05/15 - S-X Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Charlene22

Reaction score
Well I just did this. The rejection rate is terrible but the turkerview rating are good so we shall see. I'm a glutton for punishment today, lol.
Title: Decision making study(~ 35 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: minerva_lab_technion [A3BDL8XYYE7MZO] (Req TV): $41.62/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This is a decision making study.
The study will include some cognitive tasks and questionnaires.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $9.00
Qualifications: Exc: [-171323049-364375] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Reactions: jan

blackpupjean

Reaction score
After living in Mexico for six months, I realized many things. Many Mexicans work for tips. The baggers in the grocery stores work for tips. The ones that pump the gas work for tips. The ones in the airport that push wheelchairs work for tips. None of them get paid by the company they work for, just from the people who they wait on. The minimum wage is $172 pesos, or just under $10 per day. This is why things in Mexico cost so much less than the US and why Canadians and Americans are moving there. Plus it is a much simpler life.

However to get temporary residency there one has to make $2600 a month. In either pension, social security or wages or both or all three together. I fall just short of that, but I'm going to try anyway. They need six months of bank statements at the Mexican consulate when you have your appt.

I found Mexico to be a much simpler way of life. No one is ever in a hurry. They have what is called Mexican time. When someone says they will be there is a few minutes, two hours later they might show up. LOL.

I loved it there so much and I'm very homesick and can't wait to go back. The only thing I don't like is that before it was guaranteed if you wanted 180 days you would get 180 days. Then you could cross the border and a couple days later come back again and get another 180 days. No, they don't do that anymore. It's no longer guaranteed to get 180 days. You might get and you might not. It all depends on the agent you get at customs. Which really sucks, especially if you are all planned on coming for 180 and they only give you 90.

Anyway, a bit of tidbit about Mexico and what I've learned, for you reading enjoyment.

Thank you and happy Sunday.

Only thing is I can't turk in Mexico. I tried with a VPN, and they didn't like it and said if I continue my account will be eliminated. Or something to that effect.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
After living in Mexico for six months, I realized many things. Many Mexicans work for tips. The baggers in the grocery stores work for tips. The ones that pump the gas work for tips. The ones in the airport that push wheelchairs work for tips. None of them get paid by the company they work for, just from the people who they wait on. The minimum wage is $172 pesos, or just under $10 per day. This is why things in Mexico cost so much less than the US and why Canadians and Americans are moving there. Plus it is a much simpler life.

However to get temporary residency there one has to make $2600 a month. In either pension, social security or wages or both or all three together. I fall just short of that, but I'm going to try anyway. They need six months of bank statements at the Mexican consulate when you have your appt.

I found Mexico to be a much simpler way of life. No one is ever in a hurry. They have what is called Mexican time. When someone says they will be there is a few minutes, two hours later they might show up. LOL.

I loved it there so much and I'm very homesick and can't wait to go back. The only thing I don't like is that before it was guaranteed if you wanted 180 days you would get 180 days. Then you could cross the border and a couple days later come back again and get another 180 days. No, they don't do that anymore. It's no longer guaranteed to get 180 days. You might get and you might not. It all depends on the agent you get at customs. Which really sucks, especially if you are all planned on coming for 180 and they only give you 90.

Anyway, a bit of tidbit about Mexico and what I've learned, for you reading enjoyment.

Thank you and happy Sunday.
I've never been to Mexico. My daughter was supposed to go on a school trip (but then covid :(

I'd love to visit. But, tbh - I really like cold weather. I don't mind the heat for a short time, but no more snow.....that would be impossible for me. When I lived in FL I missed it so much.

It does look pretty, though - and I've watched youtube videos on living there :). How is your Spanish coming along?

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: This is an academic research study to determine what factors affect willingness to pay full price for swimsuits | PANDA
Requester: Sherrard Spiers [A3MMOFCSQIEZVQ]
TurkerView: [ $15.77 / hour ]
Description: I am a doctoral student conducting research on Consumer Behavior as related to Season Short Life Cycle Goods and the impact of Seasonality.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications:
  • Location EqualTo US-NY
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 50
[3NRDOESS8Z6JW0W27Y7OB8CKZ0KWQN]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: An academic study(~ 9 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Aylin Cakanlar [AIV3GUVR66SYY]
TurkerView: [ $12.02 / hour ]
Description: In this study, you will be asked to answer some questions about your decision making process.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 8
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Exc: [364758-364169] DoesNotExist
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3G26F8SQCKV3WJ8RWX8ODGD7U1U7IE]

Reactions: HelloHello

blackpupjean

Reaction score
I've never been to Mexico. My daughter was supposed to go on a school trip (but then covid :(

I'd love to visit. But, tbh - I really like cold weather. I don't mind the heat for a short time, but no more snow.....that would be impossible for me. When I lived in FL I missed it so much.

It does look pretty, though - and I've watched youtube videos on living there :). How is your Spanish coming along?
It's really hard. But I keep studying. It helps being fully immersed in it. My best friend is Mexican and lives in the same town I was in. We whatsapp every day and I write in Spanish even though I have to look up many many words. And when we talk I try to speak Spanish, but that is hard. Listening to others speak Spanish is really hard because Mexicans speak very fast. Writing is the easiest, reading second . Speaking is third, but I really have to think of what I'm saying. Listening is nearly impossible, I can pick out about 3 or 4 words.

I find listening to someone from Peru is much easier because they speak much slower than Mexicans.

but everyday I study. Right now I'm using Pimsleur, because there is a lot of talking. So I switch off between Duolingo and Pimsluer. And, of course, my friend. Full immersion is the best way to learn any language.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing on here today. Trying to decide where to go on vacation, Myrtle Beach, SC or Destin FL. Been to Myrtle Beach numerous times LOVE it, never been to Destin. My son goes to Destin every year him and the family loves it. But I'm the stay with what you like kinda person. Any suggestion?

Reactions: HelloHello

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Nothing on here today. Trying to decide where to go on vacation, Myrtle Beach, SC or Destin FL. Been to Myrtle Beach numerous times LOVE it, never been to Destin. My son goes to Destin every year him and the family loves it. But I'm the stay with what you like kinda person. Any suggestion?
When will you be going?

Status
Not open for further replies.