08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
yea on c-sats with PC all I do is turn it on search and it grabs as many as it can, not sure if that what you mean
Dawg, I don't know what C-SATS stands for. I just looked it up and didn't get an answer. But the google hits did mention the surgeon video I was talking about.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Repeated Choice Experiment; Up-to $5.75 for ~15 min | Accept
Requester: System Dynamics Lab [A3PW9KN071DNX4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.29] [Pay=3.75] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.89] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.50] [Fair=4.80] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 2400
Available: 1
Description: A two part HIT: 1) initial qualification survey (5 min, $0.25 - $0.75) 2) Repeated choice experiment (8-13 min, $2 - $5)
Qualifications: hvdTaken DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
S
Nah that's 100 different people running a requester search for them in PC.
You could grab them raw off the marketplace before PC came in to existence.

While I'm thankful for PC it's another example of how public scripts do little more than decrease the availability of work.
Something I've noticed from Reddit threads is, if a new MTurker doesn't figure out how to use MTS or PC pretty quickly they get frustrated and give up on MTurk.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I blame you for making me read that nonsense. Somebody doesn't know how to use MTS and made an ominous thread about it. lol
"It's a poor musician that blames the instrument"
Seriously dude, you need to stay off of the MTurk subreddit. It's cancer and full of negative people... And frankly there's little more to learn from it after your first few weeks Turking.
I said that too. I've been there now, 3 times. All useless.

MechaC

Find me on a cloud
Reaction score
Seriously dude, you need to stay off of the MTurk subreddit. It's cancer and full of negative people... And frankly there's nothing more to learn from it past most peoples' first few weeks Turking.
That's definitely true, but that subreddit does have a lot of helpful people in it, some of them basically set up my whole mturk arsenal of scripts and stuff. But of course, the people who know best on reddit will tell you to come to this forum anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerami

jmr

Reaction score
And I am still waiting, I was kind of hoping to wake up to a resolution. I'm so nervous about them and they are preventing me from using my buffer room until they clear, which as you know means losing out on money. I'm a few hundred shy of 10k and have 1 rejection on the books, I have a little wiggle room, but not the numbers that many of these other fine turkers have amassed.
Mom has been in remission a while now, which is great! But that 6 hour round trip to Iowa City several times a week is not missed at all! Sorry about your dad, I hope he is doing well it's weird because I was never scared that mom was going to die, as if I just knew she would be alright. My dad passed when I was 16 and I had a son pass in his infancy but I kind of knew it was coming where they were concerned, with mom it just never crossed my mind as an option, if that makes sense
Sorry, got hit with a migraine and had to relax for a bit. As for Rose, I'm just like.. should I write her again? Should I write to someone else? I know it's not that big of a deal but it just pisses me off!!
Glad to hear your mom is in remission. My dad passed 3 years ago, it's okay, but yes I know exactly what you mean - he was diagnosed/passed within 6 months so it never really was something we thought about either. I am so so sorry to hear about your dad and son <3

Reactions: stuffalleysays

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Dawg, I don't know what C-SATS stands for. I just looked it up and didn't get an answer. But the google hits did mention the surgeon video I was talking about.
yea, those are the surgeon videos where you rate the skill. Pay ain't all that great but if I'm bored I'll do them. Also depends on who's around me, I got chewed out pretty good for the grand daughter watching one

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
S

Something I've noticed from Reddit threads is, if a new MTurker doesn't figure out how to use MTS or PC pretty quickly they get frustrated and give up on MTurk.
I think the problem is that they go to reddit in the first place. That's mistake one.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
go back and look at what posted and read the TO. The numbers are there.

As I have said, I cannot get into T.O.

I try to grab hits within seconds of them being posted. Many times they are gone in seconds as well if you don't have a panda set up. Anyone can catch it, and check it out before they do it seeing as there is no penalty for returning a HIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.