08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Has mturk ever not been dying?
You aren't kidding about that. People are always on that chicken little shit when it comes to money making online. I will say my cell phone farm died a pretty sudden and absolute death.

Reactions: SCOTTM
Reaction score
One HIT at a time? I'm not getting it. I'm trying to catch 3-6 HITs at a time there.
Uh... Are you running 3-6 Watchers at a time on HIT Catcher?

It doesn't seem to let me add more than one is what I'm saying and you have to repress the catch button to get another one after it picks up the first one. From what I can tell so far.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to let me add more than one is what I'm saying and you have to repress the catch button to get another one after it picks up the first one. From what I can tell so far.
If you hit the cog to go into settings, there's a button that says "once" with a check mark. Have you unchecked that sucker? Sorry if this is dumb or not relevant...

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment | Accept
Requester: Cory Derringer [AK5OM4OI14DIP] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.88] [Fast=4.91] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.50
Duration: 18000
Available: 1
Description: You will complete a series of brief judgment tasks. This is a research study being conducted through the University of Pittsburgh.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Panda this. 15 mins and $2.28 Bonus.

SCOTTM

Reaction score
/r/beermoney was more helpful to me for mturk than the actual mturk subreddit
That's were I started beer money reddit. I learned phone farms and Swagbucks first. Both kind of dead now compared to what they once were though.

Reactions: Despairagus

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: An academic survey about how you use food information when shopping. | Accept
Requester: Debra J. Ringold [A33XTIOSS3JNYG] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.75] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.80] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.49] [Pen=1.52 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=20%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 900
Available: 1
Description: Opinions about information when food shopping. (workers previously completing this survey will not be able to participate in this round)
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I... don't know what's going on with your Catcher. All I can tell you is it lets me add as many as I want. That is it's default so dig around the settings. It's not supposed to do that.

Reactions: stuffalleysays

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Uh... Are you running 3-6 Watchers at a time on HIT Catcher?
Too many people don't understand what a PandA is these days. They started with scripts and as long as it catches HITs for them they're happy, they don't care how it works. I kind of want to see support for all the main scripts stop just to watch the ensuing chaos. :devil:

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

Reactions: Krikket

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Panda this. 15 mins and $2.28 Bonus.
That's cool. It's in my queue now. Long timer, I love that. I should just go ahead and do it. I'm not getting much today but I am dicking around on here. I made $100 Monday and Tuesday. I'm happy about that. Monday was a $60 day for me. Almost record day, but not quite.

Reactions: Trucker

Piro

Here not There
Reaction score
My patience was forged through tabs of Check4Change and managing individual refresh rates to avoid PREs. Kids these days have it easy :LOL:

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Too many people don't understand what a PandA is these days. They started with scripts and as long as it catches HITs for them they're happy, they don't care how it works. I kind of want to see support for all the main scripts stop just to watch the ensuing chaos. :devil:
That would be a rough couple of days for the Mods/Mentors/OG Turkers.

Reactions: Jaded and TSolo315

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
S

Something I've noticed from Reddit threads is, if a new MTurker doesn't figure out how to use MTS or PC pretty quickly they get frustrated and give up on MTurk.
By design, if you frustrate the new competition they'll fade away. it isn't in their interest to encourage someone to do well. I on the other hand think there is a happier medium. I don't want to spoonfeed you every juicy morsel I pluck out for myself, but it does me no good to allow someone to perform hits in a shit manner or encourage bad habits. It is in my interest to see that others do well, perform well, and create happy requesters.

MechaC

Find me on a cloud
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hi there! I wanted to say thanks for doing my HITs yesterday ("Ask and answer questions about an image"). I was impressed by your work overall and wanted to give you bonus as thanks, particularly because the instructions were long and complicated. I hope to post more similar HITs soon and will try to streamline the format + make instructions clearer. Thanks again

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
I'm genuinely flattered, which is kinda sad

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was feeling the exact same thing yesterday. I don't feel enough people have any Turk101 under their belt. So many people were referring to PC as just panda that I couldn't figure out what was going on and had to go HITS Only. (For anyone who doesn't but should know, PandA is short for preview and accept, and is the basis for any "hitgrabber" and can be done without a script or an extension) People are diving in the deep end because they see everyone else there and wondering why they are having trouble swimming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.