08/05 - Why is it Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minx2121

Reaction score
Mine is in preschool and I know he needs the social development, but I'm just so nervous about sending him. It's a fairly big school and I don't know how they're going to enforce any kind of social distancing or anything.

Have you ever homeschooled before? I have SO MANY QUESTIONS lol
Haha I actually have not homeschooled before but have learned A LOT over the last year. My son has been in public school up until now. I am still conflicted honestly but homeschool works best for our situation and what the schools are having to go through. For socializing there are homeschool groups all over, some do weekly or monthly meetups or even do classes together.

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Haha I actually have not homeschooled before but have learned A LOT over the last year. My son has been in public school up until now. I am still conflicted honestly but homeschool works best for our situation and what the schools are having to go through. For socializing there are homeschool groups all over, some do weekly or monthly meetups or even do classes together.
I don't really want to homeschool, I think he would benefit way more from going to school, but I'm just too nervous to send him with Covid still climbing like it is. I'm still worried I'm going to set him back by keeping him home, though :(

Reactions: Minx2121

PandaThief

Reaction score
I don't really want to homeschool, I think he would benefit way more from going to school, but I'm just too nervous to send him with Covid still climbing like it is. I'm still worried I'm going to set him back by keeping him home, though :(
There's nothing that can compare to face to face interaction in a classroom. Go with your gut

Reactions: Minx2121

Minx2121

Reaction score
Understandable, it is a hard choice for sure, no good choices for anybody with covid in the mix.

freekshow420

Reaction score
lol im only at 6.02 pe , but i have a few higher paying hits in my catcher that im hoping will catch but probably not

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There's no way in hell any 14 year old will be following proper precautions. We were all 14 once and we know this, lol.
I think they're much more likely to run around licking each other for funesies. But I'm also not going to judge any parent or what they decide to do lol

Sancho88

Reaction score
There's no way in hell any 14 year old will be following proper precautions. We were all 14 once and we know this, lol.
So true. Did you see the picture of the kids in the hall of the Georgia high school yesterday? I think I saw maybe 5 out of 50 with masks on.

Dottie

Reaction score
I think they're much more likely to run around licking each other for funesies. But I'm also not going to judge any parent or what they decide to do lol
oh 100% - covid won't kill many kids so they don't have anything to fear really. but they'll be spreading it like wildfire... at this point i'm just waiting to get it not if i get it.

it is what it is at this point... the one's who will be dying are the teachers and it's going to suck for them. I can't imagine being put into that position.

Last edited:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So true. Did you see the picture of the kids in the hall of the Georgia high school yesterday? I think I saw maybe 5 out of 50 with masks on.
God, yes, I saw that this morning. The school kiddo would be going to is splitting up the classes and staggering them (so half the class comes to school on monday and wednesday, the other half on tuesday and thursday). But they were large classes to begin with so that's still a lot of kids.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember seeing a post where a girl was like "I didn't wash my hands until I was 10 or 12, and I was in the gifted program." And even if kids are told to wash their hands, most of them aren't going to do it properly and then they'll probably have them in their mouth if they're young. Then all those kids who don't cover their mouth or nose properly when they sneeze. Ugh. I don't have kids but if my nieces and nephews go back to school, I'm staying the f away.

PandaThief

Reaction score
5 min with 50 cent bonus

Title: 10 minute research study!(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MPR Lab [A1D3TEW14SPDKU] (Req TV): $15.84/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Read a few paragraphs and answer a few questions
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Exc: [-1339327922-237491] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
I just don't think my 4 year old is, though. or most of the other 4 year olds he'd be in a classroom with
I have a 6 year old daughter who is going into first grade. We had a choice here face to face or distance learning. We had to commit to our choice for the first nine weeks and then we could change our choice or stick with our choice. I choose distance learning. I would rather be safe then sorry. If other parents feel safe sending their kids to school then that is their choice and I respect that. I will sit back for the first nine weeks and see how reopening goes. My daughter really wants to go to school, and I want her to go. She loves school. But right now school will not be what she is use to.

Status
Not open for further replies.