Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I'm surprised they don't invest more in protecting him. They're more likely to send their best asset to an early retirement.
well this is the same team that paid Brock Osweiler 80+ million without working him out

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I'm surprised they don't invest more in protecting him. They're more likely to send their best asset to an early retirement.
Like, I'd rather have him throw to receivers with no hands if it means he has a brick wall around him.

Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
You're the only one who's 9 inches though. The rest of us are at least 5 ft and up.
this went in a different direction than what i was expecting. second sentence made it PG

Reactions: turkleton

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
well this is the same team that paid Brock Osweiler 80+ million without working him out
To be fair, no one knew he'd only have one good season his entire career. Houston made the same mistake with Jeremy Lin.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
this went in a different direction than what i was expecting. second sentence made it PG
Well, I don't how much bragging you could get away with without getting banned.

Last edited:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Imagine if sports didn't have arbitrary rules as to who you could have on your team. Like there were no salary caps, no drafts and looser contracts. It would probably just end up being New York and LA fighting over all the trophies, cause they'd just throw money into getting super teams.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Man we've all had some good times, haven't we...

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
She is an admin of a forum that has helped make MTurk profitable for some people. I imagine Bezos wants her to "disappear".
why? What's good for MTC is also good for Bezos. People make some money on MTC, requesters have to post hits for MTC and others to make money so Bezos gets paid for listing those hits, handling the payments, and (I suspect based on doing some of them...) money for using AWS to host some of those hits.

I have to check the Amazon annual report - the stock proxy came the other day, I've voted, but I haven't looked yet in the accompanying Annual Report to see if AMT is listed specifically in the report and if there is a figure about the number of registered or active turk workers (doubtful as its probably proprietary) and how much revenue and expenses there is for the AMT portion of Amazon.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
why? What's good for MTC is also good for Bezos. People make some money on MTC, requesters have to post hits for MTC and others to make money so Bezos gets paid for listing those hits, handling the payments, and (I suspect based on doing some of them...) money for using AWS to host some of those hits.

I have to check the Amazon annual report - the stock proxy came the other day, I've voted, but I haven't looked yet in the accompanying Annual Report to see if AMT is listed specifically in the report and if there is a figure about the number of registered or active turk workers (doubtful as its probably proprietary) and how much revenue and expenses there is for the AMT portion of Amazon.
Amazon don't give a shiiiiiiiii if we make money, as long as requesters keep paying for hits to get posted. And they'd still get done, without scripts and what not, it would just be more spread out and harder to find and there'd be less workers over all and less people making decent money off of it. There will always be the people who'll do a hit or two to make quick beer money.

Status
Not open for further replies.