08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone interested, Duolingo has an excellent course on Latin. I encourage everyone considering learning a 2nd or 3rd language to consider it. It's a fascinating root of nearly all western languages. You learn Latin and it becomes super easy to learn Spanish, Italian, French, German.
I was trying duolingo for japanese, but... after like a month, it's always just ...more of the same
that's why I was recommending LingoDeer to themildone @themildone for spanish

but it doesn't have latin. most of what I know of latin is what I guess from what I know of spanish and italian [and english, since there are so many cognates]

Last edited:
Reactions: SCOTTM and sofaslug

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was trying duolingo for japanese, but... after like a month, it's always just ...more of the same
that's why I was recommending LingoDeer to themildone @themildone for spanish

but it doesn't have latin. most of what I know of latin is what I guess from what I know of spanish and italian
I don't really like duolingo much, it gives a good basis but that's about it. I tried lingodeer and honestly didn't really like that one, either. Busuu is my favorite of the ones I've tried. I've learned a lot from it and still have TONS of content to go through.

Reactions: sofaslug

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really like duolingo much, it gives a good basis but that's about it. I tried lingodeer and honestly didn't really like that one, either. Busuu is my favorite of the ones I've tried. I've learned a lot from it and still have TONS of content to go through.
the reason I like lingodeer is literally because the lessons are more changed up than duolingo.
duolingo uses the same audio files for each sound, and there were SO many incorrectly programmed 'wrong' answers
and each lesson follows the same format, every single time, to the point where you can eventually do a task without hearing or reading
lingodeer has those speaking parts, listening parts, etc.. but maybe their spanish course is what's bad, i don't know. the japanese course was decent

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have a confession.

On Friday, to hit goal, I grabbed my tablet and did 500 A9s. I feel like a horrible human being.
:ave:
the reason I like lingodeer is literally because the lessons are more changed up than duolingo.
duolingo uses the same audio files for each sound, and there were SO many incorrectly programmed 'wrong' answers
and each lesson follows the same format, every single time, to the point where you can eventually do a task without hearing or reading
agreed on both points. I need more fill-in-the-blanks and sentence translation practice than duolingo offers.

Reactions: sofaslug

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
:ave:

agreed on both points. I need more fill-in-the-blanks and sentence translation practice than duolingo offers.
Sigues buscando otro programa de idiomas?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sigues buscando otro programa de idiomas?
ummm I'm still using Busuu but I wouldn't mind trying something else in addition. I can read it and listen to it pretty well, but I'm having a really hard time writing/speaking my own sentences.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Image Keyword Task | Accept
Requester: Ryan Buell [A2N0MYXIGB16RK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.57] [Pay=4.66] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=4.97] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.94] [Reviews=89] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.99] [Pen=0.24 days] [Res=null] [Rec=93%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 900
Available: 1
Description: In this research study, which investigates performance and perceptions, participants engage in a 7-minute task in exchange for $1.00. The task involves guessing keywords that go along with a series of randomly-chosen photos. Participants will also be aske
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Matches DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Image Keyword Task | Accept
Requester: Ryan Buell [A2N0MYXIGB16RK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.57] [Pay=4.66] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=4.97] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.94] [Reviews=89] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.99] [Pen=0.24 days] [Res=null] [Rec=93%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 900
Description: In this research study, which investigates performance and perceptions, participants engage in a 7-minute task in exchange for $1.00. The task involves guessing keywords that go along with a series of randomly-chosen photos. Participants will also be aske
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Matches DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I feel like this kind of messed up for me and skipped an important part. Don't want to go into more detail because survey content, but did anyone else experience something similar?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I feel like this kind of messed up for me and skipped an important part. Don't want to go into more detail because survey content, but did anyone else experience something similar?
I had to open the survey in another tab at one point, but I don't think I missed anything.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I usually miss a morning of turking midweek to do chores and grocery store. I may have to move that to Mondays, because I don't think the requesters like to get going at the first of the week.

Reactions: sofaslug and LucyO

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
On a positive note, I was not trying to turk at all this weekend since I was out of town, but every time I opened my email I had a quick follow up survey or a bonus, so somehow I managed to get some $$$ for very little activity.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
4:30. Decent:

Title: Social Attitudes and Law Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Roland Nadler [A2IMWCWQJRMB5P] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 5400
Description: A ten-minute academic survey on the legal system and social attitudes
Qualifications: Exc: [3166782-101688] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.