08/05 - Why is it Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short (under 10 minutes) academic marketing survey (#0012). | Accept
Requester: EC [A3OJEF4P7JEB0K] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.54] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.48] [Fast=4.78] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.50] [Reviews=38] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 0
Description: Short academic marketing survey (#0012) which includes a writing task followed by questions about social media behavior.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

PandaThief

Reaction score
under 2 min

Title: COVID-19 & Business Restrictions | Accept
Requester: Clemson Psychology [A3W20E7XD9O6U7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$25.32] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.34] [Comm=3.87] [Fair=4.13] [Reviews=93] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.72
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Answer a survey about your opinions on the recent Coronavirus outbreak and its impact on businesses. This survey will take about 10 minutes to complete.

Reactions: themildone

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody here homeschool or thinking about homeschooling because of covid?
We strongly considered it. My town is very small though. We decided to let the kids go back. Our son is starting 6th grade and its important to him to be there with his friends.

Reactions: 4ourfuture

Minx2121

Reaction score
I did want to homeschool anyway but since my son had been in public school and wanted to stay there I was going to let him go but not anymore, we are homeschooling.

Reactions: 4ourfuture

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We strongly considered it. My town is very small though. We decided to let the kids go back. Our son is starting 6th grade and its important to him to be there with his friends.
Mine is in preschool and I know he needs the social development, but I'm just so nervous about sending him. It's a fairly big school and I don't know how they're going to enforce any kind of social distancing or anything.
I did want to homeschool anyway but since my son had been in public school and wanted to stay there I was going to let him go but not anymore, we are homeschooling.
Have you ever homeschooled before? I have SO MANY QUESTIONS lol

PandaThief

Reaction score
5 min

Title: 15 minute- Research Study: Answer questions about yourself and respond to a workplace situation | Accept
Requester: Lynne Vincent [A35NZEO03E73BW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.28] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.85] [Fast=4.93] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=29] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: This 15 minute survey examines how people see themselves and react to situations at work. You will be asked to indicate how much different descriptions fit you. Then you will read some information about a social issue and a workplace incident.

Reactions: infomista

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about consumer products | Accept
Requester: Jacob Fobean [A1ERJ7Y9S2ATE3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.90] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 20:00
Description: Give us your opinions about consumer products

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is in preschool and I know he needs the social development, but I'm just so nervous about sending him. It's a fairly big school and I don't know how they're going to enforce any kind of social distancing or anything.

Have you ever homeschooled before? I have SO MANY QUESTIONS lol
I think it is unique to each situation. We are very fortunate that our town only has about 30 kids in each grade.
My kids are older and understand that they are to be careful.
I would of preferred to homeschool, but my preteen should feel his voice heard. So we discussed and said he can go back. but we agreed to switch to homeschooling at any point his dad and I become uncomfortable.

shellsy515

Reaction score
Bonus of up to $4.00
Title: Psychology Experiment - Fun, challenging learning game | PANDA
Requester: Bramley Computational Cognitive Science Lab [A1VJ49B30SB9S1]
TurkerView: [ $12.46 / hour ]
Description: This experiment takes around 15-25 minutes & pays between $1.50 and $6.50 depending on performance.
Duration: 240 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
  • Location EqualTo US
[3TM075AKFL1S4OWT6WTIKTX855FC21]

Reactions: infomista

Charlene22

Reaction score
My mother homeschooled me from k-12. Every year she asked me if I wanted to go to school but I always said no, lol. So I know quite a bit about the process if you are looking for info.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My mother homeschooled me from k-12. Every year she asked me if I wanted to go to school but I always said no, lol. So I know quite a bit about the process if you are looking for info.
YES omg. I made a thread in the social discussions forum but this is basically what I'm asking
  1. Any tips on how to find a curriculum that's cheap and/or free that is actually good? there's so many and I don't know how to choose one
  2. Any tips on keeping him focused and keeping me patient? I've tried doing flashcards and little workbooks with him. He's good for about 3 minutes, then he starts giving joke answers and trying to play, and I get SO frustrated.
  3. I'd love any resources for exactly how to homeschool. schedules, organizing, any tips like that

Charlene22

Reaction score
YES omg. I made a thread in the social discussions forum but this is basically what I'm asking
  1. Any tips on how to find a curriculum that's cheap and/or free that is actually good? there's so many and I don't know how to choose one
  2. Any tips on keeping him focused and keeping me patient? I've tried doing flashcards and little workbooks with him. He's good for about 3 minutes, then he starts giving joke answers and trying to play, and I get SO frustrated.
  3. I'd love any resources for exactly how to homeschool. schedules, organizing, any tips like that
OK, so for the first question, that really depends on you. My mom went through the school system and got public school books for me until middle school. Back then homeschooling was considered taboo and the principal at the middle school gave her a hard time so she started choosing her own curriculum which was Bob Jones University books. I'm sure there are so many more options for curriculum's now, though.
As for staying focused, since he is in preschool I would do short days and maybe even just a short lessen at a time, then when he starts getting wild, move on to something fun for a while. Try to find fun games that are still interactive and good for learning. There are lots of free sites that have fun little learning games on them. (ABC mouse did have a free month, not sure if they still do.)
As for scheduling, since he's so young, I'd just try to get in a typical routine. Waking up at certain times, working on learning at a certain time, lunch, etc. As he gets older, if you choose to still homeschool, make sure you plan your schedules in advance. My mom always sat down and planned out all our lessens for the whole year, numbers of pages that we were going to be doing in each book every day. That way, as I got older, I could get her book and look up what we needed to do next and go on without her having to sit there with me every second. I could also get done with my work super fast some days and have the whole rest of the day to do as I pleased.
I say google free sites for preschoolers, even print some workbooks out.

• Love
Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
OK, so for the first question, that really depends on you. My mom went through the school system and got public school books for me until middle school. Back then homeschooling was considered taboo and the principal at the middle school gave her a hard time so she started choosing her own curriculum which was Bob Jones University books. I'm sure there are so many more options for curriculum's now, though.
As for staying focused, since he is in preschool I would do short days and maybe even just a short lessen at a time, then when he starts getting wild, move on to something fun for a while. Try to find fun games that are still interactive and good for learning. There are lots of free sites that have fun little learning games on them. (ABC mouse did have a free month, not sure if they still do.)
As for scheduling, since he's so young, I'd just try to get in a typical routine. Waking up at certain times, working on learning at a certain time, lunch, etc. As he gets older, if you choose to still homeschool, make sure you plan your schedules in advance. My mom always sat down and planned out all our lessens for the whole year, numbers of pages that we were going to be doing in each book every day. That way, as I got older, I could get her book and look up what we needed to do next and go on without her having to sit there with me every second. I could also get done with my work super fast some days and have the whole rest of the day to do as I pleased.
I say google free sites for preschoolers, even print some workbooks out.
thanks so much for answering! Definitely a lot to think about.

• Love
Reactions: Charlene22

freekshow420

Reaction score
for those who did part 1

Title: Follow Up Survey #1 about your COVID-19 experiences • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3R69OQ7QJRD784P4AM0ZHM8DN8YPCW/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/3R69OQ7QJRD784P4AM0ZHM8DN8YPCW/tasks/accept_random
Requester: Northwestern Med School • https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/A1GN68BMWPJFIO/projects
TV: No Reviews • https://turkerview.com/requesters/A1GN68BMWPJFIO
TO No Reviews • https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A1GN68BMWPJFIO
TO2 No Reviews • https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A1GN68BMWPJFIO
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This survey is to understand people’s experiences during the pandemic. You have already been deemed eligible. Please remember to paste your survey code into the box upon completion.
Qualifications: MTurk ID EqualTo 77

carebear10993

Reaction score
I homeschooled my kids before Covid.
My kids are 8y and 4th grade, 6y and 1st grade, 2y(3 next week) doing preschool/ sensory.

cathyduffyreviews . com has a lot of reviews on different on curriculums. We started back Aug. 3th so we cna take a week off in Sept. for vacation and 2 weeks off in Dec for Christmas.

QUOTE="themildone, post: 1693886, member: 52"]
[/QUOTE]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I homeschooled my kids before Covid.
My kids are 8y and 4th grade, 6y and 1st grade, 2y(3 next week) doing preschool/ sensory.

cathyduffyreviews . com has a lot of reviews on different on curriculums. We started back Aug. 3th so we cna take a week off in Sept. for vacation and 2 weeks off in Dec for Christmas.

QUOTE="themildone, post: 1693886, member: 52"]
[/QUOTE]
thanks so much! I'll check that out now.

Reactions: carebear10993
Status
Not open for further replies.