Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from HumansMachinesCenter for work related to **************.
The value of your bonus is: $7.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

PandaThief

Reaction score
Label a couple of leafs for $15, i'll risk the rejection

Title: Label plant leaves in the image | PANDA
Requester: Freek [A2RV7WF2H58VKY] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Label indiviual leaves of phaleanopsis in the tray
Time: 24 hour(s)
HITs Available: 16
Reward: $15.00
Qualifications: None;

PandaThief

Reaction score
Sending back that $15 leaf hit at 9:30. There's almost 200 leafs, nice 24 hr timer though so you can do it
through·out the day

3YATNUOYWP35NGP36YNHOMESK1AR5O

Reactions: LucyO

I Ching

Reaction score
Sending back that $15 leaf hit at 9:30. There's almost 200 leafs, nice 24 hr timer though so you can do it
through·out the day

3YATNUOYWP35NGP36YNHOMESK1AR5O
How come I couldn't accept this hit although there was several posted. I even put a hit watcher on it and I see in my logged HITS this hit is still there with 15 available yet I never caught the hit in hit catcher. And still not catching the hit. Why is that? Does the number of hits that show in HF not always represent what is really available?

PandaThief

Reaction score
How come I couldn't accept this hit although there was several posted. I even put a hit watcher on it and I see in my logged HITS this hit is still there with 15 available yet I never caught the hit in hit catcher. Why is that? Does the number of hits that show in HF not always represent what is really available?
No idea, having Gigabit internet probably helps me out a little , not by much maybe a second or two

Reactions: LucyO and I Ching

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
How come I couldn't accept this hit although there was several posted. I even put a hit watcher on it and I see in my logged HITS this hit is still there with 15 available yet I never caught the hit in hit catcher. And still not catching the hit. Why is that? Does the number of hits that show in HF not always represent what is really available?
It's dependent on how long you have your HF set to do scrapes. If you have a few seconds between searches on HF, it is likely that the HITS have already been claimed. I imagine all of those specific HITs got scarfed up as soon as they showed up.
Anything you see in your logged HITS area of HF are just that, a log of HITs that HF has seen, it does not necessarily mean that they are still available. I usually go through there and see if there are anything I missed that I want to set a PANDA for.
I would leave it your HIT catcher for a while in case some folks toss them back. There is a 24 hour time on the HIT so there might be some that come back tomorrow morning when the timer runs out.

I Ching

Reaction score
It's dependent on how long you have your HF set to do scrapes. If you have a few seconds between searches on HF, it is likely that the HITS have already been claimed. I imagine all of those specific HITs got scarfed up as soon as they showed up.
Anything you see in your logged HITS area of HF are just that, a log of HITs that HF has seen, it does not necessarily mean that they are still available. I usually go through there and see if there are anything I missed that I want to set a PANDA for.
I would leave it your HIT catcher for a while in case some folks toss them back. There is a 24 hour time on the HIT so there might be some that come back tomorrow morning when the timer runs out.
I set my HF to 1700 ms. You think that might be too long? So you mean the number of hits available that shows in my logged hits is not a accurate number then? Once the HIT goes to the logged section it is no longer being monitored regarding the number of those HITS avail?

jan

Reaction score
Title: Study on food decisions(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Boston Decision Laboratory [A15HTJTGHH26A2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.50] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.82] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=3.24] [Fair=4.36] [Reviews=255] [ToS=5]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: A 3-4 minute survey on food decisions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1059481331-153376] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

Reactions: DatJersey

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Survey about your thinking style (10-15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.41] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.46] [Fast=4.76] [Comm=4.12] [Fair=4.76] [Reviews=126] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.25
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Questions about how you tend to think about intuition, thinking, truth, etc
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Adelaide Basic Qualification Exists
the qual HIT for this is in yesterday's (Father Day Sunday) work thread if you don't already have it and want to see if it's still available to catch and work.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from HumansMachinesCenter for work related to **************.
The value of your bonus is: $7.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Status
Not open for further replies.