08/03 - Nutella Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
95% of what tuition goes for is subsidizing college sports programs.
I don't think they have much in the way of that. I went to BC - so......it has become a pretty big sports school. But she is looking at Bennington College and I think they don't have many competitive sports.

Reactions: sofaslug

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Differentiating flawed and sound arguments | Accept
Requester: Stephan Lewandowsky [A1NEGKKYSRF5P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.64] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: We are interested in how people respond to different types of arguments and how they affect attitudes
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: jan

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short quick survey about your perceptions and social attitudes. About 5 minutes and $1.(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Survey Studies for Pay [A3LCIQF1AIQ7J1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.23] [Pay=4.15] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.80] [Comm=3.38] [Fair=4.81] [Reviews=148] [ToS=4]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1800
Description: In this survey, you will answer questions about your perceptions and your social attitudes. Be aware that there is an attention check in this survey. If you fail this attention check, your HIT will automatically be terminated and you will not be paid.
Qualifications: cadcbc84 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [101119-100530] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

rawsteak

Reaction score
The quality of my education at community college was actually higher than what I received at the university I transfered to.
So, I have to agree with you. I started at a very small community college that, while respectable, cost much less than the university I went to. It was obvious the university had some perks that the community college didn't (larger library, grounds-keeping, etc.) but the quality of the professors/education I received there were no different, and in some cases, worse. For example, my university hired an adjunct who fought with my peers during class time and would regularly denounce psychology and hard sciences because they didn't fit her personal narrative, and I had a tenured math professor on his last days who gave 98% of his work to an overloaded teaching assistant. :notworthy:

In other news, I've made about tree-fiddy this morning.

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short Quiz and Decision Task with bonuses (10-30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: NYUAD Social Science Experimental Laboratory [A3MLE3J148741L] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.47] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Description: This contains a short quiz and some experimental games with bonuses (10-30 minutes)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: rawsteak

Minx2121

Reaction score
Just got an email that I received a bonus for the second part of a 2 part survey. They said I did not complete part one but I still passed the attention checks....so I am now doing part one after completing part 2.... I'll take it lol

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got an email that I received a bonus for the second part of a 2 part survey. They said I did not complete part one but I still passed the attention checks....so I am now doing part one after completing part 2.... I'll take it lol
ouch, you got lucky this time, but you have to be careful that you are qualified for things like that.
if something indicates that it's a part 2, look at the quals the hit requires
specifically look for either a "inc. 566 is 1" or a "group2 is 1" or something like that
if the only qual is "located in US" ...be leery

sometimes you'll have a task where part 1 was 3months or even a year ago, and you might not remember it. I took one recently that was a 9 months later survey about foods my kid eats

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I really wish requesters would learn how to assign quals for follow up surveys. Leaving it wide open to almost anyone doesn't seem like a good idea on any level.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I really wish requesters would learn how to assign quals for follow up surveys. Leaving it wide open to almost anyone doesn't seem like a good idea on any level.
even if they didn't get quals, put a password on the survey or something
anything to keep out just anyone, because there are people that will take advantage, and there are some people who make innocent mistakes
mturk itself doesn't teach users how to use the platform, so a new comer could easily make the mistake
I get it - the requester could argue that they wrote out specific details in the opening briefing
but they are wasting their OWN time if they don't broadcast to their expected audience

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of requesters don't seem very bright.
I wouldn't say that
I imagine that if workers don't have much training, neither do requesters
sure, amazon hosts an area for requesters, and they have some documentation
but I highly doubt it's pushed onto them; i bet it is only briefly mentioned

Last edited:

tcal

Real Human Bean
Reaction score
Another Respondent study is up in the Other Ways to Make Money section. This one is for vape/e-cig users. I, again, don't qualify but take a look if that's you!

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Decision Making Preferences | Accept
Requester: Michael Amlung [A3RZY16MTWMWWP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.55] [Pay=2.25] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.50] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.75
Description: MTurk workers are invited for a research study to better understand motivation and decision making. You will answer a few surveys and make decisions about monetary rewards. This is expected to take no more than 20-30 minutes.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I should look into what was actually spent on my education. My mom had enough saved for me (my bio dad died when I was little, she squirreled away the social security she received) but I lived at home all 4 years, my dad paid for books and I did 60% of my undergrad at a community college. The rest was at old dominion a public uni.
I don't think they have much in the way of that. I went to BC - so......it has become a pretty big sports school. But she is looking at Bennington College and I think they don't have many competitive sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.