Title: Survey about experiences with mobile applications | Accept
Requester: MMI Basel [AZCUJXE93UJIB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 33
Description: Describe an experience and fill in a survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

wascal wabbit

Drunken Spelunker
Contributor
Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
New here, I use to use mturkforum years ago, but that place seems pretty dead now. Is there a reason people aren't doing these Vladimir hits? I haven't mturked this week because we had to put my cat down.
I'm so sorry about your cat :(.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
it does hurt the orangutaun, but another reason it's a problem is because the oil palm tree grows where the weather is hot and very rainy
therefore, such a commercial crop would require land in rainforest areas
which means that decent land would have to be taken from rainforest areas in order to maintain land for the oil palms
that deforestation has many negative side effects; chief among them is actually the ability to regulate the global temperature - a higher level of CO2 and a lower level of oxygen, trapped within our levels of atmosphere lead to higher temperatures.
additionally, a growing tree consumes oxygen until it reaches full maturity.
trees don't simply produce oxygen and consume CO2, they require oxygen to grow
I completely agree with you. It sucks too because they have to take down trees that help the environment to plant these palm oil trees...which don't do shit for the environment. And then not to mention all the damage it does to the rain forests, the inhabitants of it... The whole system is jacked. But a lot of people are unaware of it and palm oil is in practically everything. So for the average consumer, you'd have to make a lot of changes to your purchases if you really wanted to stop buying items with palm oil :(

For people who are curious, here are a list of items that you buy at the store which have palm oil: https://www.worldwildlife.org/pages/which-everyday-products-contain-palm-oil

edit to add:
and for the items we ask, "does this have palm oil in it?"
Many products that use palm oil aren't clearly labeled. Palm oil and its derivatives can appear under many names, including:

INGREDIENTS: Vegetable Oil, Vegetable Fat, Palm Kernel, Palm Kernel Oil, Palm Fruit Oil, Palmate, Palmitate, Palmolein, Glyceryl, Stearate, Stearic Acid, Elaeis Guineensis, Palmitic Acid, Palm Stearine, Palmitoyl Oxostearamide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Lauryl Lactylate/Sulphate, Hyrated Palm Glycerides, Etyl Palmitate, Octyl Palmitate, Palmityl Alcohol

CONTAINS: Palm oil

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Well, I learned something sinon @sinon (so, thanks :).

If folks want to discuss this more, I think this could go....perhaps in the politics thread (or another thread dedicated to this).
(Main work thread and all.......)

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
/me just realized what the thread's title was

Reactions: Butter

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Memory research(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Eric Stenstrom (Miami Marketing Lab) [AH2HURAPU5NOK] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.52] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=26] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 1200
Available: 15
Description: Test your memory for faces
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [98392701-100536] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

wascal wabbit

Drunken Spelunker
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision-Making Study August 2018 | PANDA
Requester: Holly [A18VKOMJP2ATL1] (Req TV): $18.00/hr
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
This academic survey will help us learn about what factors influence individual decisions. Your eligibility to participate in this survey may depend on your participation in a prior HIT by this requester, which you can check on the first page. Thank you!
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
New here, I use to use mturkforum years ago, but that place seems pretty dead now. Is there a reason people aren't doing these Vladimir hits? I haven't mturked this week because we had to put my cat down.
There were some people saying they got rejections on TO. That plus the hits having soooo many selections its hard to believe you could do a lot of them without having problems.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.