06/15 - Sugar Lumps Saturday

Would you eat a bowl of dog food for $10,000?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Quick survey regarding your wine preference(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Yefim Roth [A2CWG51Y2AN2CA] (Req TV): $16.73/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 2.40] [Fair: 2.33] [Comm: 2.50] [Fast: 2.67]
Description:
Short survey on wine preference
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Exc: [1159005779-153181] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Survey of Opinions(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: David A Dunning [A2N0EK65M4HGDY] (Req TV): $14.96/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.08] [Fair: 4.05] [Comm: 2.69] [Fast: 3.88]
Description:
A survey asking your views on medical and everyday items
Time: 1 hour(s) 10 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: TP Panel: 1023189265 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Exc: [4916605-153176] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

KYLaura

Reaction score
Annoyed by a rejection for "poor quality". I should have paid attention to the fact that the requester had no TO reviews.

• Wow

Zick

Reaction score
Has anyone grabbed any Ibotta HITs this week? My panda hasn't hit since like Monday. Really missing those numbers

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Ethan LaMothe for work related to 3UDTAB6HH6K7JU0G7MZOUTWPMFR09D.
The value of your bonus is: $2.44 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
any amateur meteorologists here? I'm curious why the morning sun seems more extreme than the afternoon sun. I was outside chilling out a few mins and had to come in after about 10 minutes as it felt super hot.

I wonder if the sun hits the house and radiates a few feet to where my table/chair is outside. I also have a theory that the change in temperature is greater from sunrise to noon than it is from say 5pm to sunset and that air temperature change makes it feel hotter quicker in the morning.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
How's it goin?
Probably a good morning to install Panda Crazy or Hit Forker and give that a try since it's fairly dead that I don't think anything I like will be missed while messing around with PC or HFo.

One of my favorite batchers normally posts a mega batch but yesterday they posted micro batches of 5-10 items apiece. I need to figure out how to add them to the queue to work because if you do it one-sie (with auto-accept HIT checked) you will only get a fraction of the hits done working through as many micro tasks you can find available rather than the normal mega batch where Hit Finder can go crazy catching them into my queue until my queue size is full.

I am guessing PC or HFo might be a way to better automate getting those into my queue while I'm busy working them so I can get a large amount of them done again instead of only a fraction of them like yesterday.

I Ching

Reaction score
So I heard that a lot of the good batches get purposely low rated in TO and TV (even though they are the great batches) in order to protect them from other Turkers doing them. Big thanks to all those workers who have done that. I have a screen full of red batches and don't even know where to start now. Obviously most of those red ones siting stagnant today are probably crap, but those snakey, scheming methods aren't very nice. tisk.

I can understand not wanting others to share in the money you want to make, but when you are going lengths such as those mentioned above, that is just really deceptive.

Whats the point of having these rating systems for workers when you can't even fully trust them? So much for the "community"

Honestly, not even sure why I am even subscribed to TV if I cant even trust it fully because of being mislead.

Really, TV needs its own set of moderators. Look and see what good batches or surveys that are being rated crappy, see what users are rating these batches. You should then be able to see those user's past ratings and if there is a definite pattern of them using these tactics, those users should get the hammer of Thor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.