Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Short research game - read and answer questions (5-7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Cocolab at Princeton [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.54] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.86] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=4.86] [Fair=4.79] [Reviews=168] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Tell us what you think in this research game! Read about events and answer questions. ~6 minutes
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

PandaThief

Reaction score
I set my HF to 1700 ms. You think that might be too long? So you mean the number of hits available that shows in my logged hits is not a accurate number then? Once the HIT goes to the logged section it is no longer being monitored regarding the number of those HITS avail?
Nope the log is not accurate, those hits that are showing are probably scooped up in seconds. I have mine set to 800, it's all dependent though because i had it set lower and was getting PRE"s out the anus . 800 seems to work best for me

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
I set my HF to 1700 ms. You think that might be too long? So you mean the number of hits available that shows in my logged hits is not a accurate number then? Once the HIT goes to the logged section it is no longer being monitored regarding the number of those HITS avail?
1700 is fine if it works for you. The more important thing than how fast that HF finds something is how quick you are to react to clicking it. If it shows up on your HF, it was there, yo just didn't get it in time. If a 15 dollar HIT comes across, a whole lot of people are going to be vying for that HIT as opposed to one that is .50 cents. There have been times that I see a HIT come across and click on it the instant I see it, and I don't get it and there are other times that I do get it. Luck of the draw, I guess.

As far as the logging is concerned, I believe that amount that is shown available in the logged section is what was available at the time of the search when it was logged.

Reactions: LucyO and I Ching

I Ching

Reaction score
Nope the log is not accurate, those hits that are showing are probably scooped up in seconds. I have mine set to 800, it's all dependent though because i had it set lower and was getting PRE"s out the anus . 800 seems to work best for me
Ok, thanks

Reactions: LucyO

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I generally run at 900ms, thats where i found i started only getting a PRE every once in a blue moon. Just gotta play with it until your happy with it.

I Ching

Reaction score
1700 is fine if it works for you. The more important thing than how fast that HF finds something is how quick you are to react to clicking it. If it shows up on your HF, it was there, yo just didn't get it in time. If a 15 dollar HIT comes across, a whole lot of people are going to be vying for that HIT as opposed to one that is .50 cents. There have been times that I see a HIT come across and click on it the instant I see it, and I don't get it and there are other times that I do get it. Luck of the draw, I guess.

As far as the logging is concerned, I believe that amount that is shown available in the logged section is what was available at the time of the search when it was logged.
I seem to have a major problem with this. I rarely get any hits I click on. I wonder as far as the coding side of HF, if before it searches Mturk it has other actions it has to perform before searching Mturk upon each search that maybe slowing it down. I suppose the people that create these scripts would have it fine tuned by now though and what we have is probably the most efficient.

I'm also on a old computer, connected wirelessly, and probably not the best internet.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm freaking out just a little bit. The post office lost my package. Although not a HUGE deal, its almost $1000 worth of stuff and I absolutely need it by next week. I hope they find it!!! :nailbite:
If there is tracking and you have a true package acceptance scan (not a "label created" or "waiting for acceptance"), I would feel pretty good that it's in the hands of the USPS and if the shipper contacts them and it's been a reasonable amount of time since shipping, the USPS should do a search of the package at the last known facility.

I hope your package is not being processed through a Chicago-area one - seems like everything I get that tracking shows coming to me through that one sits there a week waiting to be processed and moved to the next facility.

I Ching

Reaction score
Might also help running PC in a different window or computer where it can do it's own thing. I never run mines in tabs anymore and noticed better performance
Yeah, I'm limited in what I can do unfortunately for now. I got the jankiest, gutter set up.

Reactions: savvy and LucyO

KYLaura

Reaction score
I have to laugh at my tracked time in the dashboard - time in seat does not equal tracked time, for sure. Especially on a day like today.

Reactions: LucyO and savvy

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Short Academic Study(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Matthew Farmer [A1Z945C11917XB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.03] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.17] [Pen=0.46] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 20:00
Available: 2
Description: survey
Qualifications: Exc: [-1186341969-153348] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US

Was about a minute and a half.

Reactions: DatJersey

I Ching

Reaction score
One thing I noticed about HF and maybe I'm wrong is, a lot of hits that first appear in HF appear as non rated until after a couple seconds then the TV/TO data loads. At least, this is my assumption of what is happening. But if this is the case, I wonder if its almost better to have your HF settings at requester rating at 0, because if your settings are set for 0 for requester rating you are catching all those hits soon as they post as opposed to having an actual rating set meaning you won't catch hits soon as they post because they first appear non rated.

Also, not every hit appears at first as non rated and gray, but I do see this happen frequently. Not sure if what I just typed above makes any sense to anyone.

Another strange thing I notice too is when I click on a hit in HF, FOR A BRIEF MILLASECOND I will see the hit title in the HIT tab as if it was accepted, but quickly after the tab reverts back to reading "Amazon Mechanical Turk" like it does for hits that don't get accepted. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Thinking it might be my Survey Comet day! Last week I got it Wednesday. Fingers crossed cause it looks to be a slow one.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
It was sent UPS mail innovations, which is combined effort from UPS and USPS. I have been having issues with our mail carrier lately however.
Ruh roh, raggy! Slow boat to china shipping.

I'm always amazed how combos like this can save a shipper money over just shipping it USPS directly considering this is a combo of two different organziations and two different transportation networks, but my theory is that these packages are thought of as low priority so they get used as filler when filling up trucks or cargo cages.

I hope you got a UPS tracking number so you can track it to your postal carrier's station and then a USPS tracking number to verify the station accepted the package from UPS and give you an estimated postal carrier delivery date.

Status
Not open for further replies.