostly because I'm afraid to get back out there. And then there are niggley things about my license (have to retake a test because it expired) and my age.........
But for us it's time. The honest truth is, I LOVE working. If someone magically offered me a job tomorrow, I'd be thrilled.
A few years ago I hopped back into the work force after being a WAHM for over 10 years and I was terrified too. That they would see this old lady going against these young, hungry 20-somethings. Figured out that just LIFE experience does count for something. Later on, when I was in charge of HR, I know I was more likely to hire a more mature person (all other things equal-degree, experience, etc.). I'm not sure what your background is, but it will hopefully be easier than you think! Good luck!!!

Minx2121

Reaction score
That's what I am doing, waiting until both my kids are in school before going back to regular work. My youngest is 14 months and I worked while being a single mom with my first for awhile, it was not fun lol. Now I actually enjoy working :)

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
and then there's college :). My daughter has some money already - so she could go to some colleges. But the high priced ones require me to get out there and get a job. I've been putting it off for over a year - mostly because I'm afraid to get back out there. And then there are niggley things about my license (have to retake a test because it expired) and my age.........
I have to say, and I realize that no harm/abuse was intended, but I find it a bit one sided when I get mod-edited for using niggardly in a sentence correctly, and you are using a shortened form of the same word

jan

Reaction score
A few years ago I hopped back into the work force after being a WAHM for over 10 years and I was terrified too. That they would see this old lady going against these young, hungry 20-somethings. Figured out that just LIFE experience does count for something. Later on, when I was in charge of HR, I know I was more likely to hire a more mature person (all other things equal-degree, experience, etc.). I'm not sure what your background is, but it will hopefully be easier than you think! Good luck!!!
MSW
I hope it's easier, too! I've been volunteering for almost a year, now. So, I figure that helps on my resume. I don't actually even need that much money, to be okay. Just a small amount and health insurance (!) and we'd be okay.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah... I am afraid of trying to get a job and failing. And I really just want something I can forget about at the end of the day. Before I had kids I was in operations/production support and they expected us to care/be available all the time (we were compensated for caring, but I don't want a life-fulfilling career, just work that I can do well). My ideal job ever since I was a kid is person-who-checks-people's-books-out-at-the-library, but I didn't go to school for that :ROFL:

Tripping into the conversation late as usual, but that's where I am too. I've been applying for 3rd shift jobs so I can still run my kids to the bajillion and one places they have to go lol.
I'm thinking about that! But since we afford to wait for something 'ideal' I don't think I will. I'm thinking about medical billing since I have a friend who has been in it for ... I don't know.. 20 some years, and got both of her daughters-in-law into it and certified but they aren't that interested in doing it. She said she would help me out (and she just got a really nice salary-work from home job, which is what I want, lol!).

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
I have to say, and I realize that no harm/abuse was intended, but I find it a bit one sided when I get mod-edited for using niggardly in a sentence correctly, and you are using a shortened form of the same word
I think I put an e in and I shouldn't have. It should read niggly
I do know the etymology of the other word. I don't use it anymore (but I understand what you are saying). I remember talking about it in a class I was teaching years ago. I brought it up to students because I had heard of another Professor being fired for using it (unfair, I know).
It's the way of the world, though.....

Last edited:
Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I put an e in and I shouldn't have.
I do know the etymology of the other word. I don't use it anymore (but I understand what you are saying). I remember talking about it in a class I was teaching years ago. I brought it up to students because I had heard of another Professor being fired for using it (unfair, I know).
It's the way of the world, though.....
I imagine slaves were called the similar word because of the definition of this word; little value.

Reactions: Despairagus

Bokamo

Reaction score
MSW
I hope it's easier, too! I've been volunteering for almost a year, now. So, I figure that helps on my resume. I don't actually even need that much money, to be okay. Just a small amount and health insurance (!) and we'd be okay.
Hey, I know of a job opening! LOL! I worked for a small domestic violence non-profit (my primary duties were in finance/grant compliance) and I know there are many openings for client advocates in that field nationwide. I so admire those who do hands on work in those fields, I don't have the mental ability to handle that. You'll be fine!!! (And work your volunteering connections!!!)

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning!!!

Talking about working...I'm hoping to work next year. I actually could of gotten a teaching job this year, but we decided for me to stay home and just focus on getting the classes over with. I don't feel prepared at all to be a teacher.

Speaking of classes, mine start this Wednesday. Mturk should be picking back up with all the colleges starting back!

jan

Reaction score
I imagine slaves were called the similar word because of the definition of this word; little value.
Well, idk. You are right (I just looked it up - the etymology). It doesn't sound like the other word.....so I'm guessing in public I wouldn't be called out for it.
Interesting. I'm taking that under advisement :)

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning all.

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat.

When my son is old enough for school I am seriously considering jumping back into a career in real estate, which I was studying for before my daughter was born.

We don't need the money since turking pays all the utilities and we don't have any debt but I really enjoy the real estate process and for me it seems like a hell of a way to make some extra money without feeling the pressure that I HAVE to sell so many houses to avoid going broke.

It would just be nice without dealing with the b.s. of turking.

Status
Not open for further replies.